+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

ashwinpal

Oct 21, 2021
Handwritten document will not work. The document must be electronically printed, notarized, stamped (on a legal paper, highly recommended) and signed by your supervisor/senior as well. Submit his/her employment ID (signed by supervisor) too along with this document.
Thanks Nitin. We do not have ID cards nor business cards at my workplace though. Hope that's okay. Any workarounds for this?
Notarize and stamp will go together right when I visit any notary?

Mar 14, 2022
Hi, Could anyone of you please assist here.
Hi All,

Seeking Info : Would that be a problem if ER is not sharing the updated reference letter as already left the organization. Got the reference letter from Employer while working in there and now ER is refusing to share new one with the last working day details etc. If that could cause problems, any ideas to get the latest one ??

Also, What additional supporting documents apart from paychecks would be suffice to share to support the old reference letter.Do we need to include Tax documents- T4 slips as well?

Kindly share your thoughts.TIA.

Mar 14, 2022
Hey Everyone,

For my current employment,I recently got the RnR letter from my ER and it has statements like joined since MMDDYYYY and currently working as TitleB(per their standard format and only issue the letter for the current role).

Situation is: It's just been an year here and I never had a promotion during this duration. However, there was a Designation correction happened(from Title A to Title B and underlying duties are same) in December as part of internal policy changes to match the profiles with US job codes/ designations as it's a US based company because of which in my offer letter and payslips for around8-9 months "title A" is mentioned and in all my recent documents title B is coming as per the current records in ER database.

Per Employer, there is no history of other Designation as they only keep it in case of appraisals so logically I hold one position with this organization.

Confused as to how should I prove this as my whole experience in title B. Would appreciate your suggestions:

a) Would this statement of "currently working" in roles and responsibilities can cause any issues? What should I do to make it work?

b) Should I explain the Designation updates in LOE stating I am sharing all the Payslips however the Designation is different as there was a correction , something like this??

Mar 14, 2022
Hey Everyone,

For my current employment,I recently got the RnR letter from my ER and it has statements like joined since MMDDYYYY and currently working as TitleB(per their standard format and only issue the letter for the current role).
Situation is: It's just been an year here and I never had a promotion during this duration. However, there was a Designation correction happened(from Title A to Title B and underlying duties are same) in December as part of internal policy changes to match the profiles with US job codes/ designations as it's a US based company because of which in my offer letter and payslips for around8-9 months "title A" is mentioned and in all my recent documents title B is coming as per the current records in ER database.

Per Employer, there is no history of other Designation as they only keep it in case of appraisals so logically I hold one position with this organization.

Confused as to how should I prove this as my whole experience in title B. Would appreciate your suggestions:

a) Would this statement of "currently working" in roles and responsibilities can cause any issues? What should I do to make it work?

b) Should I explain the Designation updates in LOE stating I am sharing all the Payslips however the Designation is different as there was a correction , something like this??

yghon11

Dec 13, 2020
@Taran D @ashwinpal
Hello,
I am from India.
My current company is doing layoffs so I can not directly ask for a work experience letter.
Planning to get it from a senior colleague.
Please help me with the format that needs to be on the notary document. I have the format of just the work experience letter but seeking the format of those declarations which are made on notary documents usually for e.g I <Name> S/o < Father's name> hereby declare that...... blah blah blah......
Also since the colleague is giving the letter so on the notary document along with the notary lawyer he should sign right or something else.

I am from India so people from India here please give your input on the notary format because it differs a bit from country to country.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
@Taran D @ashwinpal
Hello,
I am from India.
My current company is doing layoffs so I can not directly ask for a work experience letter.
Planning to get it from a senior colleague.
Please help me with the format that needs to be on the notary document. I have the format of just the work experience letter but seeking the format of those declarations which are made on notary documents usually for e.g I <Name> S/o < Father's name> hereby declare that...... blah blah blah......
Also since the colleague is giving the letter so on the notary document along with the notary lawyer he should sign right or something else.

I am from India so people from India here please give your input on the notary format because it differs a bit from country to country.
Sorry have no idea about it. Maybe try to do some research on google,