+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name appears in one field in landing papers and PR card

Rmehta18

Jun 10, 2021
My full name appears in last name field in my passport when i applied for PR, as a result the same error appears in my landing papers and in my PR card.
But now my Passport is renewed and it has my first and last name in the appropriate boxes, so I need to know how can I get this error fixed on my Landing paper and PR card.
I reside in Quebec and I have submitted my new PP but they still didn't fix the error.
Any help or guidance is appreciated
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My full name appears in last name field in my passport when i applied for PR, as a result the same error appears in my landing papers and in my PR card.
But now my Passport is renewed and it has my first and last name in the appropriate boxes, so I need to know how can I get this error fixed on my Landing paper and PR card.
I reside in Quebec and I have submitted my new PP but they still didn't fix the error.
Any help or guidance is appreciated
Thanks
Can't you undo the changes in your passport and accept the error?

Rmehta18

Jun 10, 2021
I have got a new passport with no error, so is it possible to get the name error fixed in the landing papers and then in PR card?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have got a new passport with no error, so is it possible to get the name error fixed in the landing papers and then in PR card?
Have you landed with you COPR? Did you already applied and got your PR card?

If so, you may need a legal name changed.

You should have corrected your name in your passport before your immigration process has finished.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the passport you presented when you landed and did all the rest had it all as one name, it was NOT an error from the perspective of IRCC - you presented documents that your name was such-and-such.

You can request IRCC change it, and I would do so on the basis that your (now-correct) foreign passport represents a change of name of which the passport is proof.

If you request IRCC change it on the basis that it was their error, they will almost certainly reject it - because it wasn't.

Reactions: YVR123