VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Camelboy said:
Dear Darrppy78

Thanks for your details.
I have see on another thread ,you mentioned that you
attended a study in Canada forum about two weeks ago and it was facilitated by CIC VO's Nairobi. They seemed to be insistent on submission of typed documents signed by the relevant person.

was that online or where?
That was here in Nairobi at the Serena Hotel. Universities from Canada were advertising themselves while the CIC Nairobi agents were talking to interested people about the benefits of studying in Canada and about how to make getting a student visa easy. It was very informative but I did not get to see representatives from the university that I wanted. It was also abit unnerving thinking that one of those people speaking could be the one dealing with our application. I tried to be on my best behaviour, just in case -lololololololol

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Samstar said:
Ur just jokin about that 2 year interview dates right, even for spouse?? I was emailing them everyday and got no response other than the usual " we are looking for an interview date". I'm gonna head to my MP. That is really messed up. "Wow" is all I can say
Hi Samstar,
Have you emailed them of late? My husband just got a reply (after three weeks) and it was very helpful. They told us that they are waiting for Mississauga to forward our receipt as well as waiting for my police certificate from some other country I had lived in for some time (frustrating coz this cert apparently takes forever).

Anyway, I just thought if they can send us that info then maybe if you ask them for details they can help put your mind at ease by giving a better update. Maybe you can ask them about expected timelines for an interview date. I wish you the very best!!!

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
I Haven't emailed them recently, I got my mp to inquire about my file. It was the secretary that sent them an email. They replied to her with the same replies they've been giving me " your interview is on queue. I sent them an email about timelines, but they still haven't replied to me. Definitely I will update my status on this site when it comes up. Hopefully yours is going good.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
I emailed NVO yesterday and they responded like in 4 hours. Obviously they sent me the same message but this time they added "good afternoon" and "I trust this suffices". All this time I thought they ignored my emails because I sent to many (10+ a month). But my ecas still hasn't updated and still waiting for the interview. Hope all of yours is going good

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Darrppy78 said:
Hi Camelboy,

I was (still am) very blessed to meet my husband online. We have been together 2.5 years now. We got married (church wedding) after two years of dating. For proof of our relationship we submitted photos (600- although this is on the very high end) of his different visits to Kenya, us, him meeting my family (we went for quite a few family outings), meeting my friends and of course our wedding, reception and honeymoon.

We also sent in every single aspect of our communication from the day we started emailing and chatting to the day he applied (with editing in between to remove the really private conversations)
My family from Canada was able to attend the wedding and we think that helped make it more real. Other than that we included hundreds of phone cards used by him to call me. And sms sent on a daily basis.

Above all we pray a lot (together and individually) and trust God to bring it to completion, after all, he helped us meet across the miles. He authored our love.

All the best to all of us!
Sasa,I enjoyed reading your love story and am sure the VO will too.I hope you get your pr soon so you can be with your hubby,Canada is a very beautiful place to live and am sure you'll like it!!-Baraka mob

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Mrembo said:
Sasa,I enjoyed reading your love story and am sure the VO will too.I hope you get your pr soon so you can be with your hubby,Canada is a very beautiful place to live and am sure you'll like it!!-Baraka mob
Hi Mrembo,

Thank you very much for your wishes. I hope the VO enjoys reading the story too but most importantly I hope they give me a visa (ASAP). However, with that said, we are waiting for some documents that seem to be taking forever and they haven't told us how long we can expect to wait. When they asked for my passport I was wildly excited. I almost started shopping immediately. However after three weeks I am back at that low point where I don't know what to think or expect. This whole process can drive anyone crazy. I talk to my husband everyday and video chat for hours on weekends and sometimes on weekdays and though it gives me a high for short while, afterwards I feel so much emptier. I sure hope good news come in soon and we can be together. I miss him terribly.

I am glad you are enjoying life in Canada. Do you mind if I ask which part of Canada you live in? God willing if all goes well I will be going to Edmonton, Alberta. My husband tries very hard to emphasize on how cold it is but I guess I won't be getting the concept properly until I experience it.

