Minneapolis
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
13-03-2019
Hey all I had a question about a unique issue that I have, I just got my ITA and am in the process of gathering all my information. When I first came to the US by mistake I added my nickname as my last name and not my family name so the I-20 had it like that. Due to this my driver's license has my family name as the middle name and my nickname as the last name. So I realized that a lot of the documents that will be issued from the US: Employer letter, Bank Letter from Well's Fargo and the FBI police clearance will be a bit different from my passport name (Just the last name). What do you guys suggest I should do? Should I add an LOE in the application explaining my situation and upload my driver's license and SSN Card to prove I am the same person?
Here is a breakdown:
Passport: (First Name)(Last Name)
Bank Letter: (First Name) (Last Name)(Nick Name)

Last edited:

SNijjar

Apr 9, 2019
Did your issue regarding your name get resolved? I have a similar issue and I am really hoping to get an answer. My 60 day count has started.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
I will give you what I think
Now the thing you could do is either write an loe and explain the whole thing with your copies of documents or you could.simply go to the court or a legal office and make the same name affadavit where you declare that both names are your names. I think this is much simpler. But wait for other senior members also to endorse my answer

SNijjar

Apr 9, 2019
Hi, i have received an ITA and 54 days are remaining for me to submit the PR application. I am the primary candidate and my husband is the secondary. I am an Indian with an Indian passport but we are applying from US. I do not have a last name but at certain places a last name is a must hence there are the following discrepancies in my name:

1. The Given name in my passport and all school and college documents is Sheena and last name field is blank. Also police verification from India mentions name as Sheena.
2. I am applying under FSW, and my name with the company(Back in India) is Sheena Nijjar. Nijjar being my father's last name also given in Passport as Father's name. WES mentions my name as (Nijjar), Sheena. Last name in mentioned in bracket probably because my name in academic transcripts was Sheena.
3. US Police Clearance and US VISA mentions my mane as FNU Sheena. I took my IELTS in USA and they advised to put Sheena FNU (First name unknown).

I am getting the following documents as proof:
- Letter from My company in India mentioning that Sheena and Sheena Nijjar are the same name.
- An affidavit from Notary public here in USA saying all these are the same person
- My birth Certificate (trying to get this made)

Is there any other document that I should submit as proof? Can this discrepancy lead to a rejection? also, please advise if I should put a Yes or No when asked 'Did you have any other names apart from the name in the application', because technically my name is only Sheena and Nijjar and FNU are only used where the system did not accept a blank last name.

Really appreciate your help.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi, i have received an ITA and 54 days are remaining for me to submit the PR application. I am the primary candidate and my husband is the secondary. I am an Indian with an Indian passport but we are applying from US. I do not have a last name but at certain places a last name is a must hence there are the following discrepancies in my name:

1. The Given name in my passport and all school and college documents is Sheena and last name field is blank. Also police verification from India mentions name as Sheena.
2. I am applying under FSW, and my name with the company(Back in India) is Sheena Nijjar. Nijjar being my father's last name also given in Passport as Father's name. WES mentions my name as (Nijjar), Sheena. Last name in mentioned in bracket probably because my name in academic transcripts was Sheena.
3. US Police Clearance and US VISA mentions my mane as FNU Sheena. I took my IELTS in USA and they advised to put Sheena FNU (First name unknown).

I am getting the following documents as proof:
- Letter from My company in India mentioning that Sheena and Sheena Nijjar are the same name.
- An affidavit from Notary public here in USA saying all these are the same person
- My birth Certificate (trying to get this made)

Is there any other document that I should submit as proof? Can this discrepancy lead to a rejection? also, please advise if I should put a Yes or No when asked 'Did you have any other names apart from the name in the application', because technically my name is only Sheena and Nijjar and FNU are only used where the system did not accept a blank last name.

Really appreciate your help.
I think what you have there is good enough. Just make sure to make the same name affadavit as its the most important one of them.
Your docs along with a good explanation in the letter of explanation is fine.
Regarding the whether you should tick yes or no for the did you have other names question, we will have to ask a senior member for this

SNijjar

Apr 9, 2019
I think what you have there is good enough. Just make sure to make the same name affadavit as its the most important one of them.
Your docs along with a good explanation in the letter of explanation is fine.
Regarding the whether you should tick yes or no for the did you have other names question, we will have to ask a senior member for this
Thank you so much for your response :)

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
What if my name was ABC in high school study permit and my old passport, but i added my english name John in my new passport + new university study permit/Post Grad work permit

Is it consider name change?? my name is now ABC John (still the same but add John)

thanks

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Yes it is, you need to make the same name affadavit too. It doesnt take time and its easy to do