+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nait - Winter 2014 - Let us join and share our progress

pscet

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and request you all to please help me. I have applied to Nait last week for Computer Engineering Technology course for winter 2014. I got my student ID and created my Nait Portal and have uploaded all my education and exp certificates. I m from India hence all my documents are in English, so can anyone suggest me whether these documents are sufficient for them for evaluation or should I courier my original certificates for verification. Please let me know your exp with nait to get offer letter.

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
pscet said:
Please can any senior members help me about my document submission... Please
are these courses available in JAN 2014 in particular Network Engineering Technology
http://www.nait.ca/program_home_77384.htm

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
LuvDuggal said:
are these courses available in JAN 2014 in particular Network Engineering Technology
http://www.nait.ca/program_home_77384.htm
If you havent applied yet at NAIT, please dont.....And dont rely totally on it.

I applied on 23rd June and still no response..

pscet

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
yep.. same here please don't rely on them... they are very late.... they don't even respond to ur mails nor calls.. I applied on 10th june and no single update till date :( :(

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
NAIT takes a lot of time for assessing the applications.After receiving your documents, they send your file to IQAS. IQAS do the verification of your certificates. They take 3-4 months. I applied for JAN and got my results in JUNE. So i think you can now understand why the admission process is delayed. After this assessment, NAIT does the selection process and decides in a month about your application. So the early you apply, the better.

LinktoCan

Jul 14, 2013
Dont waste your time with NAIT. They want 110cdn dollars for application fees and 75cdn dollars for paper verification. Funny thing is they verify papers in House and god knows how. If you dont pay them the paper verification fees they will take forever to get back to you and plus will give you the excuse that the seats are full. What i heard is they only want students through fraud agents as this fraud agents will somehow manage to make forge documents to get the study permit for this low grade students. NAIT is full of low grade students from INDIA WHO CAN BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. NAIT is the only institute who will give you admission without IELTS SCORE. i'm sure Mr.KAM GILL(punjabi fellow) is a director of international department for NAIT has some kind of partnership with this fraud agents in India. In my eyes these fraud agents and low garde students are actually spoiling the name of NAIT and this kam gill guy should leave this department. Go apply SOMEWHERE ELSE AND FORGET NAIT.

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
LinktoCan said:
Dont waste your time with NAIT. They want 110cdn dollars for application fees and 75cdn dollars for paper verification. Funny thing is they verify papers in House and god knows how. If you dont pay them the paper verification fees they will take forever to get back to you and plus will give you the excuse that the seats are full. What i heard is they only want students through fraud agents as this fraud agents will somehow manage to make forge documents to get the study permit for this low grade students. NAIT is full of low grade students from INDIA WHO CAN BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. NAIT is the only institute who will give you admission without IELTS SCORE. i'm sure Mr.KAM GILL(punjabi fellow) is a director of international department for NAIT has some kind of partnership with this fraud agents in India. In my eyes these fraud agents and low garde students are actually spoiling the name of NAIT and this kam gill guy should leave this department. Go apply SOMEWHERE ELSE AND FORGET NAIT.

I am sorry to say about this..But no consultant can play any role with NAIT.I wasted a year dependin on stpd consultants. I Applied everythng by myself. Thet ask this 75 $ for verifyin ur certificates.its not necessary that u pay them 75 $. You can urself pay to IQAS and they ll giv u d verification whch ll b useful in gettin job. I did so. And Yes. This is the frst negative feedback I am hearing about Nait. If consultants can pay a major role why nt evryone go thr? Why none of the consultants mention Naits name in priority.

nitin089

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
even i applied to instrumentation in feb, i am still waiting to get admsn. But i totaly disagree that admsn to NAIT is easy via agents, bcz no agents ll sugest nait to priority, instead they ll sugest the college of toronto.

