Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
I got my decision made today. My application was filed May 2014. in process october 16..passport request and rprf (which i actually paid in september) october 17..My ecas actually changed around midnight today. I sent my passport and Fedex return shipping label on October 23 2014. How long do they take to send it back after decision made?
Thanks in advance. This is a very enlightening forum

Faras Cade

Jul 14, 2013
zainy said:
Hi Faras Cade,

From what I have been gathering, the timeline of several applicants applying through the Nairobi office is bordering at around 6 months. While many have been delayed due to specific items, I am just wondering if your case had any red flags or you had to provide additional information which prolonged your timeline?

Thank you, and hoping everyone is having a smooth PR process!
Wifey gave birth to our son during the process. The baby was not part of the original application, had to add the baby on. Which prolonged the processing time.

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
I'm also in the process of sponsoring my husband from Nairobi. We have been asked to send in the passports with prepaid return courier. Anyone know how long it takes to process visa? Eagerly waiting for this to happen before Xmas. ;D

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
All,

Received an email from Nairobi that my passport is ready for collection!!!! :D
They requested for my passport on 23 Oct, i sent it on 10 Nov and received an email today!! That was fast!! Just hope my COPR is in the package.

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Many many congratulations Ali :D that's great news! You said you sent your passport in on nov 10th?? When did they recieve it?. Approx how many days did you wait for a response?? We sent ours in nov 5th. We waiting still....

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
Ashsher said:
Many many congratulations Ali :D that's great news! You said you sent your passport in on nov 10th?? When did they recieve it?. Approx how many days did you wait for a response?? We sent ours in nov 5th. We waiting still....
Hey Ashsher,
I am surprised too!! I hope everything is okay though :S
I sent it on Nov 10, they received it on Nov 13 I think, and yesterday received an email for a return coupon. My courier agency went but was told that after packaging the documents, they will call them to pick it up! So waiting for an update.

Asephil

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 March 2013
AOR Received.
13 March 2013
File Transfer...
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
9 February 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
Hello everyone,

It has been one year and week since i`ve landed in Canada. I was so excited to join my husband and thinking in a way i could really settle down in here for good but it is depressing in this country. With all the qualifications and education that i have, it has not got me anywhere at all. :'( I have applied even to volunteer on my field but for some reasons i am so unlucky for that then i decided to apply for something else because you cant be choosy in Canada. But still that didnt work at all. So to make it short, I have not got a job for the entire year, not even a call center job, not even a sales person at the mall or a simple receptionist :eek: i`ve registered with tons of recruitment agencies but they still cant give me a job, i tried networking, that also didnt work for me, i went for all these workshop bullshit that the government provide for new immigrants for their assistance me but still, it didn't make any difference on my part.

I believe sometimes, you might be blessed in a country you go to and really progress or you might just get doomed. ::) I guess i saw some signs before i came here..... they deny me a visa ....twice! for my own wedding in Canada so with all the preparation i`ve made with my husband it was all for nothing so we had to get married in Kenya.

With that been said, i`ve turned to General labour, doing factory jobs to survive but having a one year gap in my resume was not acceptable for me so i`ve enrolled online for a paralegal course from UK (because all of my education are UK base). I didnt want to enroll to any Canadian Institute as i am working with well educated Canadians who have BA`s & diplomas but they are unlucky to get jobs. Let me remind you that these Canadians are bilingual and still they cant get a job ! :eek: :eek:. This made me concerned and I decided to take this online course from UK so that i can return back to UAE. I was recognize with my UK education and i have two years and a half working in UAE so next year, in October i`ll get my certificate and go back to UAE in December not only with my paralegal certificate, am taking also Arabic language as well to improve my chances of getting a job.

So please, don't get scared with my awful experience, not everyone will be unlucky like i am but i just want you to know if you find yourself in this situation, you can actually do something so that you wont have a huge gap in your resume and if there is an option in there, you can always return to college but be aware, lots of colleges in here are worthless, especially private colleges are not that well acceptable by employers and its a hustle getting to a public college but you have to be careful with the course you take, it can improve your chances of getting a job in here or you could be relying on a survival jobs at the end. These college will offer you financial assistant from the government (called OSAP) but it depends with how much your husband or wife makes per year because you wont get all of the money for that reason. And when school is done, you might struggle getting a job as well but the government want you to pay their money back, so be aware of getting yourself in debts in there!

Working in a factory, its humiliating but what else can you do to survive in this country? I guess for you who are waiting for your visa, you`ll receive a paper with 5-8 pages if i`m not mistaken and there is one page just warns you that you`ll have to do survival jobs if you cant a job on your field.

Anyway I still have one more year left to keep my permanent residence for good and that's what keeps me hanging in here as i will have kids with my husband soon, i just don't want to screw this up. i still will be coming back to Canada but only for a visit and my husband will join me in the Middle East later on.

Good luck everyone, for me i`ll be busy with my courses and saving money for my big move to Dubai.
God bless. :)

r/
Asephil

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
hi guys i got my passport back today with visa and certificate of permanent residency. Exactly 5 months and 3 weeks for entire process. i wish you all luck. Landing november 30th

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
I have been working on putting my application together now for months and am finally sending it in on Monday. I was stressing my self over the average wait time for awhile now but after reading this it gives me hope that my husband and i will be together very soon. Thank you and will keep you all updated on my waiting times :D

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Welcome to the forum Meena :D just a word of advice check your documents, double check and triple check and when you feel you have it all check again!! I spent months on getting all the documents in order. Check your application to make sure each and every question is answered. Cross your T 'so and dot you I's. Put in your application and Good luck with that. we are waiting for our passport to be returned with the visa stamped on it. Will keep you all posted. Keep in touch

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
Thanks Ashsher!! Thanks for the advice I'm been driving my self crazy 2nd guessing everything but now I'm confident enough to send it my medical is done and clear police check the whole mother load hope its enough!!! How long did it take for them to ask for your passport? I hope everything turns out quickly for you. Where are you from? My husband is from Tanzania and I'm from southern Ontario.

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Greetings Meena! I'm in British Columbia! :D I put my application in July! We got passport request October 10th, are you doing inland or Outland?? We did Outland. They are processing quite fast. Don't 2nd guess yourself, be confident in what your sending. You will be fine :)will keep you posted when we hear anything from our side. We are in week 3, and all fingers and toes crossed.

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hello Ali22!

Could you please post your timeline. You got your passport back in 5 days. Please post for us. Thanks

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Chipolopolo

;D ;D ;D many many congrats to you!!! I'm sure your wife is thrilled with this news. Thank you for posting it all. It's gives us all some hope of being with our spouses just as soon too! Wednesday this week will be 3 weeks since they recieved passport, hoping to enlighten this form with more positive news and give the rest some positive hope.... It's almost Christmas it's the time for miracles and IM SOOOOO READY FOR MINE. Take care, keep in touch. Nov 30th is not far away. Where you going anyway??