Baraka mob to you too.

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Darrppy78 said:
Hi Mrembo,

When they asked for my passport I was wildly excited. I almost started shopping immediately.
honey (Darrppy78), If wildly excited = shopping, we'll go broke unless you are sad?

Just kidding babe you are so fantastic about keeping our budgets in check (I'm the one more likely to step out of line on budget).

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Darrppy78 said:
Hi Mrembo,

Thank you very much for your wishes. I hope the VO enjoys reading the story too but most importantly I hope they give me a visa (ASAP). However, with that said, we are waiting for some documents that seem to be taking forever and they haven't told us how long we can expect to wait. When they asked for my passport I was wildly excited. I almost started shopping immediately. However after three weeks I am back at that low point where I don't know what to think or expect. This whole process can drive anyone crazy. I talk to my husband everyday and video chat for hours on weekends and sometimes on weekdays and though it gives me a high for short while, afterwards I feel so much emptier. I sure hope good news come in soon and we can be together. I miss him terribly.

I am glad you are enjoying life in Canada. Do you mind if I ask which part of Canada you live in? God willing if all goes well I will be going to Edmonton, Alberta. My husband tries very hard to emphasize on how cold it is but I guess I won't be getting the concept properly until I experience it.

Baraka mob to you too.

From your mouth to God's ears girl!!-His timing is the best usikufe moyo!-I've been in Canada for 11 years and going through spouse sponsorship within Canada now!-Am blessed to be with my hubby here,I can't imagine how hard it is for the ones separeted:(-I live in Manitoba,one of the coldest places in Canada but you do get used to the cold!Eventually!lol-My family and I visited Edmonton last year,it's a beautiful place,actually it reminded me of Kenya with it's scenic views,milima and all!-There is also a very big mall there so don't shop too much because am sure you'll be doing a whole lot of that here!!!.......My friend here sponsored his wife and just left for Kenya today kumchukua ndo amsaidie na watoi,they have twins!!-so hata wewe usijali,siku yako inakuja!

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
CanadaNow said:
honey (Darrppy78), If wildly excited = shopping, we'll go broke unless you are sad?

Just kidding babe you are so fantastic about keeping our budgets in check (I'm the one more likely to step out of line on budget).
Hon,
Excited = shopping, and sad = shopping. Those are good shopping coz you get to be spoiled in the process. Angry shopping is the kind you don't want!!!! That means you gotta keep me happy and smiling all the way (and lucky for me/us I KNOW YOU will). xoxo

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Mrembo said:
From your mouth to God's ears girl!!-His timing is the best usikufe moyo!-I've been in Canada for 11 years and going through spouse sponsorship within Canada now!-Am blessed to be with my hubby here,I can't imagine how hard it is for the ones separeted:(-I live in Manitoba,one of the coldest places in Canada but you do get used to the cold!Eventually!lol-My family and I visited Edmonton last year,it's a beautiful place,actually it reminded me of Kenya with it's scenic views,milima and all!-There is also a very big mall there so don't shop too much because am sure you'll be doing a whole lot of that here!!!.......My friend here sponsored his wife and just left for Kenya today kumchukua ndo amsaidie na watoi,they have twins!!-so hata wewe usijali,siku yako inakuja!
It is VERY VERY VERY hard being separated/ apart. That is the first thought that hits you when you wake up in the morning, the thought that sneaks up on you all day and the prayer that ends your every day. Just to be together again. It is tough. Ninajaribu jujiencourage na God's timing but honestly my faith is fluctuating all over the place. I am really hoping things zitawork soonest. Naskia nimefika mwisho sometimes. I agree about Edmonton being beautiful. My husband has given me and my family all sorts of mementos to help us get an idea what kind of a place I am going to. I have also heard about West Edmonton Mall and I look forward to visiting it. Nikiskia about mtu anaishia huwa nafeel impatience ingine mbaya. I wish your friend and his family a safe flight.

