+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
Hey all,
I'm back from Nairobi but did not visit the VO.
BTW - I submitted an application for the gcms notes on 19th last month.... any idea when my sponsor will receive it?

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
Ali122 said:
Hey all,
I'm back from Nairobi but did not visit the VO.
BTW - I submitted an application for the gcms notes on 19th last month.... any idea when my sponsor will receive it?

Hi Ali

Any news from the VO yet?

natboo

Sep 29, 2014
I have been asked for medical police certificate for the second time bc it was over a year what should i ecpect next and how long to wait? Tnx guys ;D ;D :-[ :)

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
Hi everyone,
happy for those of you who got Decision Made, those who are still waiting, hang on there, time will come soon.

this thread has been so helpful to me, i was able to go through the processing time without a headache!

i landed in canada already, and i'm slowly adjusting to the life here.

praying for you guys who are still waiting, soon it will come, just be patient.

if anyone's in southern ontario, just message me, maybe we can meet up.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
looking4ward said:
Hi fellas,

@ Ali

Great you applied for the GCMS notes. Let me know if its worthwhile? Did you get an acknowledgement of application recieved from the Nairobi Visa Office too? I also did an upfront
medical and mine is expiring end of december.

@ AWMF2014

I am being sponsored so I attached the eight PP size pics of myself only. The principal applicant does not need to do this unless mentioned on his form. We did not attach letters from family or friends but included plenty of photos and copies of email communication. Hope this helps.

@ Ed789

OMG thats excellent news! Congratulations! Yes the wait is over for you :D
I haven't got a PPR yet. After the file transfer email I havent heard from NVO. Did you get an acknowledgement from NBI when file was transferred? My ecas status has not started to say 'in progress' yet.
:( should I be worried?

@ Natboo
I Filed the medical and police certificate upfront. Are there other instructions with the email? Try emailing them back if not.
Hi Looking forward, I keep checking back and cheering you on... because once you are through, my friends' application is next. I believe it was received in Nairobi Sept ish.

I sponsored my hubby as well.. and am now trying to help anyone else be reunited with their love.

Wishing you peace and patience as you wait. There will be a time when you forget you were ever apart! It is a great way to start your marriage by saying, I am so glad you are here.

All the best,
~Alaina

looking4ward

Aug 15, 2014
Hi Alaina!

What a lovely message! Thank you for your positive words. Made my day. Still waiting. Hope all goes smoothly.

@Kokonatsu

Great news that youve landed. Yay ! The wait is behind you. I wish you a great life ahead.

@Natboo and Ali- how are things at your end ?

natboo

Sep 29, 2014
Tnx things r the same from my side submitted medical and police certificate two weeks a go now just waiting . Glad all is done to u.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone in this forum have experience with applying for the PR to the Nairobi while in Canada?

If so, did you have the submit your passport to the Canadian Embassy or did you just go to a CIC office?

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Re: Nairobi Applicants 2013??

Hey guys

After more than 10 months of waiting and requesting GCMS notes every months, I just saw that security and eligiblity started on the notes, nothing else and then my ecas changed on 16th October that my file started processing. and after a week a received the email below

Please note that your medicals expire on 14.11.2014. If you cannot travel before this date, kindly inform us so that we can reissue medicals.

The notice was so short and i was unable to travel before that date and i decided to push it back till Feb 15 since my employer requires 2 months of notice before I leave.

I requested from the Nairobi to provide a medical extension till Feb 15, but it seems they request for a new medical exam after i received a Medical Examination Form IMM1017 next morning

Does it mean if i do the medicals again next step will be Decision made and visa issuance? How long does it take to get the medical results to the embassy?

In my case there is no passport request as Somali passport is invalid for Canadian entry.

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
Hey All,

Received an email from VO on 22/10/14. They requested for my Medicals to be done again since the last one has expired and now my e-cas shows in process. FINALLY!!! Hope to receive a passport request ASAP.

@Camelboy, you received an email too right? guess now they are working on our application!

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
phinie11 said:
Hi Ali

Any news from the VO yet?
Hey Phinie,

Yes received my GCMS notes on 21/10/2015 and few days later NVO requested for my medicals to be done again!! Hoping for the best now!

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
Ali122 said:
Hey Phinie,

Yes received my GCMS notes on 21/10/2015 and few days later NVO requested for my medicals to be done again!! Hoping for the best now!
Hi Ali
That should be the last thing they ask you and hopefully after submitting your medical examination results they should request your passport. Now you can see they are working on your file.

Infact after my ecase charged to "in-process", it only took 4 days and they requested my passport. This is the last thing they will ask you Ali. Wish all the best

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
Re: Nairobi Applicants 2013??

Camelboy said:
Hey guys

After more than 10 months of waiting and requesting GCMS notes every months, I just saw that security and eligiblity started on the notes, nothing else and then my ecas changed on 16th October that my file started processing. and after a week a received the email below

Please note that your medicals expire on 14.11.2014. If you cannot travel before this date, kindly inform us so that we can reissue medicals.

The notice was so short and i was unable to travel before that date and i decided to push it back till Feb 15 since my employer requires 2 months of notice before I leave.

I requested from the Nairobi to provide a medical extension till Feb 15, but it seems they request for a new medical exam after i received a Medical Examination Form IMM1017 next morning

Does it mean if i do the medicals again next step will be Decision made and visa issuance? How long does it take to get the medical results to the embassy?

In my case there is no passport request as Somali passport is invalid for Canadian entry.
Relax Camelboy the medical results reaches the embassy the very day you are done with your examination which normally take two days. if all is well with you then you are good to go

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
phinie11 said:
Hi Ali
That should be the last thing they ask you and hopefully after submitting your medical examination results they should request your passport. Now you can see they are working on your file.

Infact after my ecase charged to "in-process", it only took 4 days and they requested my passport. This is the last thing they will ask you Ali. Wish all the best
Hey Phinie11,

I hope so :) Checked my courier and it got delivered yesterday!! I am applying for a UK visa which will take about 3 weeks. Dont know whether i should submit my passport or wait!!! Got any advise?

looking4ward

Aug 15, 2014
Hello peeps,

My online ecas status just turned to 'in process' Application submitted in April 2014.

Wondering how long they take to look at an application. Things moving on though. Woop!