+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MYCIC Requested Document Uploading Broken?

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Is anyone else having issues uploading a requested document to MYCIC? I have tried multiple times, on multiple different computers with different internet browsers with no success. Every time I click the view checklist button it loads the page showing all the documents I submitted as well as the one (Police Clearance in this instance) that has been requested. However there is no upload button anywhere on the page, the help icon is useless and emailing question@cic.gc.ca about the issue comes back with a 20 day wait to get a response which is now actually longer than the deadline given for uploading a requested document!

I am an Australian citizen so the call centre number is of no help (I have tried calling a few times and get a disconnected message), I have sent emails to question@cic.gc.ca, sydney-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and even web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca with no response so far.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Just an update for my issue regarding not having an upload button for the police certificate,

The issue is still not resolved. There only reply was that their tech team would fix it shortly and i should try to try and upload it again. It is still broken and now my deadline to upload it has passed (March 19th deadline, I lodged jan 19th and they requested the afp check about a week after lodgement)

It has now been 3 months since I lodged my application. I have received zero communication since they asked me to try and upload it again over a month and a half ago. Mycic shows it as being overdue and there is no way for me to confirm that they received it in one of my emails I sent so it seems as though it is stuck in limbo.

Does anyone know of a way for Australians to actually get assistance with things like this? Lines of communication for anyone outside of Canada seem to be non existent. And it seems as though even a simple status update of your application is too much to ask for.

This has been by far the worst experience I have ever had with trying to obtain visa. Very disappointing.

gcraig006

May 13, 2013
Hi Matt,

I have just had the problem did you have any luck resolving your issue? I want to leave on June 30th but judging by your experience its going to take a lot longer than that

gcraig006

May 13, 2013
Hi Giving an update on my case of not being to upload a requested document.

I emailed both questions@cic.gc.ca and web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca, with the subject line "URGENT - Unable to upload requested document", I told them the problem that there was no upload button, I received another request for additional documentation message one day later, and after that I was able to submit the requested document, I was pretty impressed considering some of the horror stories I had seen posted. If you going to email make sure you include as much information as you can. I attached the request for additional documentation, the document i was trying to attach and the following details which you are required to provide.

1. Surname (last name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

2. Given name(s) (first name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

4. Country of birth

5. Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.

6. Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.

7. Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number

8. Online application reference number

9. Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record)

10. Approximate date that the application was submitted

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Matty_84

Feb 20, 2013
Hello gcraig,

I did everything you described above including having URGENT in the subject line of the email as well as providing all of that information and sending it to the same email addresses you did. All of my email have been ignored and it has now been over 4 months since i submitted it.

I think I am going to have to submit another application and apply for my 3rd AFP check as it has almost passed its 3 month expiry again due to MYCIC delays..

drdoolittle

May 30, 2013
same issue here. tried emailing them but didn't get any response. tried calling them but was informed the number was disconnected. lazy canadians need to work or become smarter.

rob7835

Aug 15, 2021
I've been asked to upload documents for the addition of my child to my application, However, in my online application, I am unable to upload these documents due to technical issues in the IRCC system. The upload option next to the document is missing or not working due to which I have not been able to upload the documents in my online application (please see screenshot). I have tried using different computers as well as cleared my caches/cookies to see if it would help but there has been no resolution to the issue. Anyone faced a similar issue, how did it resolve. Please let me know. The last date to submit the documents in my online application is 01-Oct-2021.