+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dear Samstar

I can imagine how hard it is for a couple to be separate in two continent, with the addition that your wife is pregnant.
My advise for your is, Hope for the best plan for the worest, keep your expectation low, otherwise you will get easily depressed and frustrated and that will effect your health in the long run, there is a possibility that your application may take the standard processing time of 29 months, it could be even longer if there are some issues with your application. a friend of mine was waiting for almost 3 years, he had a problem with his case and he is still waiting
Even the case that your wife is in interview queue may bring additional delay on the total times.

I hope that everything gets well for you the soonest.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Thanks for all your advice and support, I know it's gonna take awhile, but seriously waiting 29 months isn't working for me. I know I can't change anything but I can try. I'm gonna annoy them, and stop email for he next 2 months. If nothing comes up within those 2 months, I'm gonna go back to 20+ emails a week. I paid money for the processing of the application and the medicals and police certificate. I'm going to phone them, I'ma see the vibe I get. And ima apply for another visitor visa. I have to try it. Thanks, I wil let you guys know how it ends up. Peace and good luck on ur application.
I want to know something though, when your placed in an interview queue, are the interviews sorted out like, is there a file of spouses, dependents, parents, cousins, or are they all clumped up together and you just have to wait your turn, no matter what type of family member your sponsoring?

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Hi Samstar,

Regarding GCMS notes were formely known as CAIPS, I think you should order them. It will take a month for them to email you the notes. Here is a link, (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp)

I would share my case my spouse is waiting now 17 months and her application just went in process few days ago . My spouse file reached Nairobi on September 2011 and still waiting, but what we can do is just wait for our files to come for review by IO. I got a general response that my file is on queue for review for almost a year and finally the file was on process starting Monday this week.

Hoping you will be able to fill the forms on the link and pay the $5 fee for processing and get consent from your wife then you can order the notes which will shed more lights on what is happening with your wife's application.

For the last 17 months I have learnt one thing, dealing with CIC-Nairobi needs a lot of patience and being strong.

YOurs,

waitin_vain

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
I understand everything you guys are saying, and I can see that patience is key for sponsoring a spouse. You guys are waiting it out and letting the visa office do what he or she has to do to get the process done. I could wait, but I see how long it takes people who wait when it comes to interview dates. So I want to try the aggressive, annoying way and see where that takes me, I might even go down to kenya myself and sit at the office till someone comes. It's not our fault canada made Nairobi handle cases of sponsorship for so many countries. They probably are understaffed and have a hard time getting to our application, but someone is reading my emails and someone's gonna answer my call, and I won't stop till they speed this up or worst case throw it out ( highly unlikely they will do that because I am not breaking any law by calling or emailing them. Let them get frustrated, maybe that will get them to look at my time one more time. Emails have stopped but phone calls are starting. We are all frustrated with this and tired, I just want to try something new, and let others understand and learn from my experiences, by trying this new route.
Someone's gotta try it
I will let you guys know how it goes and any new information I learn about how visa offices work in processing applications.
Peace

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
it is a fine line between squeeky wheel and annoying applicant.

others have tried similar approaches before: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-embassy-nairobi-direct-contact-coordinates-for-top-boss-t42495.0.html;msg1987190#msg1987190

i suggest always trying to be respectful. Good luck :)

