+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Change on PR Card

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks..

When my passport was renewed before I applied for PR, the consulate put my entire name in one line under the given name without any surname. When I applied for PR, I was advised that I should put FNU under surname and put my entire name under the given name. I did that and everything went ok..

Fast forward 4 years and when I renewed my passport, i managed to fix it so that My surname and given name were separated.

Now I am not sure what I am supposed to do to fix my name in the Canadian documents. I was advised to renew my PR card and put the correct name and provide my new passport and old passport and proof of name change. I have done that and my PR card is under renewal with no update for a while now. Now someone told me I should have fixed my provincial documents first and then applied for PR card renewal...

Have I done it right, if not, what will happen to my PR card application now?

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Following this! I just had my PR card renewal kicked back (not rejected, just returned), because I only included a copy of the passport I landed with my that had my maiden name. My goal was to update my card with my married name, which I've already updated on my USA passport. Such a headache. I wish they were more clear with primary ID requirements.

Hello Folks..

When my passport was renewed before I applied for PR, the consulate put my entire name in one line under the given name without any surname. When I applied for PR, I was advised that I should put FNU under surname and put my entire name under the given name. I did that and everything went ok..

Fast forward 4 years and when I renewed my passport, i managed to fix it so that My surname and given name were separated.

Now I am not sure what I am supposed to do to fix my name in the Canadian documents. I was advised to renew my PR card and put the correct name and provide my new passport and old passport and proof of name change. I have done that and my PR card is under renewal with no update for a while now. Now someone told me I should have fixed my provincial documents first and then applied for PR card renewal...

Have I done it right, if not, what will happen to my PR card application now?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Following this! I just had my PR card renewal kicked back (not rejected, just returned), because I only included a copy of the passport I landed with my that had my maiden name. My goal was to update my card with my married name, which I've already updated on my USA passport. Such a headache. I wish they were more clear with primary ID requirements.
Submit with a copy of your USA passport then.