+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Congrats Bono, 5 months is a record breaking , and i guess it all depends on the Visa Officer handling your case, the completness of your documents and the strength of your proof.

About Moll, Veleluc, Lineker and all the others who don' know about the status of their file or passport request i suggest to apply for GCMS notes it only costs $5, and you may find the notes written by the Visa Officer and why it is taking to long or what is holding your passport back, Sometimes, verifications from countries where you once lived might delay your application or your name matches with someone else's so this process might need verfications.

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Camelboy said:
Congrats Bono, 5 months is a record breaking , and i guess it all depends on the Visa Officer handling your case, the completness of your documents and the strength of your proof.

About Moll, Veleluc, Lineker and all the others who don' know about the status of their file or passport request i suggest to apply for GCMS notes it only costs $5, and you may find the notes written by the Visa Officer and why it is taking to long or what is holding your passport back, Sometimes, verifications from countries where you once lived might delay your application or your name matches with someone else's so this process might need verfications.
Thanks all for the wishes. I am really surprised how quickly it went considering I was initially expecting a 1-2 year wait. Looks like we had a strong file and had lots of pics and supporting documents. I did not attach a lot of correspondence between my wife and myself, just a few emails. I guess luck had alot to do with it as well.

Wishing all of you speedy success with your files.

kokonatsu

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
File Transfer...
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26th-08-2014
kokonatsu said:
hey Guys! we should wait patiently and i believe soon ,we will get to hear from the embassy,silence is killing me and everyday i check my email to see if i have message from the Nairobi.hope to hear from them before the month ends.
i heard from a friend who told me that most embassies in Kenya are scale back due to terrorism but im not sure about this,if it is true,then it could be the reasons why Nairobi is slow some how.
Wow! Bono1....Bono1! im so happy for you,congrats.finally you are done with the waiting.hope soon it will be me and other guys waiting.
Cheers!!!!!

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Camelboy said:

Hi Camelboy,
We already asked for a GCMS and about a month ago they replied to our request. They just sent us scanned copies of all our applications doc, pictures and other doc pertaining to our PR request. It was of no use as it gives no hint of whether they are working on our case or not.

Lineker

Jun 23, 2014
Congratulation Bono on the Good news...

they just updated my Status it is decision made. hopefully i will get my passport soon to know what type of decision it is since they do not mention anything about it.

i read that some people here took them about 4 weeks to get their passport back that's really weird.

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Lineker said:
Congratulation Bono on the Good news...

they just updated my Status it is decision made. hopefully i will get my passport soon to know what type of decision it is since they do not mention anything about it.

i read that some people here took them about 4 weeks to get their passport back that's really weird.
Congrats Lineker, if you did not have an interview, then that's goods news! most likely its an approval. yes they can hold the passport for a while.They held onto my wife's passport for about 5 weeks

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
moll said:
Well my husband will land in canada august 6!! So happy
Congratulation. there is nothing good than being together with your family! How i wish these guys understand this instead of keeping people waiting.

How long did they took to process your husband's application?

moll

Apr 26, 2014
His application was recieved October 15... started processing it may. About 10-11 months. Long seemed like forever

phinie11

Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
moll said:
His application was recieved October 15... started processing it may. About 10-11 months. Long seemed like forever

Yap Moll. I know waiting for 10 months is not easy and gladly they did it at the end. Do you have an idea why they took that long to process yet others took only 5 months?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Velaluc said:
Hi Camelboy,
We already asked for a GCMS and about a month ago they replied to our request. They just sent us scanned copies of all our applications doc, pictures and other doc pertaining to our PR request. It was of no use as it gives no hint of whether they are working on our case or not.
I think you didn't order the right thing. Check again and order it electronically . We just got one and it wasn't the document we set but the officers comments

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Hello Obronibini,

May be you are right. I will try to reorder another GCMS. Can you please give me the link where I can order one?
Thanks lot.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Velaluc said:
Hello Obronibini,

May be you are right. I will try to reorder another GCMS. Can you please give me the link where I can order one?
Thanks lot.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp Here is the link for the online request.
If the principal applicant is outside Canada they will need to fill this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp and send to someone within Canada. When you go through the online request form, the department is citizenship and immigration canada, the act is the access to information act, type of records is case files, and the type of information you would like is the *notes in electronic file*, not the physical file which is what I think you probably chose the last time.

Velaluc

Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Obronibini said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp Here is the link for the online request.
If the principal applicant is outside Canada they will need to fill this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp and send to someone within Canada. When you go through the online request form, the department is citizenship and immigration canada, the act is the access to information act, type of records is case files, and the type of information you would like is the *notes in electronic file*, not the physical file which is what I think you probably chose the last time.

Thanks for all these precisions Obronibini. It will surely help. It was my hubby who did it and i will see with him tonight whether he followed the steps your mentioned. Thanks again.God bless

bayaboo

May 9, 2014
bono1 said:
My wife received her passport back with VISA and COPR!.. Processes is complete. Just under 5 months from app to Visa issued!

Thanks all for your support. Couldn't have done it without this forum
That's awesome, congratulations! It's well under the average processing time :)