+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Applicants 2013???

westendgirl

May 4, 2013
Thank you for that - I have seen this website and have read all the different work permits (it's overwhelming). I suppose there is no real answer of whether I can work in Kenya until I have a job offer.

I guess what I am looking for is someone's opinons or better yet suggestions from someone who has gone this route before: live and work in Kenya for 1 year to qualify for PR to Canada based on commonlaw.

I just want to be sure I do things the right way to avoid any obstacles that I can avoid.

Unless you or someone else can offer any further insight I will just start contacting prospective employers to see if there is a job offer I can get and then I apply for work permit.

Thanks again CanadaNow for your assistance and advice - I truly appreciate it.

If anyone else has information on my situation please let me know!

Take Care!

migrateBoy

Nov 19, 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
IELTS Request
N/A (With Application)
File Transfer...
N/A (Unknown)
Med's Request
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2013
LANDED..........
26-11-2014
Hi,

Would anyone give me a guideline? My family and I took my medicals (IME) in March and April - last one in April 23rd. I see my e-cas is not yet updated with Medical Received or something like that. I am a Provincial Nominee, and have received request for a) paying RPRF, undetaking IME, and to submit my requests. I have already done all these.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the updates on e-case or better still when to expect back our Passports with VISA or otherwise ?

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I would suggest don't trust e-cas, it is most unreliable and would also suggest the timelines people might give you in this thread may be very different from you because this thread is under "family class sponsorship", rather than a Provincial Nominee program?? having said that, you can look to the left of my post for my wife's timeline.

anyone else thoughts??

best wishes!!

migrateBoy said:
Hi,

Would anyone give me a guideline? My family and I took my medicals (IME) in March and April - last one in April 23rd. I see my e-cas is not yet updated with Medical Received or something like that. I am a Provincial Nominee, and have received request for a) paying RPRF, undetaking IME, and to submit my requests. I have already done all these.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the updates on e-case or better still when to expect back our Passports with VISA or otherwise ?

hopehope1

May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
none yet
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2013
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
hope no interview!
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Hopefuly soon
Hi everyone,
Is anyone knows the approximately time Nairobi Office takes to contact applicant from the time the medical results have been received?
One month now, no any update on my file! Says application received..... medical results have been received. Actually med results sent before application. Thanks
Hope

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
as many people have said before, I would not rely on e-cas.

in relation to your medical, they likely won't contact you just because they received your medical. IF they have completed reviewing your application AND IF the medical was the last piece of your application they were waiting for, I would expect you to hear from them within a couple of months. However, if they had not completed their review and/or the medical was not the last piece they needed you could be waiting for any length of time.

Best wishes

hopehope1 said:
Hi everyone,
Is anyone knows the approximately time Nairobi Office takes to contact applicant from the time the medical results have been received?
One month now, no any update on my file! Says application received..... medical results have been received. Actually med results sent before application. Thanks
Hope

Asephil

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 March 2013
AOR Received.
13 March 2013
File Transfer...
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
9 February 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 September 2013
LANDED..........
8 November 2013
hopehope1 said:
Hi everyone,
Hope
Hi Hope,

Its the same thing for me as well, since April 22, they have updated that they have received my medical as well and no news from them so i guess the waiting game is still on. :( I hope at the end of next month, there will be some news from them so i`ll be patient and distracted for a while with me & my hubby`s vacation which am looking forward to it but it sucks to think he`ll be leaving after his vacation. :'( God give us strength on this painful process and i wish no one to go through this at all but what else can we do? :'( :'( :( :(Only praying and hope for the best in the end.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping everyone is doing fine and that your processes are running smoothly. :)

I had a bit of a problem with mine after I was approved as a sponsor. It was initially supposed to be sent to Cairo Visa Office, but because of a mistake on our behalf they sent it to Nairobi. My husband and I have been trying to reach the Nairobi Visa office for over 2 months to let them know to transfer our files to Cairo.. and if that isn't done soon, I am scared they might open up the files and that It will be more difficult to change it then.

So, I will be meeting up with our local MP in Toronto, but does anyone know where to reach the Nairobi Visa Office?

And how has everything gone up until now?

