+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Change after Marriage

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
I need an advice as my wife is applying for PR in express entry.

Havent got the marriage registered yet but we want her name to contain my surname in the certificate.
However, till now all her documents bear her name before marriage including the passport and IELTS certificate.
We havent got the ECA assessed yet, After getting the marriage certificate we plan to change the name in passport as well and apply to WES with the marriage certificate so that her name after marriage is also accounted for in ECA Report.
As the IELTS result has her name before marriage, will that be a problem ?
Addition of surname of husband is common, so please advice what should be done ?

magento

Jun 5, 2018
I need an advice as my wife is applying for PR in express entry.

Havent got the marriage registered yet but we want her name to contain my surname in the certificate.
However, till now all her documents bear her name before marriage including the passport and IELTS certificate.
We havent got the ECA assessed yet, After getting the marriage certificate we plan to change the name in passport as well and apply to WES with the marriage certificate so that her name after marriage is also accounted for in ECA Report.
As the IELTS result has her name before marriage, will that be a problem ?
Addition of surname of husband is common, so please advice what should be done ?

you will need to attach SAME NAME AFFIDAVIT, you can find template for that easily. Just get it notarised and attach post ITA.