+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Difference in documents....Solution?

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

I have received the ITA after much await and I'm now scanning to upload my documents on the CIC website. However, on certain documents I've noticed my name is different. Passport has the format <'First Name' 'Father's Name' 'Last Name'>, Birth Certificate shows just my 'First Name' only and mentions my parents full names under different tab, some education documents have the format <'Last Name' 'First Name' 'Father's Name' 'Mother's Name'>, work related documents has just my First and Last name. There are no spelling errors in any of them, just the arrangement of the names are different. Will that be a problem? If yes, then any solution? Please help....

much thanks

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
rhy2014 said:
Hello Experts,

I have received the ITA after much await and I'm now scanning to upload my documents on the CIC website. However, on certain documents I've noticed my name is different. Passport has the format <'First Name' 'Father's Name' 'Last Name'>, Birth Certificate shows just my 'First Name' only and mentions my parents full names under different tab, some education documents have the format <'Last Name' 'First Name' 'Father's Name' 'Mother's Name'>, work related documents has just my First and Last name. There are no spelling errors in any of them, just the arrangement of the names are different. Will that be a problem? If yes, then any solution? Please help....

much thanks
If only arrangement is different then absolutely no issue,
but, If there is a difference in the spelling, then you should get an affidavit.

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What if the names are not all there?
Eg in some documents its <firstname><fathers name><surname>
In some only <firstname> and <surname>
And in some <firstname> and <fathersname>

However in my passport it is <firstname> <middlename><fathers name><surname>

And my middle name is not used in any other documents!
Someone has recommended to get a name affidavit done.

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
Hello Experts,

much thanks
Hi,

I have the same question. My passport says <first name> <last name> but my educational documents says <last name> <first name> <father’s name>.

Is that okay? Or any affidavit is needed for that?

IronMansk

Jun 21, 2020
HI Experts,
I have received my WES report evaluation so there my name is mentioned in following format LASTNAME (UPPER CASE) Firstname (Upper Camel Case) , please help me by providing information on this that can it create further verification problem in upcoming process as spelling and everything is correct only letter format is the difference
Thanks in Advance