+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Work Permit Will Expire While I'm Waiting For The PNP (OINP) Result. WHAT TO DO?

Moos78520

Jul 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a working/holiday visa and am also on the process for the OINP.
My work pemit will expire BEFORE I get the result of my PNP application.
Here are my questions:

- Can I extend my work permit while my PNP application is still in process? Or should i stop working and apply for a visitor status until i get my nomination?

- Is my work permit the expiration of my work permit gonna affect my PNP application?

If you experienced the same situation please give me advices.
Thank you to let me know what I should do!!

Last edited:
Reactions: VarRana

LexieMC

Jun 9, 2020
If you are unable to request an extension of your work permit you will need to extend your stay as a visitor. Once your nomination is approved you will be able to apply for a work permit.

LexieMC

Jun 9, 2020
"If you are applying from within Canada, you must have legal status (a visitor record, study permit, or work permit) at the time you apply and should maintain that status until the time of nomination".

Moos78520

Jul 27, 2020
I might have to wait for my nomination while on a visitor status then... I will have to apply for it at least 30 days before the end of my work permit.
I just hope my OINP application gets granted!
Thank you for your reply.
That was pretty clear.

LexieMC

Jun 9, 2020
The most important is to apply before your current status expires. As soon you apply you should send a copy of your acknowledgement of receive to OINP, because they usually ask if you are keeping your legal status in Canada. In this way you could save time in your nomination processing.

cyan

Jul 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a working/holiday visa and am also on the process for the OINP.
Here are my questions:

- Can I extend my work permit while my PNP application is still in process? Or should i stop working and apply for a visitor status until i get my nomination?

- Is my work permit the expiration of my work permit gonna affect my PNP application?

HI! how are you. I would like to ask what happened to your case? thank you very much.

Angie1999

Apr 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Here are my questions:

Hey what happened with your application?

VarRana

Feb 19, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Here are my questions:

Hi,
What happened to your application? Can you please share it as I'm in the same boat.