+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
LOOOOL Samstar you are too funny!!! But why would they tell you this now instead of telling you before so you could've prepared yourself better these people are ridiculous

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
They are just doing their job, and I fully understand and respect that. But as a husband I have to do my job and keep annoying them about my wife's application. I'm gonna keep annoying them till they, finish the papers, waive the interview, or throw the application it in the garbage. This is their latest email to me

Please note that no area trips to Djibouti have been scheduled in the near future. Area trips may be scheduled to Djibouti after June 2013.

In view of your interest in this matter, I regret that my response cannot be more favourable.

Regards

So I don't care too much, what can they really do now that's gonna make me stop emailing and calling them. I will keep you update on my journey to become a thorn in their side. Insha'Allah this ends good.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Samstar for sharing your details.

I personally think annoying them, emailing and calling them a 50 times a day will not speed up things. They may even get more suspicious that you are trying to hide something from them which they want to check it during the interview. There is always a reason why there is an interview, this is not a random selection. It is most likely if they decided to take an interview they will not waive it.
I would advise, do as what they suggested you to do and schedule an interview at Nairobi, bring your wife there and that is it.
otherwise ,I am afraid you have to wait till June 2013.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dear Samstar

Can you confirm with them if you bring your wife they will take the interview immediately?
There are several flights daily from Djibouti and your wife does not need to apply a Kenyan VISA in advance, Djiboutians and Ethiopians are exempted from Visa requirements, it is a 3.5 hour flight so she will stay there for a couple of days and be back.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
How are you doing camelboy,
My wife won't go to kenya by herself and I just got back to working 1 month and half ago. I don't have time to go to kenya. I was in Africa from September -Christmas day visiting my wife and went to Egypt and not once did they let me know I can come to kenya for an interview. At this point I'm gonna annoy them cause everyone else wants to take the patient road. All respect to you guys but I can't. Also I hope they become suspicious so they can actually look at my application again more closely. I tell them straight up, waive the interview because that's what I really want them to do. And they told me that interviews will be after June 2013 for Djibouti. So, it can be June 1st or December 1st or in 2014 for all I know.

What I am doing may not speed things up, but atleast I can vent my frustrations out on someone loool

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I am good Samstar

I now understand your situation, I can imagine how hard it is , yeah I see , you don't have any other option but to keep asking them to waive interview, pray from Allah to make thing easier for you, Amen.
Once again thanks for sharing your experience with Nairobi office.

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
Well atleast Nairobi VO replies to your emails.... i don't get any replies from them what's the number you used to call them???

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
011254203663000. That's the immigration number
You won't talk to a visa officer, they will basically repeat what they told you over email. I don't know what will happen when you annoy them but I basically don't really care. Good luck. P.s. don't mention my name I'm known to them on a first name basis by now loooool

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Hey serious question, can someone whos been rquested for their passport from visa officer in nairobi give me the addres of where you were told to send it. I want to send my wife's passport, no they haven't requested it from me but I would like to know the address so I can tell my wife send it off to them. I'm trying some things, so this would really help, thanks

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Kind of good news from Nairobi, after many calls answered and ignored and over 350 emails(most just resent numerous times a day) alhamdulilah they said they can waive the interview if my new documents show that we were in Africa for 3 months. and that they are found satisfactory.
So, I'm not going to let up with the emails but I will cut the phone calls soon( kinda expensive buying phone calls, plus I feel sad when they hang up:(. )
So, ima keep you guys updated on any new events. They sent this email to my MP after I kept annoying them ( my MP office) to send an email. They won't respond back to me because of my constant emails, and timely routined phone calls. Good luck on your guys:)
Good afternoon,

The applicant was requested to submit extra documents on 05-Mar-2013. The documents were received on email and attached to the file The file is on queue for review by an officer. If the documents are satisfactory, the interview will be waived. If not the client's file will be returned to the interview queue.

Because documents received are often unreliable and difficult to verify, Nairobi has a relatively low interview waiver rate. In addition, since the territory covered is comprised of 19 countries, interview trips are often infrequent.

Please note that current processing time is approximately 23 months. Applicants are advised on individual visa office processing standards on our website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp ,which is based on historical information of cases processed and already finalised.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dear Sanstar

This is really good news for you, i am so happy that you finally managed to get a feedback from them and showed that they are able to waive the interview. I never thought that they will consider to waive the interview.
So from my understanding is that they requested for interview because you didn't send with your applicaiton, the proof that you and your wife were toghether in africa for the 3 months? I thought that you already submitted such document?

p.s I am at your home city and Country, Djibouti , enjoying it :)

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
What's up camelboy,
I sent the application in June with all the documents they need and they said we were in an interview queue in September 5. So then I missed my wife so I went to go visit her from September24- December 25. I was in an interview queue before I went back to Africa to visit her. During my time with my wife I kept emailing them and asking if there was a way to speed the process up. When they said "no", I left it alone. So when I got fed up February and kept emailing and calling they eventually told me I could bring her to kenya for a quicker interview. That's when I got p***** off. I explained to them with over 109 email in 1 week that they lied to me when i was in africa, when they told me I had to wait for an interview. So then they told me send sufficient proof you and your wife where in Africa. I sent all documents and pictures and now they requested for her passport ( which I sent before they even requested it) and for another medical( I just emailed them refusing to do another x-ray due to the pregnancy) so inshallah they will extend her last medical ( I read a lot on this forum and there is a chance they can extend the medical) so I'm guessing interview is waived. Inshallah I really hope it is. N e ways I will keep you guys updated with new information.

Djibouti gets boring after while though ( city is too small)

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Hi Samstar,

Congratulation for your passport request from Nairobi.

I have a question did Nairobi asked for your wife to provide another Police clearance certificate.

I got a passport request letter and another request for police clearance from all countries that my spouse has lived since 18 while we submitted already with the original application.

Also, did anybody deal with dhl on prepaid envelope to return the document(s) after ppr because they said I need to notify them after Nairobi is ready to return the document and they can not sell me prepaid return airway bill.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
how you doing waitin_vain,

nope, they didn't ask me for another police clearance. My wife has only lived in 1 country, so that part was easy. All they want is a medical and passport. Insha'Allah I research more on this medical, and they can extend your medical validity for 15 months if that's the only thing that's holding up the process. My wife sent her passport on Sunday to Nairobi, it just sucks because I don't know if they prepaid for it to return. So, now I gotta annoy visa office and keep asking if they received my passport with a return prepaid envelope. I have never dealt with DHL.
(back to writing emails and thinking of ways for the telephone operator not to hang up on me when she hears my voice lool)

Hope all of you guys success.

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Hi Samstar,

My spouse just lived in one country her whole life so that I think may be they think if she has lived in another country she need to send her police clearance from that country that's what I can tell.

So, I will send them the passport without the police certificate again because it is from the same country she was born.

Also, I have the same problem with return prepaid envelope Dhl said that they can not do that I need to notify them then they will pick it up from the embassy.

Yours,
waitin_vain