MALAG

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2008
AOR Received.
February 2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
February 1, 2012, E-cas: In process
Med's Request
August 2012, first medical September 2012
Med's Done....
Additional Med Tests: December 2012, Medical received Jan 18, 2013
Interview........
December 6, 2011
Passport Req..
September 2012, e-cas changed to DM Feb 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2, 2013 & Passport received Feb 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Probably March 19, 2013
Samstar said:
I understand everything you guys are saying, and I can see that patience is key for sponsoring a spouse. You guys are waiting it out and letting the visa office do what he or she has to do to get the process done. I could wait, but I see how long it takes people who wait when it comes to interview dates. So I want to try the aggressive, annoying way and see where that takes me, I might even go down to kenya myself and sit at the office till someone comes. It's not our fault canada made Nairobi handle cases of sponsorship for so many countries. They probably are understaffed and have a hard time getting to our application, but someone is reading my emails and someone's gonna answer my call, and I won't stop till they speed this up or worst case throw it out ( highly unlikely they will do that because I am not breaking any law by calling or emailing them. Let them get frustrated, maybe that will get them to look at my time one more time. Emails have stopped but phone calls are starting. We are all frustrated with this and tired, I just want to try something new, and let others understand and learn from my experiences, by trying this new route.
Someone's gotta try it
I will let you guys know how it goes and any new information I learn about how visa offices work in processing applications.
Peace
Dear Samstar
I'm new to this thread as I'm not from this category, however I'm waiting for my visa from Nairobi. I'm in the QSW category. I've been waiting for landing to Canada since 2008 and up to now, nothing....Interview, fees, Medical are all done and we paid a lot in order to get the permanent visa, but I'm still waiting...it's about a week now that they said that a decision is taken about my request and they will send back my passport with the visa, ....NOTHING.
I understand your frustration.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Going to visit my grandma and my favourite place in Kenya, NAKURU!!!!!!! I hope some of us if not all of us will have good news by next week.

All the best guys. Keeping fingers crossed!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Darrppy78 said:
Going to visit my grandma and my favourite place in Kenya, NAKURU!!!!!!! I hope some of us if not all of us will have good news by next week.

All the best guys. Keeping fingers crossed!
Whaaaaaat?-nimetoka Naks pia!lol-where in Naks are you going?manze I miss that place,born and raised there!!-It's my favorite place to be pia!!!-maybe tunajuana!haha-Anyway,peleka salamu

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Mrembo said:
Whaaaaaat?-nimetoka Naks pia!lol-where in Naks are you going?manze I miss that place,born and raised there!!-It's my favorite place to be pia!!!-maybe tunajuana!haha-Anyway,peleka salamu
Kindly allow me to hit your inbox. Seems like we may just have stuff to talk about. Wacha nitakuemail in a few hours. Naks is better than ever!!! Already missing the place :(

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Anybody with good news yet? If we are not getting any we may as well be happy for others. I am tempted to email them again but resisting for now. Trying to channel my energy elsewhere.

MALAG

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2008
AOR Received.
February 2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
December 6, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Probably March 19, 2013
Dear friends in this thread ,

sorry as I didn't go to this website for many days, as I prepare my departure, I would like to share with you that I received my passport since February 26, 2013. And I'm planning to land in two weeks.
Hope to see everyone in Canada.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Congrats Malag

Hope the others may get their passport soon as well.
Are you landing at Montreal?
Also the passport did they send it via DHL or you collect them in person?

MALAG

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2008
AOR Received.
February 2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
December 6, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Probably March 19, 2013
Camelboy said:
Congrats Malag

Hope the others may get their passport soon as well.
Are you landing at Montreal?
Also the passport did they send it via DHL or you collect them in person?
Hello Camelboy
thanks, I'll be landing in Montreal
They send the PP thru DHL. All the bests for you guys

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
That is really good news for me, i am based in Somalia and i can only receive through DHL.
1) did they send you an email in advance that your passport and COPR was send through DHL
2) did you pay for the DHL shipping fees, was it all arranged by their side , or you were involved??

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Hey guys, hope everything is good with you guys.

So I called Nairobi kenya, got hanged up on 3 times (that's not the bad part). After asking them what is going on with my wife's application and when an interview will be set for Djibouti. Guess what they said "there currently isn't any date set for when interviews for that country will happen" I lost it and raise my voice, but they added to my frustration when they told me there is a way around the long wait times "bring her to kenya for the interview and we can do it here for her" well that s when I just started ranting. All this time I thought it was in order. Nope it depends what country the spouse is from, so why even have interviews or tell applicants ur in and interview queue when your country isn't on the list of interviews. Literally screw it I'm send 50 emails a day same email message " waive her interview" and calling everyday same message "waive her interview". Wow I'm shocked " bring her to kenya she can get an interview faster" wow is all I gotta say to that. I'm gonna annoy them hard.