+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
Hey guys, thanks for such a helpful tread.

Also wondering is it good to include the NOC of my job in the reference letter? Or in the letter of explanation?

I ask this because my job title doesn't match 100% exactly to any NOC listed on CIC website, (just the wording difference, actual job duties match well).

Thank you for any input.

Pankaj99

Nov 21, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have 7 months short of work experience to get 2 points to achieve my points so as to apply for SINP.I have one of my uncle who owns a company and he can provide me experience letter in his company letter head with company address and phone number.Would it be wise to generate the reference letter on his company letter head (or) to wait for 7 months (or) to get a notarized letter from him for job reference ?

Is there any strong verification done for job reference letter ?

Thanks,
Pankaj

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Pankaj99 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have 7 months short of work experience to get 2 points to achieve my points so as to apply for SINP.I have one of my uncle who owns a company and he can provide me experience letter in his company letter head with company address and phone number.Would it be wise to generate the reference letter on his company letter head (or) to wait for 7 months (or) to get a notarized letter from him for job reference ?

Thanks,
Pankaj
Are you saying your uncle is willing to lie about you working for 7 months? If so you deserve the 5 year ban.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pankaj99 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Pankaj
Prepare for a 5 year ban.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Pankaj99 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Pankaj
Sorry to say but because of this kind of things, people with genuine work experience need to go thru scrutiny.
People wait for months, years sometimes decade to land in dream country like Canada so its wise to wait, I am personally waiting for more than 2.5 years and trying all sorts of things to get an ITA. I would advice NOT to do this.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm trying to get the reference letter from my employer (large Indian IT company) and I know I wont be successful. I just wanted them to say they cant provide letter that I wanted. They keep asking the purpose of the letter and I'm skeptical to let them know its for Canadian immigration.

Is it ok to quote a different reason, obtain the letter and use it along with LOE?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
I'm trying to get the reference letter from my employer (large Indian IT company) and I know I wont be successful. I just wanted them to say they cant provide letter that I wanted. They keep asking the purpose of the letter and I'm skeptical to let them know its for Canadian immigration.

Is it ok to quote a different reason, obtain the letter and use it along with LOE?
You would still need a document stating your duties and responsibilities even if they fail to provide a reference letter.

If you're asking us if it's ok to lie to your company... well that's not up to us to decide.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
You would still need a document stating your duties and responsibilities even if they fail to provide a reference letter.

If you're asking us if it's ok to lie to your company... well that's not up to us to decide.
Thank you. I think I will have to take the risk by disclosing my employer what I need the letter for.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ldrbjp said:
Thank you. I think I will have to take the risk by disclosing my employer what I need the letter for.
Why don't you get a letter from your supervisor and get it notarized? People do that if the companies don't provide letter on letterhead. They won't give a letter for immigration for sure. You can submit his or her ID card along with the letter.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Why don't you get a letter from your supervisor and get it notarized? People do that if the companies don't provide letter on letterhead. They won't give a letter for immigration for sure. You can submit his or her ID card along with the letter.
My supervisor is an +#+₹-_-(2(#
I'm planning to get the letter from one of my friends in the company. Hope that suffices

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ldrbjp said:
My supervisor is an +#+₹-_-(2(#
I'm planning to get the letter from one of my friends in the company. Hope that suffices
Yes it will suffice if it is from senior colleagues, managers. Make sure letter contains your roles and duties, working hours, pay etc and attach his company ID and contact details and update LOE along with docs.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi, for work experience, I don't want to disclose in my office regarding my intentions of Canadian PR so they would just issue a normal letter that I have been employed with them for 9 years and currently my level is ____. With this letter, if I attach my employment contracts, pay slips, yearly appraisal letters, CTC sheet and a self affidavit (duly notarized) regarding my roles and responsibilities, would that suffice.

I cant take a letter from my supervisor as I myself is at a Director level...

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have been working as an independent contractor for past 3 years. My contract is yearly and gets renewed every year. However it does not say anything about number of hours of work. Only states monthly compensation. So does my reference letter. My boss will hesitate, like he has always been, to put in words like 'full time' or 'xx hours/week' since he is not really my 'employer' and he had mentioned that to me. We have a contract agreement between us for which I get paid monthly. It does not matter how many hours I put in or at least it does say so in the contract. How can I tackle this situation?

Thanks.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
thinkshady said:
Yes it will suffice if it is from senior colleagues, managers. Make sure letter contains your roles and duties, working hours, pay etc and attach his company ID and contact details and update LOE along with docs.
I am in the same situation, in my case I worked in a hospital (2008-2009) and had to rotate through different departments (Surgery, peadiatrics etc). The hospital HR is proving difficult, a number of my supervisors in those departments have left the hospital but I still have colleagues there who are already senior doctors there. Do you mean a letter from a colleague will suffice? Must it be on a letter-headed paper? Would I need to notarize it? I just need a letter stating I worked there outlining the roles of a general practitioner/Medical Officer without going into details of the postings, but the HR wouldn't provide it. Thanks for your help

syedtaha

May 14, 2016
Hi Guys,

Could somebody able to answer couple of queries:

I have 1.1 years of experience as Lecturer (NOC 4011) and 3.2 years as a Civil Planning Engineer. (NOC 2131) (Total 4.2 years). Considering above experience, I don't need to include lecturer experience as I'm already exceeding 3 years limit for gaining max points in CRS tool.

However, out of 3.2 years of Engineering experience "I don't have reference letter from one company where I worked for 8 months". But I've included this experience in my EE profile.

Would you suggest deleting (8 months) experience since I am still able to claim maximum CRS points for work experience. (1 year as Lecturer + 2.4 years as Civil/Planning Engineer)?

My primary NOC is 2131 and I fulfilled FSWP eligibility criteria as I've 2.4 years of experience with all supporting documents. However I need to get 50 max transferability points which I could only get but adding up multiple NOCs. Do you think it is OK to included two different NOCs for gaining maximum transferability points?

Thank you very much in advance.