+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi friends. I have a small query regarding the reference letter

1. COMPANY A - I have all the necessary details in the given format mentioning the roles and responsibilities, date of joining and date of exit along with the salary paid and hours worked, designation worked in, full time or part time. It is signed by the project manager on letter head with company stamp.

1. COMPANY B - I had already taken a reference letter earlier(while i was working there) with all details mentioned same as COMPANY A, except that there is no date of exit from the company and it is mentioned like currently working there. Upon asking further they are denying to give the letter again as i'm not working there anymore. However i worked in the same designation and same salary until i left.

So can i submit the same reference letter for COMPANY B. For date of exit i can submit my experience certificate.

Thanks in advance
What’s the duration you worked in company A and company B?
And are these foreign work exp ?

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
What’s the duration you worked in company A and company B?
And are these foreign work exp ?
Yes both are foreign work ex only!

company A - From Sep 13th 2013 - Oct 30th 2015
company B - From Nov 2nd 2015 - Sep 18th 2018

Reference letter for company B was taken in April 2018.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes both are foreign work ex only!

company A - From Sep 13th 2013 - Oct 30th 2015
company B - From Nov 2nd 2015 - Sep 18th 2018

Reference letter for company B was taken in April 2018.
Can you ask your previous manager/or a colleague in company B to provide you a letter of reference with all the details and include the start and finish date ? This letter can be one simple piece of paper which you can get notarized.

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Can you ask your previous manager/or a colleague in company B to provide you a letter of reference with all the details and include the start and finish date ? This letter can be one simple piece of paper which you can get notarized.
I wish man ! See company B was the one who paid me salary, i worked completely at the client side. If at all anybody can give me reference letter, it should be from the client side itself.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I wish man ! See company B was the one who paid me salary, i worked completely at the client side. If at all anybody can give me reference letter, it should be from the client side itself.
Client reference will not help, because this should come through someone who supervised you or was in a position to know about your rapinsibtilies in company B

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
yes. But do you think it will be a problem? as il submit the experience letter in case of date of exit.
Yeah it will be a problem and the officer will end up asking you for a revised letter of reference... because your current letter is in April’18 where as you left the job in Sep’18.
I have another question, have you already received an invitation to apply or are you creating your EE profile ?
In this case if you don’t quote this job, just quote the company A what is the the total cessation points that you are having?

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Yeah it will be a problem and the officer will end up asking you for a revised letter of reference... because your current letter is in April’18 where as you left the job in Sep’18.
I have another question, have you already received an invitation to apply or are you creating your EE profile ?
In this case if you don’t quote this job, just quote the company A what is the the total cessation points that you are having?
I'm creating the profile man! My second company has nearly 3 years of work ex, where as my 1st company has only 2.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I'm creating the profile man! My second company has nearly 3 years of work ex, where as my 1st company has only 2.
The maximum points you get for foreign work experience is 3 years in the last 10 years.

- 1 or 2 years of foreign work experience:
- 13 (if IELTS is CLB 7 all modules, one or more under 9) or
- 25 (if IELTS is CLB 9 all modules)

- 3 years or more of foreign work experience:
- 25 (if IELTS is CLB 7 all modules, one or more under 9) or
- 50 (if IELTS is CLB 9 all modules)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

So please let me know what is your overall EE profile score with:
- 2 years of work experience
- 3 years of work experience

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi,

I have experience letter from all three of my employers. Letters mention everything except salary. Letters on company letterheads, signed by manager/hr. All 3 companies are major corporations that an immigration officer will be familiar with or if googled gives results.

My question is: should I submit pay slips as well? I have all payslips for current employer (3.5 years) but for previous 2 jobs, I did not save payslips.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I have experience letter from all three of my employers. Letters mention everything except salary. Letters on company letterheads, signed by manager/hr. All 3 companies are major corporations that an immigration officer will be familiar with or if googled gives results.

My question is: should I submit pay slips as well? I have all payslips for current employer (3.5 years) but for previous 2 jobs, I did not save payslips.
For your previous jobs, did you have any reliving letter or end of services benefit letter providing you a detailed break down (which should include base salary) of what payment you are entitled to receive at the end of your terms, maybe you can include that ?

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
The maximum points you get for foreign work experience is 3 years in the last 10 years.

- 1 or 2 years of foreign work experience:
- 13 (if IELTS is CLB 7 all modules, one or more under 9) or
- 25 (if IELTS is CLB 9 all modules)

- 3 years or more of foreign work experience:
- 25 (if IELTS is CLB 7 all modules, one or more under 9) or
- 50 (if IELTS is CLB 9 all modules)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

So please let me know what is your overall EE profile score with:
- 2 years of work experience
- 3 years of work experience
410 WITH 2 YEARS
435 WITH 3 YEARS

One more doubt, should the reference letter be signed only by the HR Manager or can it be signed by anyone from the HR Department?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
For your previous jobs, did you have any reliving letter or end of services benefit letter providing you a detailed break down (which should include base salary) of what payment you are entitled to receive at the end of your terms, maybe you can include that ?
I am in my current job for 3.5 years. I have all the pay stubs, tax returns etc. I think for foreign experience points are claimed for 3 years of work ex. Any work experience beyond 3 years is not adding any points. If I provide pay stubs for last 3.5 years with the work experience letter and just submit work experience letters for past 2 jobs (which are earlier than that), will that suffice?
I have tax returns for all the years that show total income from salary for each financial year. Will that work?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
I am in my current job for 3.5 years. I have all the pay stubs, tax returns etc. I think for foreign experience points are claimed for 3 years of work ex. Any work experience beyond 3 years is not adding any points. If I provide pay stubs for last 3.5 years with the work experience letter and just submit work experience letters for past 2 jobs (which are earlier than that), will that suffice?
I have tax returns for all the years that show total income from salary for each financial year. Will that work?
Three years of work experience will fetch you maximum CRS points. However, under FSW six selection factors (the one which decides your basic eligibility of your Express Entry profile), you get maximum points for 6 years (and above) work experience. Here is the link to FSW Six Selection Factors https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html. Ensure that showing or claiming points only for 3.5 years of work experience does not make your profile ineligible. In other words, with 3.5 years of work experience you should get at least 67 points out of 100 on the FSW grid.