+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Hi All, I'm a newbie here - my current employer has stated the following for issuing the reference letter:
"Company cannot issue R&R addressing “To whomsoever it may concern”…. If you are applying for any PR, request you to share the address
Example: for Australian PR, it will be addressed to Australian Computer Society (ACS)”"

Can you guys assist and let me know who can the letter be addressed to?

thanks - Harsha

sulabh.kumar

Feb 20, 2017
have 3 months old babies do we require the medical done for them as well as it diff to make them travle by flight from one city to another

kindly advice

can we get from some other source who are not in panel

adi135

Dec 29, 2016
Hi All

I have received the ITA in one of the previous draws. While trying to collect employer reference letters, I was told by someone familiar with the EE process that although current employer reference is good to have but not compulsory. Is this true? I have joined the current org just 3 months back so it wont be easy getting my manager to issue such a letter to me and it would not be an advantage in my CRS anyway as I have previous experience of more that 5 years in applied NOC code.
Can someone who has been through this process shed some light on this?

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Please advice.

I just noticed that I ticked No instead of yes when I applied for a visiting visa last year to the statutory question on whether I had been refused a visa by any other country. How do I go about explaining this? Will LoE suffice.

Please respond.

@stanlee and the other gurus

suazo

Apr 3, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a question. I received ITA on April draw with 429 points. My work experience is back in Nigeria. I worked for one year. My employer has provided me with a reference letter explaining all my duties and every thing necessary as per cic requirement. My question is I have no pay stubs. Because I was pain in cash monthly by my employer which is stated on the letter. Is theblettwr sufficient enough? I don't have any pay stubs. Thanks

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
suazo said:
Hello everyone, I have a question. I received ITA on April draw with 429 points. My work experience is back in Nigeria. I worked for one year. My employer has provided me with a reference letter explaining all my duties and every thing necessary as per cic requirement. My question is I have no pay stubs. Because I was pain in cash monthly by my employer which is stated on the letter. Is theblettwr sufficient enough? I don't have any pay stubs. Thanks
If you were depositing this money regularly in your bank account, a Bank Statement corroborating this would be a good idea.

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
I recently received my Invitation. I wrongly put the start and end date of my work experience. I put Sep 1st 07 start date but my reference letter says 1st November 07. Similarly, the end date I put in the application was 22 October 08 but the reference letter says 22nd December 08.

Should I decline the invite and get back in the pool with the correct dates?

I'll appreciate your help guys. Thanks

( I did get points for this work experience

rajsmbhansali

Nov 22, 2016
sunny5868 said:
I recently received my Invitation. I wrongly put the start and end date of my work experience. I put Sep 1st 07 start date but my reference letter says 1st November 07. Similarly, the end date I put in the application was 22 October 08 but the reference letter says 22nd December 08.

Should I decline the invite and get back in the pool with the correct dates?

I'll appreciate your help guys. Thanks

( I did get points for this work experience
If you change these dates, does it change your points? If yes is it more or less? Ideally you should js edit the dates and explain in LOE the reason why you put the wrong dates earlier, it would be fine

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
rajsmbhansali said:
If you change these dates, does it change your points? If yes is it more or less? Ideally you should js edit the dates and explain in LOE the reason why you put the wrong dates earlier, it would be fine
it doesn't change my points. As a matter of fact, it actually increases my work experience by one more month. Thanks

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
Hi Guys!!

I received my ITA on Apr 19th.
Now I am in process of gathering all required documents.
I have almost gathered all documents including Skill certificate from my previous company, TCS.
However, in the skill certificate only my last designation i.e., IT Analyst, is mentioned.
And I do not have any salary slip or promotion letter indicating my previous designations ASE or SE.
Does TCS provide any letter mentioning the earlier designations? How am I supposed to overcome this hurdle?
Please help!!

Thanks..

jessi131

Nov 20, 2016
Hi all
I am able to get reference letter on companies letter head with all the details .i.e roles and responsibilities, tenure and designations.
But this letter is only having HR name with signature and company contact number. Here no direct email id contact is provided..will this be a problem.. please let me know your thoughts on same.

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
Abrockks said:
Hi Guys!!

I received my ITA on Apr 19th.
Now I am in process of gathering all required documents.
I have almost gathered all documents including Skill certificate from my previous company, TCS.
However, in the skill certificate only my last designation i.e., IT Analyst, is mentioned.
And I do not have any salary slip or promotion letter indicating my previous designations ASE or SE.
Does TCS provide any letter mentioning the earlier designations? How am I supposed to overcome this hurdle?
Please help!!

Any comments/Suggestions???

Thanks..

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You need to get a letter from your previous supervisor mentioning everything IRCC wants.. like hours per week, designations, salary info etc.

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Happy116 said:
Hi All, I'm a newbie here - my current employer has stated the following for issuing the reference letter:
"Company cannot issue R&R addressing “To whomsoever it may concern”.... If you are applying for any PR, request you to share the address
Example: for Australian PR, it will be addressed to Australian Computer Society (ACS)”"

Can you guys assist and let me know who can the letter be addressed to?

thanks - Harsha
Hey guys - just got the letter to addressed to "The Immigration Officer, IRCC, The Canadian Embassy"