Is it easier applying inland? Well, if nothing else at least you are going through it together (physically as well as emotionally). All the best to you too.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Well they finally got sick of my emails,

Good morning,

Thank you for your emails. Please note that a response was sent to you on 19-Feb-2013. You will be contacted by our office in due course for the next step in the processing of your application. We respectfully request that you withhold from writing further emails until we contact you or for the next two months, whichever period is shortest. We will not be responding to future emails received within this time frame.

We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding.

I see it like this, if I went out of my way to follow the instructions on how to submit a complete applications and they put me on a list to wait months just for an interview, then I have the right to send all the emails I want to add more information or more specific information to make them see my application is genuine. I'm really not patient. They told me they will stop responding to emails, but they said nothing about phone calls. I know they have a lot applications to go through, but my wife is pregnant with our first child and I can't even emotionalll support her. Hopefully they call me soon or waive the interview( I know it's highly unlikely) but why not try. Peace guys till the next update.

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Hi Samstar,

I would recommend to order GCMS notes from Cic in Ottawa so that you can know why your file is on the interview queue. Also, you should wait for the time recommended by CIC-Nairobi on the emails, I would not recommend you calling.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Hey waiting_vain
First thanks for the advice, second wats gcms, is that the same at caips?
And thirdly I probably can't wait for their timings, 2 more months, just for their reply, naw I really can't. No updates on my ecas, and they just send me general responds all the time. I know they got a lot of work because its ridiculous how many countries they overlook for permanent residence , but I won't wait for them. They won't read my emails anymore, so someone's getting a call. Lot of us go through these steps they outline in their website step by step, to submit a complete application. It's frustrating, I bet everyone else went through it. I can't stop hounding them, till someone listens and looks at the application again reasonably. Some of the stuff we wrote, should grab some red flags, but someone faking a marriage would never write these things.
I can't wait for them while other visa office finish thiers faster than us.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hi Samstar,

I can't even begin to imagine what your are going through with your wife pregnant and the two of you not being together. I sincerely hope you can be together soon. All in all, congrats on the baby.

I would have to agree with waitin_vain, you REALLY don't want to piss off the people who stand between you and that PR. And if they have not been helpful this far, do you think more calls will help your case? My husband tried calling and they asked him to email. They are more reserved on the phone and they can just easily hung up on you. You don't want to give them more red flags than necessary. The waiting is extremely hard on all of us. Be strong for her. If you keep on thinking about it and talking about it you will be too frustrated. Maybe concentrate on thinking about what you will do when you are together. Do things that make you happy and avoid time alone to think.

I will say a prayer for you. I wish you all the very best!!!!!!!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Darrppy78 said:
It is VERY VERY VERY hard being separated/ apart. That is the first thought that hits you when you wake up in the morning, the thought that sneaks up on you all day and the prayer that ends your every day. Just to be together again. It is tough. Ninajaribu jujiencourage na God's timing but honestly my faith is fluctuating all over the place. I am really hoping things zitawork soonest. Naskia nimefika mwisho sometimes. I agree about Edmonton being beautiful. My husband has given me and my family all sorts of mementos to help us get an idea what kind of a place I am going to. I have also heard about West Edmonton Mall and I look forward to visiting it. Nikiskia about mtu anaishia huwa nafeel impatience ingine mbaya. I wish your friend and his family a safe flight.

Is it easier applying inland? Well, if nothing else at least you are going through it together (physically as well as emotionally). All the best to you too.
Mambo,Yes,it's easier because I have my family with me :)-I also reckon it depends on where you are applying from,Nairobi has the longest wait times even though I've met people who had their pr within three months of applying especially refugees in Kenya,Kenyans get the longer times not sure why,the fact that one of the guy's wife left him three months after getting here and had an abortion after falling pregnant makes you wonder if three months is enough time to issue a pr!-usiku mwema