natboo

Sep 29, 2014
Tnx Ali122
I am from Ethiopia to be clear how long will it take to process
Once they started processing the file?

looking4ward

Aug 15, 2014
@Ed789

Thanks for the buckup. Its heartening, really happy for you.

@Ali

I haven't rung the NBO for updates but I hear its a hit and miss when you are trying to get some info. About actually going there, you could try. I was thinking of requesting the GCMS notes to get a little more idea of which stage my application is at. The good news rolling in from the applicants on this forum got me sidetracked!
Sure ,I will keep you updated.

@Natboo

Welcome! Good Luck for your application.

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
looking4ward said:
@ Ed789

Thanks for the buckup. Its heartening, really happy for you.

@ Ali

I haven't rung the NBO for updates but I hear its a hit and miss when you are trying to get some info. About actually going there, you could try. I was thinking of requesting the GCMS notes to get a little more idea of which stage my application is at. The good news rolling in from the applicants on this forum got me sidetracked!
Sure ,I will keep you updated.

@ Natboo

Welcome! Good Luck for your application.
Lookingforward,

I had called them once when i applied for a visit visa (TRV) but they had told me that they cannot assist on phone calls and that i should email them. i Emailed them and after 3 weeks, they said my passport has been dispatched and my application was approved. I have e-mailed them now already but it says that it will take them 28 working days to reply (for PRV) and if my application is still under process, they will not reply at all. So i applied for the GCMS notes and now waiting to hear from them as it said it takes 30 calender days to get a response.

Natboo,

Basically once your e-cas on the sponsored section shows ''under process'', it will take 21 months from that date for the process. Mine changed to ''under process'' on January 2014. I had sent my application to them on October 2013 i suppose.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!
We are hoping to send in our application tomorrow. A couple of questions for all you experienced people:
-the application requires 8 photographs of you and your family. Does this apply to all family members applying, and does it also include your spouse/sponsor?
-did any of you include letters from family members or friends to prove that they have known of your relationship?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Hi guys,

Finally today I received my passport with visa attached inside along with COPR. That's Great :D

Wow I still can't realise it's all over now. Thanks God.. Thanks a lot guys

@ Phinie

Any update ? have u received ur passport/visa back?

@ Ali,

Maybe before receiving GCMS notes, your passport & visa will be delivered to you. ;)

@ looking forward,

Did you receive PPR ?

@ Natboo,

Welcome !
Like ali mentioned earlier, the processing time states 21 month when same being transferred to nairobi and it also depend on how well your file & paperwork have been organized, is it a straight forward file etc..whether there's any document missing]and of course it depends on the visa officer looking after your file as well.

Beside that these days, nairobi are processing file at a good pace. Mine took less than 3 months - from "in process (started processing your application on xxx) to "decision made" ( visa issuing).

I did complete medical examination & police certificate upfront and also pay for the RPRF well in advance which helps to reduce delay in processing your application. Anyway, Goodluck!

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @ed789,
I was referring to 8 passport pictures that are requested. Does my spouse have to submit passport photos as well? I have included well over 50 pictures detailing our relationship.

ed789

Sep 15, 2014
Awmf2014 said:
Hello @ ed789,
I was referring to 8 passport pictures that are requested. Does my spouse have to submit passport photos as well? I have included well over 50 pictures detailing our relationship.
lol :) I misunderstood your question then 8)

No, Your spouse is a canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Ali122

Sep 12, 2014
ed789 said:
Hi guys,

Finally today I received my passport with visa attached inside along with COPR. That's Great :D

@ Phinie

@ Ali,

Maybe before receiving GCMS notes, your passport & visa will be delivered to you. ;)

@ looking forward,

Did you receive PPR ?

@ Natboo,

Welcome !
Like ali mentioned earlier, the processing time states 21 month when same being transferred to nairobi and it also depend on how well your file & paperwork have been organized, is it a straight forward file etc..whether there's any document missing]and of course it depends on the visa officer looking after your file as well.

Beside that these days, nairobi are processing file at a good pace. Mine took less than 3 months - from "in process (started processing your application on xxx) to "decision made" ( visa issuing).

I did complete medical examination & police certificate upfront and also pay for the RPRF well in advance which helps to reduce delay in processing your application. Anyway, Goodluck!
Hey Ed,

Very happy for you mate :) Congrats to you!!!!
Hopefully!!! I'm hoping for the same thing... When I am in Nairobi, I just hope to receive an email from them. I will definately have to do my medical examination as i did it last year upfront and sent it to them... its been almost a year and i believe they will ask for it again!! Dont know about the police certificate!

looking4ward

Aug 15, 2014
Hi fellas,

@Ali

Great you applied for the GCMS notes. Let me know if its worthwhile? Did you get an acknowledgement of application recieved from the Nairobi Visa Office too? I also did an upfront
medical and mine is expiring end of december.

@AWMF2014

I am being sponsored so I attached the eight PP size pics of myself only. The principal applicant does not need to do this unless mentioned on his form. We did not attach letters from family or friends but included plenty of photos and copies of email communication. Hope this helps.

@Ed789

OMG thats excellent news! Congratulations! Yes the wait is over for you :D
I haven't got a PPR yet. After the file transfer email I havent heard from NVO. Did you get an acknowledgement from NBI when file was transferred? My ecas status has not started to say 'in progress' yet.
:( should I be worried?

@ Natboo
I Filed the medical and police certificate upfront. Are there other instructions with the email? Try emailing them back if not.

raxstar

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Nomination.....
31-10-2013
AOR Received.
22-03-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted online (MPNP Application Tool)
File Transfer...
April 2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014
Med's Done....
19-08-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2014
LANDED..........
Mid October 2014
Ali122 said:
Rx,

Really happy for you man!!! I'm glad your wait is finally over!!! Some of us are still waiting!!! Im pretty sure ours will be our by end of this year!!!
Is there a certain validity to enter the country as soon as you get your passport?
Hello..yups normally its written on your visa. In most cases, its valid for 1 year from the date your medical was requested.

Rx

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
ed789 said:
Hi guys,

@ Phinie

@ Ali,

@ looking forward,

Did you receive PPR ?

@ Natboo,

Welcome !

Hi Ed

Congratulations that you have received them imagine the wait is over. Yap i received my passport back and COPR now getting myself to move next month.

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
Ali122 said:
Lookingforward,

I had called them once when i applied for a visit visa (TRV) but they had told me that they cannot assist on phone calls and that i should email them. i Emailed them and after 3 weeks, they said my passport has been dispatched and my application was approved. I have e-mailed them now already but it says that it will take them 28 working days to reply (for PRV) and if my application is still under process, they will not reply at all. So i applied for the GCMS notes and now waiting to hear from them as it said it takes 30 calender days to get a response.

Natboo,

Basically once your e-cas on the sponsored section shows ''under process'', it will take 21 months from that date for the process. Mine changed to ''under process'' on January 2014. I had sent my application to them on October 2013 i suppose.
Hi Ali

To me seems you have received your passport back and that you application was approved. Start celebrating!!!!

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ed789 how long did you application take from start to finish?

I just sent my application out to Mississauga today. I have a question about the PR visa. I already live in Canada as a visitor with my husband. Will they wave the PR visa for me, since I don't need a visa to come into Canada?