+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi All,
Got my ITA last week to apply for PR.
Have one doubt
My first company name got changed from "XYZ INFOTEK PVT LTD" to "XYZ SOFTEK PVT LTD" , however in my reliving letter it's mentioned "XYZ INFOTEK PVT LTD"...Is it fine if I can mention the same as the company name in my pr application or do you guys suggest to mention the new name of the company.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Folks - I am waiting for my ITA at 441. My query is I have a total of 11 years experience under 2 NOCs. I have moved across 4 companies in total. Is it required to show all the experience in the EE profile and produce reference letter for all of them. Or shall I remove the other jobs from the EE Profile and only show experience to the extent of 3 years and produce reference letter for those. In that case, the gaps will be apparent - is it okay. Csn I show the remaining jobs in the LOE? Is this acceptable

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Hi All,
Got my ITA last week to apply for PR.
Have one doubt
My first company name got changed from "XYZ INFOTEK PVT LTD" to "XYZ SOFTEK PVT LTD" , however in my reliving letter it's mentioned "XYZ INFOTEK PVT LTD"...Is it fine if I can mention the same as the company name in my pr application or do you guys suggest to mention the new name of the company.
Do you have any official published broadcast regarding the name change?

Whatever be the case, write a letter of explanation and append to your application. If you found any official document that would substantiate your claim.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Folks - I am waiting for my ITA at 441. My query is I have a total of 11 years experience under 2 NOCs. I have moved across 4 companies in total. Is it required to show all the experience in the EE profile and produce reference letter for all of them. Or shall I remove the other jobs from the EE Profile and only show experience to the extent of 3 years and produce reference letter for those. In that case, the gaps will be apparent - is it okay. Csn I show the remaining jobs in the LOE? Is this acceptable
It is perfectly fine.

We claim maximum points for 3+ years. Hence any documents related to rest of the experience can be added to personal history section.
It is recommended to minimize the workload for the visa officer by all means possible. Less processing time.

Reactions: WoundedTiger

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
It is perfectly fine.

We claim maximum points for 3+ years. Hence any documents related to rest of the experience can be added to personal history section.
It is recommended to minimize the workload for the visa officer by all means possible. Less processing time.
You should keep the experience information in the work history that you are claiming points for both eligibility and crs. If you edit your work experience then make sure you do not fall below your 67 eligibility points where you can claim maximum 6 years of experience.

Reactions: premchandar.au

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
For those who are looking for a reference letter format, I have drafted one and used this for me as well. This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tewek it to meed your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
i'm a freelance photographer and take short projects. My clients of the past one year are ready to sign reference letter they just have one request that I give them a typed reference letter and they will just check the dates with the receipt and invoice they have and sign. They are reluctant to spend time to write it. So I wanted to ask I have around 20 clients and so can I write one format and just edit names of clients and dates and amount they paid me and give them to sign. I am a photographer so job duties remain the same for every project and my turn around period (time within which I shoot, edit, show clients images for proofing and the printing) is 15 days which is same in each project which I will mention and I have invoice which has date of delivery through which IRCC can confirm.
So do i have to write different reference letters for all 20 clients or can I just write same format and just change the name, date and amount for each client and get them signed?

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Guys, need advise,
how to make affidavit or notorized copy of reference letter. Just take the reference letter and ask the notary guy to seal and sign on it?

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Option 1 - if you have not got ITA and the work experience under question does not help you gain any points or does not contribute towards your CRS score, then you can remove it from your Express Entry profile. Post ITA you can mention this work experience under Personal History instead of Work History. For any information mentioned under Personal History you need not provide any proof(s).

Option 2 - If you have got ITA but want to remove the work experience, provided the work experience does not contribute any points, you can decline the ITA now and edit your Express Entry profile. This can be pursued only if you have enough to points so that you can get an ITA in any round of invitation (example have an LMIA job offer or PNP).

Option 3 - If the above options will not work or is not applicable then, you will have to get a notarised affidavit where you declare the information required by CIC supported by the documents mentioned by you. Also submit an LOE explaing your case, if possible try to give a colleague's details who is still working at the same organisation (he should be able to vouch for you). The underlying fact here is to submit whatever you have and can arrange so as to justify your case. It should be evident that you have taken proactive steps to submit whatever best you could and request the officer to consider your case on the basis of the information and documents submitted by you.
Is option 1 - a clear "yes"
For option 3 - is it required to be printed in a stamp paper or normal paper will do?

Human2018

Feb 19, 2018
HOW TO GET/REQUEST REFERENCE LETTER FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER?

Reference Letter from employer plays a very important role as the document to prove your work experience for migration purposes. Many people have raised the issue on this forum that they are unable to get reference letter(s) from their employer for migration. I would like to highlight some points in this regard which worked for me and might as well work for you guys. After all you can give it a try, and if it works for you, good for you. If you have explored better ways of addressing this issue, please mention it here, so that others can also learn and approach it in a manner which will help them

Requesting a reference letter is an art, it all depends on your rapport with your manager/supervisor. If I were you, I would follow the steps given below, after all you are not moving to a competitor, you are only trying for a better life, which is not wrong at all.

