+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Wife's Visitor Visa just got declined

Decarbon

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi everyone, unfortunately, my wife's visitor visa just got declined the reasons were:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The plan was for her to visit me for few months then go back to home country. My wife has work at home country which I listed in the application information.. Not sure why the officer was not convinced.. any ideas?

Moving forward..
I obviously still want her to visit me here, would a Spouse Open Work Permit have more chance for approval?

I will be eligible to apply for CEC PR around this May-June and I'm planning to add her to the application as a Spouse, but giving its paused and it takes a lot of time to process I wanted her to come in the near future for the a visit.

What would you guys suggest from your experience?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cookies