+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

PR_Profile_01

Mar 16, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I received ITA and in the process of getting documents for e-APR. I have a question regarding 1 previous employer's work experience letter/Employment reference letter for which I have claimed my points for.

- I had worked in this company in the US between 2015-2016. I have a employment reference letter as per CIC/IRCC guidelines and is dated in July 2019.
- Currently the person who gave this reference letter, is no longer in that company. He had mentioned his email-ID instead of company's email-ID.

It's been very tough to get a new reference letter from them. Any suggestions as to how to proceed with this? Thank you.

prashbha

Dec 23, 2019
Hello All,

I have received an ITA for CEC and have a question on the work reference letter. I had declared all my work experience of 14 yrs under work history in express entry profile. Now, I have run into an issue where I am not getting a work reference letter from one of the companies that I worked previously. However, I have all the letters required for 8years of experience that I can declare. If I remove all the work experience leaving 8years and preview my score nothing changes. I have read in forums that one can declare some of the work experience in the personal history section and add only the required work experience for document submission in the Work History section.

Now that I have declared all the experience in the work history section in my express entry profile and have received an IAT for that, can I go with the above approach of splitting work experience in the Work history section and personal history section since I don't have work reference letters? Please advise Thank you

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
where does lead statement come in here

For those who are looking for a reference letter format, I have drafted one and used this for me as well. This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tewek it to meed your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Reactions: Ashsha

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
I have submitted my notarised work experience letter from my current manager for OINP in August. Now I have got ITA, so can I submit the same letter in ITA documents as it is 2+ months old? Or should I get the new one. However there is no change in my roles and responsibilities in these 2 months. Someone please answer

hh12

Oct 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

HR is not willing to supply job roles and responsibilities on reference letter. Can I get my manager to send this via company email and upload ID of the manager without getting the email notarised? Thanks

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I have received an ITA for CEC and have a question on the work reference letter. I had declared all my work experience of 14 yrs under work history in express entry profile. Now, I have run into an issue where I am not getting a work reference letter from one of the companies that I worked previously. However, I have all the letters required for 8years of experience that I can declare. If I remove all the work experience leaving 8years and preview my score nothing changes. I have read in forums that one can declare some of the work experience in the personal history section and add only the required work experience for document submission in the Work History section.

Now that I have declared all the experience in the work history section in my express entry profile and have received an IAT for that, can I go with the above approach of splitting work experience in the Work history section and personal history section since I don't have work reference letters? Please advise Thank you
I have the same question. Were you able to solve it? Can someone else help ?

Praveen.Kumar

Jan 4, 2021
Hello everyone,

I got ITA under CEC class and my deadline is Feb 4th. I've an issue with my ex-canadian employer. An agency recruited (Company A) me for Client X initially for 2 months later extended for 14 months, and current Client X is my direct employer. Company A did provide me an reference letter with duties mentioned on job description which was for 2 months. Now, Company A states that they can't change the job description and they can't verify the duties.

When I ask Client X (current employer) to provide an reference letter, they said that Client X recruited me through an Company B (an recruiting agency) who went for Company C and they don't have the flexibility to provide an contractor any letter. I hope I made sense.

Please advice on what steps or documents I need to arrange. Would the job duties for 2 months is sufficient?

Thank you in advance.

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a slightly different situation. I am the main applicant and I don't want to ask my current employer (HR or my manager) for a reference letter because it will cause major panic if they think I am leaving, even though I won't be leaving soon.

I'd prefer to write a LOE explaining the situation and provide supporting docs (payslips, contract, tax forms, bonus letters, appointment letter). I also have a confirmation of employment letter written by my current employer which I used when I applied for my visitors visa for Canada. I will then ask a senior colleague to write a letter explaining my duties and include the formal job description that HR uses when recruiting for my role.

I already have 3 reference letters in the correct format from my previous employers, I'm just concerned about asking my current employer for one.

Do you think this will be enough?

shoyeb666

Jan 9, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For those who are looking for a reference letter format, I have drafted one and used this for me as well. This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tewek it to meed your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Thanks a lot for the template.
However, I have a small question. Please answer me if possible. I have recently got NOI from Ontario for NOC 0124. I am currently working under NOC 0124 since May 2019. Before that, I only have experience in NOC 5121 which is not related to 0124. I hope I can manage all the required documents for all my experiences. Will this difference in NOC be a problem for getting a nomination? Please enlighten me.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks a lot for the template.
However, I have a small question. Please answer me if possible. I have recently got NOI from Ontario for NOC 0124. I am currently working under NOC 0124 since May 2019. Before that, I only have experience in NOC 5121 which is not related to 0124. I hope I can manage all the required documents for all my experiences. Will this difference in NOC be a problem for getting a nomination? Please enlighten me.
You should have minimum 1 year of work experience in the primary NOC which is 0124 in your case. You're fine, please proceed.

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Hi everyone,
I reached out to my former employer for the reference letter but they refused (big bank, strict HR policy) to list out my job duties in the letter. Is it ok if I use a copy of the job duties listed on the company website for the job and link the website on my LOE as well? Thank you so much for your help!

Secret90

Jun 13, 2021
I wonder about the same thing. I hope someone can help us.
Hi everyone,
I reached out to my former employer for the reference letter but they refused (big bank, strict HR policy) to list out my job duties in the letter. Is it ok if I use a copy of the job duties listed on the company website for the job and link the website on my LOE as well? Thank you so much for your help!

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
I wonder about the same thing. I hope someone can help us.
I ended up getting a coworker to write my letter. They signed it, and attached their business card. I also linked the job duties from the company website as part of my LOE as well.

Secret90

Jun 13, 2021
I work for the government as a teacher. Our duties are written by the law. If I print my duties in the govt website and notarized it, would it be a good idea?

I ended up getting a coworker to write my letter. They signed it, and attached their business card. I also linked the job duties from the company website as part of my LOE as well.