+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

CAN119079

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Friends,

I have having 11 Years of Experience where with the current company is of 7 Years.
While providing reference letter, Do I only need to provide my current companies i.e. 7 Yeards exp reference letter OR
should I have to look for my old company (3 Year +) to provide reference letter for the work I have done?

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
get it if u can, otherwise take a third party reference for the first company : better to be on safer note always

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I have an issue. the reference letter doesn't state the working hours. apparently its against the company policy. what should I do? please help

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
How about ur offer letter ? Did they mention no of hours ? N do get a letter of explanation as " why they can't mention about no of hours

Minx

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Guys,
Quick question.

Im just going to submit my application next week and going through the documents. I followed the draft of reference letter listed out on page 1 of this thread. I just realised something.....my letters do NOT list benefits out. While 6 out of the 9 jobs I have had (in between freelancing I did contract work)
does not provide benefits, my other 3 permanent roles do.

As it was SUCH A PAINFUL process getting the references, can I just ask HR to write an additional letter with 1 paragraph stating....
"So and so was received / did not receive the benefits as per listed below"

My submission date is next WED!!!!

Any feedback will be much appreciated thanks.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a letter from my supervisor and colleague. can someone share a sample format for this please

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a letter from my supervisor and colleague. can someone share a sample format for this please
Below is a format @Stanlee drafted .. You can use it as per your discretion.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Reactions: Shivanker

bardock209

Apr 10, 2017
Dear Friends,

I have one issue, regarding the Work Reference Letter. For my current employment, should I just go and request a letter of reference? I am sure that they are going to ask for what purpose.

Is it possible, instead to just submit a LOE together with the monthly payslips? I do not want the company to know, for now.

Many thanks.

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I left my job two years ago without any reference letter. Now for immigration I need to take the employment reference letter. which date should be the letter issued? The day I resigned(two years ago) or the day it got signed(recent date)?

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hey guys, quick question, I'm claiming two years work experience under NOC-6311, food service supervisor, but work occasionally 9 hours per week as a bartender for the same business.

I have around 4000 hours under NOC-6311.

I'm only claiming points for the food service supervisor position but can provide the logged hours for either.
Should I clarify in the letter of employment the amount of hours worked for both positions to prove my eligibility?

Or rather clarify in a letter of explanation.

xtrmr2003

Aug 11, 2010
Hi all ! Need your help or suggestions related to work experience letter. For my past work experiences, neither of my letter states working hours, job description and salary. What do I do for that? I can get my current work experience letter with all the details as requested by CIC.

Thanks in advance

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

When I created my EE profile, under work experience, I stated 2 companies; my current one which I'm claiming points for and my previous company which I'm not claiming points for.
The main reason I included my previous organization is only because its one of the 'BIG FOUR' audit firms in the world and I thought including that would infuse a small level of confidence for the Immigration officer on my credibility of skills.

I have obtained a ref letter from that organization. however, few details such as supervisor's details and pay stubs are missing and I do not think I will be able to obtain them.

my question is, should I remove it and include it only in the personal history category? Or can I simply upload whatever, docs I have for the experience in that organization as I'm not claiming any points for that, the immigration officer can ignore the fact that there are no sufficient docs

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi guys, I am new to this thread, I have one question, please take out some time to go through my condition and help me out in it
I had been worked in a company for around 3.5 years starting from May 2013 till July 2016 and when i left the company, they issued and experience letter to me stating my date of joining, my designation when i started working, all the promotions and the date when I left. On the basis of that experience which comes under NOC 4021 (vocational trainers), I applied for PR through a consultancy firm. I again joined back that company in March 2017, as per the instructions of my consultant, and I am working there till date. Now, that I have got an ITA, i asked for my experience letter again from the company requesting them to mention my job duties also in the experience letter, i.e. under the letter head of the company. After so many pleadings to them, they have issued me an experience letter all the above details and in addition to this, the KRA's of my job (not in details) that I performed during the period of May 2013 till July 2016 and my current designation in the company along with the date of joining. Apart from this, I also have the bank statements for all the years as throughout my stay with the company, my salary used to come in my salary account that was opened by the company itself in ICICI bank, I also have form 16's from the company.
I am doubtful because someone told me that if I won't have the detailed job duties on my experience letter, there are chances they won't grant me the visa because the visa officers will think that all the above proofs are fake, I again had a word with my company, but, now they have clearly said that they won't provide anything extra after this, now I am really scared and don't have any idea what to do.
Please help me out in this, I will be really thankful to you.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

Ill be providing the following as proof of employment. please be kind enough to advice if anything else is required.

1. Reference letter from HR: Includes everything except for Supervisor Details and Number of hours per week as it is against company policy. However, they have mentioned that I am a Full-time Permanent Employee.
2. Salary Confirmation letter
3. Six months salary slips
4. A reference letter from a colleague:
stating my number of hours per week and my supervisor's details. this will be signed only by my colleague.

Do I have to get a letter from my Supervisor as well? I would prefer not to due to obvious reasons.
Further, do I have to provide an LOE or are these documents straight forward enough for the VISA Officer?
Your advice is highly valued. thanks in advance