+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC asking for the missing PCC should I upload the entire updated PCC file or just the missing one

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Hi all,

So I have this little confusion at the moment. As the title states that myCIC is asking me to upload the missing PCC that I did not have at the time of submitting my application, so I did the usual LoE thing and waited for the PCC to arrive. Just recently, I got the message in myCIC account to upload the missing PCC within 7 days and luckily I received the missing PCC in the mail two days later. Now before I could upload the file, this thought has had me confused a little bit; should I upload just the missing PCC at this point or is it better to the upload the missing PCC along with other PCC in the form of a one complete and updated PCC file? I would appreciate any help or guidance in this matter. Thank you

Best,
Lazy

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Update: So, I was confused, because it said "Replacement" and I thought the replacement file would replace the previously uploaded PCC file, so naturally I thought if that's the case then I should better upload the entire PCC file updated with the missing PCC again instead of just uploading the one missing PCC they have asked for. But then I learned that the new ones are added/appended to the application instead of replacing the old ones, so I just uploaded the one PCC document, which was missing from my application at the time of submission, and that was the one they had asked for specifically.

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
I'm guessing this is the one for United States because their timelines are killing me too.

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
I'm guessing this is the one for United States because their timelines are killing me too.
Yup, you are absolutely right. My application took exactly 105 days to process at their end, that's 3 and a half months of just processing time from the date of receiving the application. Then they mailed the report after 2 days and it took another 21 days (3 weeks) to reach me. If I add up all the days from the day I sent the application through the courier to the day I received it, it took exactly 129 days to get the report which is ridiculous.

Anyway, @Amze if you have some time at your disposal, I might as well suggest you to reapply electronically through the newly introduced FBI eDO service and get the report through email. You apply online, and make payment online, however you still have to send the fingerprint card (FD-258) by mail/courier.The good news is the processing time is 48 hours at the moment. So if you send the fingerprint card immediately through courier your report may arrive, in your email, as early as the next week. I see no harm having two applications being processed in parallel, except that you pay twice. Frankly, I would have preferred the report to be delivered electronically anyway, since I wouldn't have to scan the paper report and instead just would have uploaded the exact file as received in my email. Just make sure to send multiple finger print cards to be on the safe side.

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
They received my docs on the 4th of December. I have absolutely no idea how long it's gonna take, they will be delivering to my brother's address in Cali so I have shaved off a bit of time from this chaos (from your timelines it seems like 3 weeks, jeeeezus). However, my deadline is the 15th of February for my application and here I am certificate-less. I don't even trust the mail system here in Lahore enough for them to get it to my door in all honesty, so kudos to you for having those nerves to start with.

How I WISH this electronic system had been there before, apparently it went live on the 1st of Feb. If I have no update by the 4th of March, I will apply for it again- trying to avoid that step because I had to go the court for my finger impressions on FD-258 the first time around (did you take the impressions yourself?). Honestly man, feels like being hit by a ton of bricks for this system to be launching NOW- kismat mein he roray hain.

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
Also, did you just ask for an extension in the LOE? How did they get back to you with some confirmation that hey, have another 90 days or whatever the extension period granted was?

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
They received my docs on the 4th of December. I have absolutely no idea how long it's gonna take, they will be delivering to my brother's address in Cali so I have shaved off a bit of time from this chaos (from your timelines it seems like 3 weeks, jeeeezus). However, my deadline is the 15th of February for my application and here I am certificate-less. I don't even trust the mail system here in Lahore enough for them to get it to my door in all honesty, so kudos to you for having those nerves to start with.

How I WISH this electronic system had been there before, apparently it went live on the 1st of Feb. If I have no update by the 4th of March, I will apply for it again- trying to avoid that step because I had to go the court for my finger impressions on FD-258 the first time around (did you take the impressions yourself?). Honestly man, feels like being hit by a ton of bricks for this system to be launching NOW- kismat mein he roray hain.

Well I really hope things turned out fine for you. I'm sorry I just got too busy and then forgot about this forum. Just now I was going through old email that I saw you messages and then headed straight to the forum. I know it's been a while so it may not be of use to you anymore but may be helpful to other readers in a similar situation.

I sent them 5 (yes, 5!) FD-258 forms, all of them were 120 gram papers, which is a much thicker, more solid/dense paper, so they were more like cards than papers. You can actually find such paper at any good stationary shop if you look for it. And I would recommend anyone going for the FD-258 finger print card to use that paper, it is way more reliable and easier to get your finger/thumb impressions on as opposed to the regular run of the mil 80g paper.

