Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hi Camelboy,

I was (still am) very blessed to meet my husband online. We have been together 2.5 years now. We got married (church wedding) after two years of dating. For proof of our relationship we submitted photos (600- although this is on the very high end) of his different visits to Kenya, us, him meeting my family (we went for quite a few family outings), meeting my friends and of course our wedding, reception and honeymoon.

We also sent in every single aspect of our communication from the day we started emailing and chatting to the day he applied (with editing in between to remove the really private conversations)
My family from Canada was able to attend the wedding and we think that helped make it more real. Other than that we included hundreds of phone cards used by him to call me. And sms sent on a daily basis.

Above all we pray a lot (together and individually) and trust God to bring it to completion, after all, he helped us meet across the miles. He authored our love.

All the best to all of us!

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Darrpy78 for sharing with us your story, with the Will of God, It seems that if everything is straight forward and application is complete with a strong proof of relationship, Nairobi can do much better than what they say on CIC website (31 months).

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
You are welcome.

Yes, Nairobi can be fast with everything properly in place. The problem comes in if you are called for an interview. I hear dates are as bad as two years away thus the 29months timeline. All the best.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Ur just jokin about that 2 year interview dates right, even for spouse?? I was emailing them everyday and got no response other than the usual " we are looking for an interview date". I'm gonna head to my MP. That is really messed up. "Wow" is all I can say

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hi Samstar,

Please note I have no evidence/ proof that that is how long it takes to get an interview date :-[ :-[ :-[. I just don't want you to get discouraged over something I am not sure of. That is what I have heard but I sure wish you get things sorted real fast :). Sorry if I worried you unnecessarily :eek:. All the best!!!

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Darrppy778

In which cases are applicants interviewed?
is it because you don't have enough proof for your relationship? or are they suspecting the proof you submitted looks fake and they want to see the originals?

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
Hey Darrppy78

Wow, we do have the same timeline... No, we did not check the post yet but he will tomorrow.
Congrats on ur ppr wishing you all the best as well

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Is there a way to find out who is handling my wife's permanent residence application, and a way to contact them

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
As far as i know there is no way, Visa officers are anonymous, you may see their initials on Caips notes. there could be 20 or more VO working there so it is difficult.

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
Hey, Darrppy78!!

Thanks for telling us to go to the post office... we went there yesterday and recieved a questionnaire we filled it & sent it back!!!
Hopefully we get ppr soon!!! Keeping fingers crossed

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Samstar said:
Is there a way to find out who is handling my wife's permanent residence application, and a way to contact them
I doubt they would allow us to know who is handling our file. They don't even sign the documents they send us using actual names (just something that looks like a small sign). But it is understandable because otherwise we would all be on their case. Plus you can never know how people will react to knowing someone denied them a visa they wanted so bad. Just hang in there and be strong (I need to tell myself that too every single day!!!). Calling or emailing always has them telling you to wait until the 29months are over - which sucks big time. I sincerely wish you the best and i hope you hear from them soon.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
princessa said:
Hey, Darrppy78!!

Thanks for telling us to go to the post office... we went there yesterday and recieved a questionnaire we filled it & sent it back!!!
Hopefully we get ppr soon!!! Keeping fingers crossed
Hi Princessa,

Happy for you!!! It is always great when we get any sign of the process happening behind the scenes. I hope you get the passport request soon. Have you paid the right of PR fee? We sincerely wish we paid at the beginning of the process then we would not be waiting this long. My husband has called Mississauga three times and they still haven't forwarded the receipt to Nairobi which is EXTREMELY frustrating. You would think they would make such a thing (online payment) automatic such that it immediately registers on a client's file (coz we use UCI) the moment payment is made but they have to be analog about it. They are telling us to give it 6weeks!!!!! We have done one and a half and I am already at my wits ends ::)and in the meantime I miss my hubby like crazy :'(. I hope we get good news soon. If your case is straight forward I would advise paying in advance (better to get a refund later) rather than have to wait soooooo much longer.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us!!! :) :) :)

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Camelboy said:
Thanks Darrppy778

In which cases are applicants interviewed?
is it because you don't have enough proof for your relationship? or are they suspecting the proof you submitted looks fake and they want to see the originals?
Hi Camelboy,

I don't know what leads to an applicant being interviewed. However, from what I have seen on the forum I would say presence of red flags. Things like a way too short relationship, person being sponsored sending money to the sponsor, false information, insufficient proof of relationship, criminal record etc (could be a wide range). I think it is also very important that you involve both your family and friends in your relationship. Their love and support is important and they can vouch for you. But most importantly don't lie, even if you feel you don't have enough be honest and hopefully it comes back to you well.

Then give them lots, lots, lots and then lots more proof of the relationship. That way it will be self explanatory.

We are still hoping I don't get called in for an interview. Unless I have the visa in my hand we can't assume we have been waived -but we continue to pray that it is the visa we will get, and very soon.

I wish you all the best. At least you will go in very well armed. If we had found the forum before we applied there were some things we would have done differently- better.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dear Darrppy78

Thanks for your details.
I have see on another thread ,you mentioned that you
attended a study in Canada forum about two weeks ago and it was facilitated by CIC VO's Nairobi. They seemed to be insistent on submission of typed documents signed by the relevant person.

was that online or where?