+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm really confused about this. I signed a new permanent contract 3 months ago. I mentioned in the interview my desire to move to Canada one day. Since I have been working I have explained that I may get an invite any day, but that it would be AT LEAST 8 MONTHS from getting the invite to being given PR, and even then it would be a few months before I had everything in order to move. As I have been honest from the start and mentioned it's only a possibility, I don't need any tips or tricks. I will be honest with my position when I ask for a reference. As I have signed a contract, they can't fire me because I am attempting to move abroad.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kryt0n said:
I'm really confused about this. I signed a new permanent contract 3 months ago. I mentioned in the interview my desire to move to Canada one day. Since I have been working I have explained that I may get an invite any day, but that it would be AT LEAST 8 MONTHS from getting the invite to being given PR, and even then it would be a few months before I had everything in order to move. As I have been honest from the start and mentioned it's only a possibility, I don't need any tips or tricks. I will be honest with my position when I ask for a reference. As I have signed a contract, they can't fire me because I am attempting to move abroad.
That's good.

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Stanlee
The experience letter that I have doesnt mention that the company has shutdown. Do I have to take a new experience letter from my employer on the companies letter head mentioning that the company has shut down??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
What country are you in? In the UK we have a government website listing all companies that have gone into liquidation or closed which I will print out for one of my positions. Do you have anything similar?

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
@ Stanlee LOE means letter of explanation or letter of expereince.
If its letter of explanation, then should I have to take on a stamp notarized paper??
Can I take NOC notarized on a 100 rupee stamp paper??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can ask other people you know. Stanlee isn't (as far as I know) an immigration lawyer. If you just want to ask him directly message him. Otherwise accept other peoples advice.

If you think a letter of explanation would be better if notorised go for it. As far as I know that isn't required.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ibk said:
Stanlee
The experience letter that I have doesnt mention that the company has shutdown. Do I have to take a new experience letter from my employer on the companies letter head mentioning that the company has shut down??
How will they issue a new letter if the company was shut down? Or do you mean to say it was merged with or acquired by another company?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ibk said:
@ Stanlee LOE means letter of explanation or letter of expereince.
If its letter of explanation, then should I have to take on a stamp notarized paper??
Can I take NOC notarized on a 100 rupee stamp paper??
LOE refers to Letter of Explanation, it need not be on stamp paper or notarized, you can type it on a plain paper.

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
@ Stanlee, It doesn't appear in the list, as it was the small firm. Can you help me in this issue. They used to give me monthly salary by cheques, I can show CIC my bank statements from that period and income tax paper. I checked my income tax papers, It doesn't mention the company name, would it be a problem?
Also please can you give me a hint, what exactly the letter of explanation should mention about?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ibk said:
@ Stanlee, It doesn't appear in the list, as it was the small firm. Can you help me in this issue. They used to give me monthly salary by cheques, I can show CIC my bank statements from that period and income tax paper. I checked my income tax papers, It doesn't mention the company name, would it be a problem?
Also please can you give me a hint, what exactly the letter of explanation should mention about?
A company shutting down is beyond your control and you have nothing to do with it. So relax.

Submit whatever documents that you can to substantiate your claim - reference letter, offer letter, salary slips, bank statements showing credits (via cheques), appraisal letters, bonus letters, relieving letter. In fact, if the reference letter has all the requisite information, then you need not submit so many documents. Use the LOE to explain that he company has been liquidated and you have in your best effort arranged all the requisite documents to prove your claim.

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
I recently changed my job (in Aug'16) and have an experience letter of 2.9 yrs from my previous employer which was issued in Aug'16 itself. Do I still need to get a similar experience letter from my current employer for the remaining 3 months which qualifies me for maximum experience points? I am doubtful if my current employer will provide such a reference letter in the said format. What are the alternatives as in my case, its just a question of 3 months of experience.

Request people with similar experience to help me with this challenge.