LinktoCan

Jul 14, 2013
R U CURRENTLY IN NAIT, ASK THE STUDENTS FROM PUNJAB OR GUJRAT WHICH AGENTS THEY COME THRU, I'M SURE THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW. NAIT USES AGENTS WHICH THEY HAVE CONTRACT WITH. IF YOU GO THROUGH ANY OTHER AGENTS, NAIT DOESNT ACCEPT THE DOCUMENTS. NAIT HAVE THERE OWN DEPARTMENT IN WHICH THEY VERIFY DOCUMENTS, THEY DONT SEND TO IQAS. BUT YES YOU CAN STILL USE IQAS IF YOU WISH. IF YOU DONT PAY THEM 75CDN DOLLARS THEY WILL TAKE MINIMUM 12WEEKS FOR VERIFICATION AND ALSO DEPENDS HOW BUSY THEY ARE. I'M NOT SAYING NAIT IS A BAD INSTITUTE, ALL I'M SAYING THEY NEED TO FIX SOME THINGS IN INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT FOR BETTER SUPPORT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT USING AGENTS TO APPLY AT NAIT AND ALSO LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF STUDENTS THAT THEY ARE GETTING THROUGH THESE AGENTS.

nitin089

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
i applied throug the same agent , frm whch my frnd went. he is currently in NAIT, thn also i din get admsn yet

slalani

Sep 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.

I've just applied for a 2 year Diploma in Digital Media & IT at NAIT (JAN 2014) . I was wondering if I'm too late for my application as a few of you suggested that it might take forever to get the offer letter..

I have an offer letter from Georgian College, Barrie as a backup option. How long do you suggest I should wait for my offer letter before going for the backup?

My Profile:

10+2 Biology, Physics, Chem (2003): 65%
Diploma in Printing and Graphic Arts (Finished in Nov 2008)
IELTS: 7.0 with no bands less than 5.5

What are my visa chances like based on the above profile?

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAIT is a very well respected school in Western Canada.

Not because you were delayed in getting a response means that it is a bad school. I graduated from NAIT and let me tell you that NAIT grads are highly sought after!!

If any of you is looking to get a fast turnaround and planning to study a 2 year Business Administration Diploma, you can apply through continuing education. You don't need to submit high school diploma or other documents for verification. All you need is a TOEFL score and send the school a $3,500 deposit to reserve your seat. This way you will get your acceptance letter within a few days only.

This is what I did and after acceptance you can easily switch from continuing education to full time after you successfully complete your first semester.

slalani

Sep 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xecuter said:
NAIT is a very well respected school in Western Canada.

Not because you were delayed in getting a response means that it is a bad school. I graduated from NAIT and let me tell you that NAIT grads are highly sought after!!

If any of you is looking to get a fast turnaround and planning to study a 2 year Business Administration Diploma, you can apply through continuing education. You don't need to submit high school diploma or other documents for verification. All you need is a TOEFL score and send the school a $3,500 deposit to reserve your seat. This way you will get your acceptance letter within a few days only.

This is what I did and after acceptance you can easily switch from continuing education to full time after you successfully complete your first semester.
Thank you for your reply. I have already applied for a Diploma in Digital Media and IT.

I have read a lot of posts from you about this Continuing Education. And I'm very confused about it. What is continuing education, and how is it different form the normal course of study? Are International Students eligible for it? Is it a full time course? I could not find a lot of info in NAIT website about this.

Also, what is the application procedure for this? I tried applying through the APAS system, but it doesn't give an option for Continuing Education.

Thanks heaps..

slalani

Sep 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nandini09 said:
NAIT takes a lot of time for assessing the applications.After receiving your documents, they send your file to IQAS. IQAS do the verification of your certificates. They take 3-4 months. I applied for JAN and got my results in JUNE. So i think you can now understand why the admission process is delayed. After this assessment, NAIT does the selection process and decides in a month about your application. So the early you apply, the better.
Wow. Thats a bummer!

I applied for Jan intake only yesterday. Should I loose all hopes for going in January?