+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Office Questions

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
My fiancé is a Ugandan citizen who is currently living in the USA as a permanent resident. We are trying to decide if we should apply inland or outland so have a few questions as sounds likely that his outland application would be processed in Nairobi even though he is living in the States.

1) From reading through the Nairobi thread some people are getting processed quickly (6 or 7 months). Any idea what is different about the applications being process quickly vs the one taking 1-2+ years (which is what I had assumed was almost guaranteed)? Are processing times just speeding up, are these cases simpler (for example longer relationships, children together), are they from certain countries? Or is there no rhyme or reason and it's just the luck of the draw?

2) I had also assumed almost all cases in Nairobi would have to have an interview but appears this is waived for many. Since my fiancé is living and working in the USA it would be expensive and difficult to travel to Nairobi for an interview. Similar to the above question are there certain factors that make it more likely for an interview to be waived?

3) Given the range in processing times should we do an upfront medical? I don't want to spend the money if it will need to be redone but would hate to have that delay our approval if we were processed within the year. Do they ever extend medicals like they do in some other offices?

Thank you very much for any insight you can provide.