+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my wife wll sponsor me..please help...

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello everyone:

i am kind of confused these days,,and need your help...please

i am international student in USA with student temporary visa,and i married in February from a canadian girl which i know and love since 2006,
now we have the marriage documents,some pictures of us togeather,Police clearance certifaicate from USA and from my home town,some phone bills and some emails between us from over the years.

Do you guys think all of this are pretty sufficient?

and what are all the specific applications package with form numbers or links please for me and for my Canadian wife?

And there are somethings in the application package confusing us and couldn't understand!!!

as example : in background/declaration, question 11: must i write all fine details about my personal history even if i traveled to some countries just for 10 days?

and will they ask me to send them my old invalid passport to check all my trips ? because i got new passport now?

example2 : in application for permanent residence in Canada:

page 2: details of family members: do they mean all my family details or family members if they will be sponsored too?

i have more questions,but for now i don't want to make you very confused with me?

i appreciate your prompt reply

Thnaks

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Where are you originally from? This is important.. I think.. you can always go to http://www.cic.gc.ca and go from there.. if you tell us more maybe we can help :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just follow the instructions. I think it does not ask for every day in your life but maybe every month or so. I remember when I applied for PR, I wrote down my history of addresses over every month since I was 18 and every month of my life what I was doing, school, work, unemployed. It was a long list.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks Boncuk and Leon .

I will write the list of my history too month by month since i was 18. I am originally from Libya, kindly please advise more information as to what more we should do? My plans are to apply within the next week.

Thanks

mais87

Dec 30, 2008
for my husband we wrote every month sometimes he went even for 2 weeks we still wrote it...every address (even when he travelled aborad and in a hotel) and every occupation he had in the personal history (for example, travelling when he travelled)....Just be as honest and complete as you can!! Good luck!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
First of all you would be wise to check the region specific file for your country.. They ask for specific things from each region..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3912e.pdf
You have to get police clearance in all places you have lived for over 6 months..
You have to do the medical
Go through the booklets checklists one by one and get it or do it :) simple process.. have your spouse explain things if it's not clear.
Good Luck.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
thank you Boncuk

ok i have question please

about out marriage certificate..should i send the priginal documents or a copy is enough or i should copy and go to notary to certify it is copy as true ?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Dentist,

Go over the sponsor checklist carefully, it tells you what items should be original and which can be copies.

I realize you are an international student in USA - but will you need to apply through your country's home office - or will they allow you to apply through USA even though you are only there on an I-20?

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thank you Rasha..

i already checked the check list,,,

but do you think maybe they can`t let me apply from here ??and i must do thins from my home country ??

please some one help and answer this question?

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello guys...

how many pictures should i send  those we were together....for lunch,trip in niagara falls in buffalo,and in our wedding night just me and her with wedding traditional clothes...

should i send a lot  or its enough  just 3 or 4 for every single place?

and because i will apply from USA not from my home country...
this means it will take longer time than usual and they will contact their embassy their to review my file?

i appreciate your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to send all your pictures but pick the best ones to tell the story. What some people said they did was organize their pictures in a word document with subtitles and print them out like that, 3 or 4 per page. I don't think it will take longer for you because you apply from the US. It might even be faster to process in the US than it is in your home country. Depends on where you are from.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Leon said:
You don't have to send all your pictures but pick the best ones to tell the story. What some people said they did was organize their pictures in a word document with subtitles and print them out like that, 3 or 4 per page. I don't think it will take longer for you because you apply from the US. It might even be faster to process in the US than it is in your home country. Depends on where you are from.
Thank you Leon....your answer made me more comfortable...
.and must we send the original marriage certificate or photocopy is pretty enough?

i will try to give you brief story ...

First of all I am from Libya

i knew my wife from Oct 2006 via internet,we were friends for some time
i applied for temporary student visa in Nov-2007 for studying and even to see and visit her as a friend
and they refused me ,they were not satisfied that i will leave Canada after i will finish my course which supposed 1 year...
in Dec2007 she visited me(and we were not married),we met in Egypt ..
then i came to USA from Aug-2008 then she came to visit me here 3 times
the first in Dec-2008
then she came in Feb-2008 and we got married in this visit and issued out marriage certificate here in USA
then she visited me recently in April2009 for a trip

so what do you advise me to write in my application and what time can i say that i asked her for marriage,
and our relation is long and genuine and we want to live together forever,that's why she will sponsor me...?

we are planning to send our documents to Mississauga next days...

please advise me

thanks