+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
Good day! Two months ago i got married. I got my marriage certificate and have changed my driver's license. I hyphenated my husband's last name. (which now appears on my driver's license).
I, however won't plan on changing my passport or my PR card and just waiting til I apply for my citizenship and it's result. Would this be ok? Please let me know, for those of you who have applied for citizenship with the same situation. Or anything in regards having a married name. Thank you!
All my documents and application are ready and filed up. Just making sure I am doing the right thing.

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi!
Good day! Two months ago i got married. I got my marriage certificate and have changed my driver's license. I hyphenated my husband's last name. (which now appears on my driver's license).
I, however won't plan on changing my passport or my PR card and just waiting til I apply for my citizenship and it's result. Would this be ok? Please let me know, for those of you who have applied for citizenship with the same situation. Or anything in regards having a married name. Thank you!
All my documents and application are ready and filed up. Just making sure I am doing the right thing.
Yes that would be ok. Name change section is there in the application.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got my aor today and they used my old last name and not the ones that where i hyphenated my husband's last name , is this going to be an issue?