+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Dear Ms Malawi

I am not saying that there should be no communication , but too many is not good, and may create distraction. this is a general recommendation.

In many emails sent to other applicants the Visa officer said Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues . such as change of status,divorce , birth , ...etc

If the application is there for a while caips notes can be ordered to find more details.
Moreover if the Visa officer has some concern of relationship he will either call him for Interview or will request additional documents for proof. In this case he may present the doctors note or his tickets or boaring passes to his wife.

We need to understand that high volume of requests requires many hours of work on the part of the visa office to respond, and you should prefer to let them spend their time on processing your application rather than updating your application or asking update requests.

Nairobi is the slowest office almost close to 3 years , so our main goal must be how we can process our files the fastest.

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Re-do medical request March 12 completed march 24
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
I'm sponsoring my wife, so if I order my caips, do I have to get her signature on it. She is in Djibouti and I'm in Canada. Can I just order it by myself without her signature. I'm Ethiopian. How long does it take for them to make a decisio. On the application. i sent it june 14 and wont the medical expire after a year. Thanks for the help. P.s on my e-cas it says application received and medical received

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
yes her signature is required,
you fill the forms and send it to to her for her signature by email or scan and then she fax/scan it back

Fill these two forms
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Then you will have to fill this consent form and sign yourself

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Now according to latest IMM5563E form you can even pay fees online the $5

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?lob=6

After payment take 2 copies of print out of receipt. Keep one copy for yourself and attach other with application.

provide copy of your Canadian passport or PR card and copy of his recent bill or bank statement as a proof that you are currently living in Canada

scan everything and send everything by email to

atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Thanks for all the great info I will fill out the form scan and email it to her then get her sign it and she wi scan and email it that email. So how long does it take for them to come up with a decision about the application or when the interview is.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
this form takes 6-8 weeks to come up and they will send to your mail address.
then use this thread to decode the messages http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t2988.0.html

You may see on the caips notes whether interview is requires or scheduled or not and the reason why an interview is required, this will help you your wife to prepare for her interview very well.

Regarding the duration, did you sent you passport yet , the medical you sent it on june 14 is it a new one and the old one expired?

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
I sent everything on June 8 (sorry it was received on June 14) it had copy of her medical ( was fond on feb 22 2012), original police certificate, 8 pictures, copy of her passport, copy of her national identity card, wedding and honeymoon pictures, I added a copy of her school transcript, copy of receipt of money I sent her, Skype convos, msn convos, tango combo histories. Then I sent everything on June 8. Also added copy of my paystubs and Letter of employment from work ,my sponsorship and permant residence application for her. I paid the RPRF on jan 4. The Mississauga office received it on january 18 and told me they forwarded it to Nairobi. So yeah I've just been waiting. They told me that prelimanry reviews haven't been done that was in October 9th. This was the email

Good afternoon,

This application was received in our office on 14-Jun-2012. The file has not yet been preliminarily reviewed. When the file comes up for a review, if all information required for an assessment is not in the file, we will send a request for additional information. If the application is complete and it is decided that an interview is not required, we will send medical instructions. If an interview is required to make a determination, we will send a notification to that effect.
We will also advise on any other decision once the file has been reviewed.
You may also wish to note that this file is proceeding within the most recent processing times indicated in our website at(link) However, with unforeseen changes in our volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to definitely process an application within the times indicated.
Kindly send your address update once you are in Egypt.
We trust that this information suffices.
Regards,

Next email was this on November 13
Good afternoon,

This is in response to your email enquiry below.

Kindly note that the file is still on the interview queue. We will advise once the interview dates are determined. We are not in a position to give an indication as to when the interviews will be conducted.
A
Regards
That's been the same email I've been getting

Samstar

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11
AOR Received.
June 14
File Transfer...
Aug 17 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
February 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12
VISA ISSUED...
April 10 2013
LANDED..........
May 14 2013
Nice the visa office processibg times in nairobi went down it was at 31 months now it's at 29 months.

hudda

Apr 29, 2012
hi Camelboy,

sorry for late reply, my son is 20, I can not apply for citizenship that is why I started the process.

Thank you
Hudda

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
hudda said:
hi Camelboy,

sorry for late reply, my son is 20, I can not apply for citizenship that is why I started the process.

Thank you
Hudda
As far as i know citizenship via parents, does not depend on age you son was able to apply citizenship directly whether he is 20 or not.

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hi everyone,

Long time. Does anyone know whether the CIC office Nairobi returns passport via post mail or whether they call you for it? And if they call you to the embassy, do they see people all week or Thursdays only?

princessa

Feb 10, 2013
Hi everyone!!!

I'm new, but also would like to stay in touch with all of u guys...

I sent in my application June 27, 2012.
Approved on: Dec 5, 2012.
Transferred on: Dec 5, 2012.
On My e-cas it says that nairobi started proccesing on January 14, 2013.
Now Waiting...........

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Welcome princessa to the forum,
are you based in Nairobi? are you the sponsor or the applicant?

Darrppy78

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2012
AOR Received.
8-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-13
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hey princessa,

I notice you have same dates as my husband and I. He (my husband - his forum name is Canadanow) was approved as sponsor on 5th Dec 2012 and Nairobi also started processing our file 14th Jan 2013. I have been asked for my passport (via post mail) and we were also asked to pay my landing fee. I took my passport to the embassy and my husband paid the necessary fee. Now we are keeping our fingers crossed so tight it hurts. We hope for good news anytime now.

Has your partner checked the post for any further communication? Anyway, welcome to the thread. We (my husband and I) wish you a speedy process!

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
HI Darrppy78

Your timeline seems to be very close, and since they requested your passports you are close to an end, , can you give us some info about your application? any special thing you add with your application, how about the proof the proof you submitted? How did you met with your spouse?