+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change for wife

samgrace375

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys,

For my wife her name has changed after marriage and the new and old name is mentioned in the marraige restration document.
That should suffice or do we need to make a one person affidavit for her.

Regards,
Sam

Talitha Koum

Mar 16, 2016
Make an affidavit/notarized letter stating the name before marriage and name after marriage refers to the same person.

samgrace375 said:
Hi guys,

For my wife her name has changed after marriage and the new and old name is mentioned in the marraige restration document.

Regards,
Sam

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Absolutely no need for affidavit. I attached marriage certificate and an LOE pointing to exact lines in the marriage certificate where the officer can see the name change. Never had a problem.

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
Tocanadawego said:
Absolutely no need for affidavit. I attached marriage certificate and an LOE pointing to exact lines in the marriage certificate where the officer can see the name change. Never had a problem.
I dont exactly the same Tocanadawego.
Attached the marriage certificate and clarified it within LOE. Hopefully doesn't cause me any issues... (finger crossed)

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Tocanadawego said:
hey thats a helpful info tocanadawego. In this case the name on education certificates wud also be different and u wud have claimed points for that, did u put an LOE for that too

Pac_man

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
London
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
jackdawn said:
hey thats a helpful info tocanadawego. In this case the name on education certificates wud also be different and u wud have claimed points for that, did u put an LOE for that too
Will be fine - Just explain it in LOE

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
jackdawn said:
My name on education certificates was different and I didn't clarify that with an LOE. I assumed officers were smart enough to put two and two together. And they were. I had absolutely no issues with these things. Even one of my work experience letters from the time I wasn't married yet had my previous name and I didn't bother to attach an LOE to explain. It was fine.

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hi

My wife has changed her name on her passport. On my & my daughter's passport it is still the old name..does it matter??

Or is it okay as far as I have the marriage certificate and her old passport etc?

Plz advise.

mansiib

Jul 6, 2015
Hello
I did my WES ECA and my report shows comment of different names hope so we can explain it in LOEand there is no need of affidavit since I have marriage certificate...pls guide

prazi

Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Regards,
Sam
Affidavit and LoE woks. I have used 2 names and gave affidavit and LoE. I got my PR approved.