Thanks

Kuudir2

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hello

The info on the thread linked below is quite old but try it and if you don't have any luck, let me know and I will dig the info up somewhere....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-embassy-nairobi-direct-contact-coordinates-for-top-boss-t42495.0.html;msg1987190#msg1987190

cheers

Kuudir2 said:
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping everyone is doing fine and that your processes are running smoothly. :)

I had a bit of a problem with mine after I was approved as a sponsor. It was initially supposed to be sent to Cairo Visa Office, but because of a mistake on our behalf they sent it to Nairobi. My husband and I have been trying to reach the Nairobi Visa office for over 2 months to let them know to transfer our files to Cairo.. and if that isn't done soon, I am scared they might open up the files and that It will be more difficult to change it then.

So, I will be meeting up with our local MP in Toronto, but does anyone know where to reach the Nairobi Visa Office?

And how has everything gone up until now?

Thanks

Kuudir2

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
CanadaNow said:
Hello

The info on the thread linked below is quite old but try it and if you don't have any luck, let me know and I will dig the info up somewhere....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-embassy-nairobi-direct-contact-coordinates-for-top-boss-t42495.0.html;msg1987190#msg1987190

cheers
Hi CanadaNow,

Thank you so much for this. I will try it out asap and hope it is the same number.

I will also be meeting with our local MP this week, and maybe he can also help out.

And how is your process moving along? When did you send in your files?

Kuudir2

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Our timeline is on the left of all my posts. roughly started in November 2012 and she was in my arms on May 7, 2013.

I think the name on that post is wrong but the contact info should be good (replies to emails take weeks if you are lucky and half the time, it seems, they don't read the emails carefully). for phoning them, two suggestions...
- be persistent & polite, but not a pest
- remember the first person you speak to at any of their numbers is not a manager or Visa Officer. You need to tell you situation in such a way that the phone answerer feels they need to pass you on to a manager or V.O. in order to properly respond to your situation.

Best wishes!

Kuudir2 said:
Hi CanadaNow,

Thank you so much for this. I will try it out asap and hope it is the same number.

I will also be meeting with our local MP this week, and maybe he can also help out.

And how is your process moving along? When did you send in your files?

Kuudir2

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
CanadaNow said:
Our timeline is on the left of all my posts. roughly started in November 2012 and she was in my arms on May 7, 2013.

I think the name on that post is wrong but the contact info should be good (replies to emails take weeks if you are lucky and half the time, it seems, they don't read the emails carefully). for phoning them, two suggestions...
- be persistent & polite, but not a pest
- remember the first person you speak to at any of their numbers is not a manager or Visa Officer. You need to tell you situation in such a way that the phone answerer feels they need to pass you on to a manager or V.O. in order to properly respond to your situation.

Best wishes!
Thank you so much for your help CanadaNow!

I just received back an email from the Nairobi Visa Office, and it turns out that everything is right on track!

My files have successfully been transferred to the Cairo Visa Office almost a month ago! I am now emailing the Cairo Office to make sure that they have received it.

And your process went by very fast! Amazing! It gives me hope when I see situations like those. Wish me luck CanadaNow, I think my real wait begins now!

Kuudir2

KGLCanuck

Jun 10, 2013
Hello,
I am new to the forum and I would like to hear about your experiences with the Nairobi visa office. I am a Canadian residing in Rwanda and recently sent my application on 17 April 2013 and I was qualified as a sponsor on 15 May 2013 and the file was transferred to Nairobi. I would like to ask the forum members if working and living in outside Canada (with the intention of relocating back to Canada) makes a difference in the sponsorship processing time as opposed to sponsoring a spouse while you are in Canada.
Thanks!!
KGLCanuck

VancouverMombasa

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2013
File Transfer...
June 10, 2013
Med's Done....
September 21, 2012
Passport Req..
July 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2013
LANDED..........
September 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

It's really encouraging to hear everyone's stories. My husband (Kenyan) and I (Canadian) are waiting for Nairobi to receive his application right now...

Here is our timeline so far:
Received by CIC: May 16, 2013
Approved as Sponsor: June 10, 2013

Looking forward to hearing everyone's updates!

Amanda10

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi-Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13,2012
Doc's Request.
April 15, 2013
AOR Received.
November 20,2012
File Transfer...
November 20,2012
Med's Request
Novermber 1,2012
Med's Done....
November 6,2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Passport submitted with the Application
VISA ISSUED...
13 September 2013
LANDED..........
2 october 2013
Welcome VancouverMombassa.

VancouverMombasa

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2013
File Transfer...
June 10, 2013
Med's Done....
September 21, 2012
Passport Req..
July 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2013
LANDED..........
September 17, 2013
Thanks! Just wondering, how do I update my timeline info on the left?