1. Win Confidence - If you can win your manager's confidence, then you can let him know this over a causal chat. The best way to approach is in the form of asking your manager's advise on you moving to another country. Even if you do not like the current job, never ever do the mistake of complaining and citing it as the reason for migration. Instead, try to relate it with your personal aspirations, ambitions and quality of life and what you want to do with your life. If you ask for advise, it is an indirect way of flattering the manager and it will also make him feel that you consider him as a mentor, but do not overdo it :). This approach will definitely work, because we humans by our very nature love to advise others :). Listen to his views on the same, do not get demotivated in case he does not see immigration as a good way to better one's life. In fact, it is his view, and you have anyway made up your mind to migrate. After all, you used this approach only to put this situation to him. If you are successful in this approach, then you have laid the foundation

2. Request Reference - Next ask him whether he would be willing to refer you in case you plan to migrate in future, never give him an indication that it is immediate, otherwise he will feel that you have made up your mind to move and the thoughts of replacing you would be running in his mind. You can give an indication about it and also assure your manager that you will be around for at least a year, so that you safeguard your job even if Canada does not go through as expected. If you put it this way, he will be more than happy and willing to refer you. But sometimes, even if he is willing to refer you, he may not have the right to issue a letter, so that is where the next step comes into picture.

3. Leverage Authority/Position - If you are successful in doing the above, you have crossed 50% of the hurdle. The next important step is to convince HR to issue a letter in the required format. This is a very crucial step, so leverage your manager's authority/position and request your manager to speak to HR on your behalf and convince them about your requirement and also let him assure HR that the whole process would take at least a year (keeping buffer in mind :) ) and you would stick around for the said time being. Yes, this is the difficult part of assuring them, but you need to make a commitment (at least verbally) to stick around - if you need the letter badly, this is the least that you can do. This works in most of the cases, as they know that you may leave sometime in future and if they have to find a replacement, they know when to start the process. If this step does not work, then, from step 2 move to the step below.

4. Letter from Manager - If HR refuses to give you a letter, then ask your manager to issue you a letter on white paper (it should cover all the requisite points), along with a copy of his visiting card and company ID card and get the letter notarized. Submit it along with a Letter of Explanation (LOE).

LOE should cover the following points.
- State the reason why you cannot get a reference letter from employer, if you have any evidence to support you statement, please mention it and also attach it along with the letter.
- In absence of the letter, mention what proactive steps you have taken to prove your work experience.
- Mention the list of documents which you are submitting, in the absence of the reference letter.
- Request the Case Officer to consider your case in light of your situation and also in terms of the proactive steps taken by you to submit best alternative documentary evidence.

All the best! :)
Has this work in any case, where letter of reference was not issued.

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Guys anyone belonging to NOC 1112 Financial analysts working in investment banking operations profile...Just wanted a clarification since the jobs and responsibilities mentioned in CIC website deooesnt exactly match with the duties that are actually carried out in such a profile...IS the CIC very strict that these responsibilities should match or is it fine and mention more clearly in the LOE?

marte1410

Feb 26, 2018
i have 2 questions 1.is it mandatory to write permanent job in the reference letter?
2. should we calculate gross or net annual salary?

estreya

Mar 23, 2018
Hello,

I have an experience letter issued by my ex -employer ( I am claiming points for it) on letter head with all the details needed by IRCC. However, the mentioned job duties are very generic as per their policy. They emailed me saying they can only put generic job duties. Hence, I asked my manager to email my exact job duties from his official company ID and a scan of his business card.

He can't get it notarized as he is busy to do it. Can I just take print out of his email which also has official designation and a scan of his business card? Can IRCC reject my application due to this?

I plan to submit the below docs. to IRCC. Do I need to submit anything else?
- Experience letter issued by my employer on letter head with generic job duties
- Email from my employer saying they can only put generic job duties as per policy
- Print out of the email sent by manager with exact job duties + scan of his business card
- Job offer letter, appointment letter, Last 3 months pay stubs, Promotion/Hike letters, Resignation letter
- LOE stating all this

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hello,

I have an experience letter issued by my ex -employer ( I am claiming points for it) on letter head with all the details needed by IRCC. However, the mentioned job duties are very generic as per their policy. They emailed me saying they can only put generic job duties. Hence, I asked my manager to email my exact job duties from his official company ID and a scan of his business card.

He can't get it notarized as he is busy to do it. Can I just take print out of his email which also has official designation and a scan of his business card? Can IRCC reject my application due to this?

I plan to submit the below docs. to IRCC. Do I need to submit anything else?
- Experience letter issued by my employer on letter head with generic job duties
- Email from my employer saying they can only put generic job duties as per policy
- Print out of the email sent by manager with exact job duties + scan of his business card
- Job offer letter, appointment letter, Last 3 months pay stubs, Promotion/Hike letters, Resignation letter
- LOE stating all this
These must be sufficient