+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change on PR card

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi - I have obtained a legal name change certificate, i wish to apply for PR card with that name.

1. Do you know if that is going to be renew PR or replace PR card option?
2. Do i need to send current PR card along with the application (or) can i keep the current one and destroy it, when i get a new PR card?

Anyone, share your thoughts or anyone recently change their name on PR card after getting legal name change certificate share your thoughts?

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2019
Just keep in mind that the PR card is not one of the documents that you are mandated to change after your name change. It is up to you to do so if you want. I changed my name a few years ago and kept the PR card until the expiry date and got the new one with the new name.

To your questions
1. As far as I know .. this is going to be a renewal.
2. You do not send the current PR card as part of the PR card renewal package. Just send the documents in the check list.

Reactions: mbaleine

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Hi
  • My Wife Last name on her Passport got changed, will it be a problem to travel with different last name on PR card and passport . should i apply for a reissue of PR card or will it be ok to travel. she is currently in INDIA. if we apply for reissue of card the card will arrive here so I'm confused how to do this now
Please help

Thanks