Of the the 5, FD-258 fingerprint cards, that I sent, 3 of them were done through a professional guy in Islamabad F-8 Kachehri. He used a special, very thick, viscous and somewhat gooey ink for the impressions, it was a pain in the ass to clean my hands afterwards. He charged me Rs.500 for each, so I spent Rs.1500 on these three fingerprint cards. And for good measure, I added 2 more FD-258 finger print cards, but this time I took the impressions myself using the regular/ordinary ink pad that is used for stamping purpose. I think I did a decent enough job. I was just scared at the prospect of getting the finger print cards rejected so I overdid it, but it's always better being safe than sorry. Sending extra FD-258 cards is recommended and is desirable because if the lone finger print card included in the application is rejected for whatever reason, you'll cause them nuisance because now they'll have to put your file/case on hold and wait for proper fingerprint impressions to arrive, you'll have to resend another one or two costing you more money not to mention the trouble and the added delay on top of already nightmarish delay. So, one should always send multiple FD-258 fingerprint cards so that in the event of a bad fingerprint impression or a botched up FD-258 card that is unacceptable to them, redundant fingerprint forms should serve as a backup.

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Also, did you just ask for an extension in the LOE? How did they get back to you with some confirmation that hey, have another 90 days or whatever the extension period granted was?

No, I did not ask for any extension per se. All I did was explain in the LoE the situation regarding the FBI PCC process delay, how the initial processing time of 10-12 weeks, at the time of sending/submitting the application, later increased to 14-16 weeks due to huge back log as per FBI's explanation and mentioned about all the email correspondences I had with the FBI department and the courier receipt and delivery notification etc. And wrote that I'll send them the PCC by uploading it through CSE as soon as I get it. All the supporting evidence/documents including courier receipt, courier delivery confirmation/notification page and all the email correspondences were uploaded in the PCC section. At the time of application submission they had not processed my application so my credit card was not charged at that time, otherwise I would've included that transaction as well as a supporting proof of my claim. Anyway, 3 weeks after the submission of my application I got the message from IRCC, acknowledging the situation and my claim in view of the relevant proof/evidence I provided in support of my best efforts to obtain the PCC, they demanded that I submit the FBI PCC within a week or my application will be assessed without it, which was a little crazy of them to say but probably that's the template they roll with. So, I had 3 options; 1st one was to immediately apply for yet another IdHSC but through the new eDO service (sending FD-258 fingerprint forms all over again through the courier service and wait for it to get there and after its receipt wait another 48 hours to get the report in my email), even if everything went perfectly smooth I was still skeptical if I could get the report before the deadline, the 2nd option was to wait till the deadline and hope that the mail arrives before the deadline and the 3rd option was to ask IRCC for an extension by uploading another LoE in place of the PCC. I went with the 2nd option having the 3rd option as the last resort backup. Fortunately for me, on the third day the FBI IdHSC/PCC report arrived in mail, I was so happy and so relieved because I didn't have to ask for an extension and didn't have to go through the ordeal of indefinite wait.

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
Ha, I had forgotten about this thread, got my PR last month so all is well that ends well I suppose. I had sent two copies of the the fingerprints (got them done at Lahore kacheri standing in a line of convicts, lawl). So fbi had given the option that if you’ve mailed them the docs already, just send an email saying you want an electronic report (along with a form downloaded from their website)- I got my result within 24 hours and was only charged once. Super impressive stuff.

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
Ha, I had forgotten about this thread, got my PR last month so all is well that ends well I suppose. I had sent two copies of the the fingerprints (got them done at Lahore kacheri standing in a line of convicts, lawl). So fbi had given the option that if you’ve mailed them the docs already, just send an email saying you want an electronic report (along with a form downloaded from their website)- I got my result within 24 hours and was only charged once. Super impressive stuff.
Wow, that's really impressive. Congrats on getting your PR.

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
Landed Already :)

Edit:
AOR: January 2018
PPR: March 2018
Landed: June 2018
That's awesome! Congrats! Will be landing next month and have a few questions especially regarding the landing procedure itself/the declaration process. Mind if I shoot you a direct message?

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
That's awesome! Congrats! Will be landing next month and have a few questions especially regarding the landing procedure itself/the declaration process. Mind if I shoot you a direct message?
Not at all, hit me up whenever you need my assistance. Also, I think it'll be much better and easier for us to communicate through a messaging app like whatsapp or viber etc, let me know in the DM/PM so that I share my contact info with you.

Reactions: Amze

Amze

Oct 31, 2017
Not at all, hit me up whenever you need my assistance. Also, I think it'll be much better and easier for us to communicate through a messaging app like whatsapp or viber etc, let me know in the DM/PM so that I share my contact info with you.
Thanks- just shooting you a DM, we’ll take it from there!