+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAFTA, WORK PERMIT, JOB OFFER!!!

LILIS

May 17, 2006
HI, I got a job offer to work in Canada, my future employer told me that I can apply under the Nafta (my profession is included), he told me that I have to come to Canada and here we do the proceeding; I trusted in him, I brought my family, I sold all my belongings and now Im here in Canada, but the time is runing and my employer has not transacted anything. I am desperate to find a job, (my savings are going away, my family don´t have medical service just in case).

1-and want to know if it is legal to apply for another employer. I haven´t sign any agreement with this employer.
2-I actually have my papers in order to do the proceeding, but I only need the job offer.
3-Im affraid that me and my family can be illegal in Canada, we have been here for almost 3 months (like visitors)
4-Im worried to lose my savings, don´t get a job and return to my country whithout anything
PLEASE I NEED AN ADVISE!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LILIS said:
HI, I got a job offer to work in Canada, my future employer told me that I can apply under the Nafta (my profession is included), he told me that I have to come to Canada and here we do the proceeding; I trusted in him, I brought my family, I sold all my belongings and now Im here in Canada, but the time is runing and my employer has not transacted anything. I am desperate to find a job, (my savings are going away, my family don´t have medical service just in case).

1-and want to know if it is legal to apply for another employer. I haven´t sign any agreement with this employer.
2-I actually have my papers in order to do the proceeding, but I only need the job offer.
3-Im affraid that me and my family can be illegal in Canada, we have been here for almost 3 months (like visitors)
4-Im worried to lose my savings, don´t get a job and return to my country whithout anything
1. Have to assume you are a US or Mexican citizen? as they are the only ones eligible for NAFTA work permit.
2. YOu should have waited for the job offer, since you have to receive your work permit outside Canada, either at the Border if a US citizen or CHC in Mexico.
3. You can see if you can find another employer, but the job again has to fall under the NAFTA guidelines, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf page 119
4. How long were you admitted at the Border/Airport? If it was just a stamp with no date you were admitted for 6 months as a visitor, no work no school.
5. You may end up going home with nothing, it is a distinct possibility.

PMM

ANSWER

Jun 24, 2006
PMM said:
Hi

LILIS said:

1. Have to assume you are a US or Mexican citizen? as they are the only ones eligible for NAFTA work permit.
2. YOu should have waited for the job offer, since you have to receive your work permit outside Canada, either at the Border if a US citizen or CHC in Mexico.
3. You can see if you can find another employer, but the job again has to fall under the NAFTA guidelines, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/fwe.pdf page 119
4. How long were you admitted at the Border/Airport? If it was just a stamp with no date you were admitted for 6 months as a visitor, no work no school.
5. You may end up going home with nothing, it is a distinct possibility.

PMM

Jul 24, 2016
hey hi ,

i got call from Canada for the position of House manager, the employer had sent me the agreement copy ,can some one help me how to verify that agreement copy is genius or fake. and wat should be next plan of action

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shailesh.selvam said:
hey hi ,

i got call from Canada for the position of House manager, the employer had sent me the agreement copy ,can some one help me how to verify that agreement copy is genius or fake. and wat should be next plan of action
You can't apply for a work permit without an approved LMIA. Does the employer have an approved LMIA?

One way to tell if it's a scam or not is if they are asking you to pay any money. If they are asking you to pay money now - it's a scam and there's no job.