+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife NEEDS BC Medical

Jonoscc

May 13, 2014
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love that I was told that the only requirement for BC Medical is to live here for 3 months... we all know that's bullocks.

We've lived here 8 months and my wife still can't get medical.

I received confirmation from CIC that our PR application was received in September 2014.

I feel like we've been waiting forever for this magical golden letter that says her application is "in process" which will allow her to get medical.

Anyone know how much longer I need to wait for this priceless letter?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jonoscc said:
I love that I was told that the only requirement for BC Medical is to live here for 3 months... we all know that's bullocks.

We've lived here 8 months and my wife still can't get medical.

I received confirmation from CIC that our PR application was received in September 2014.

I feel like we've been waiting forever for this magical golden letter that says her application is "in process" which will allow her to get medical.

Anyone know how much longer I need to wait for this priceless letter?
Based on the current processing times, you should see your AIP ~ January 2016.

However...your wife was eligible for BC MSP as soon as CIC received her PR application. It's shame that so many have fought, but only a few have won, in pointing out their OWN POLICY for those that have applied for PR under the Spousal Sponsorship stream.

Good luck!

Jonoscc

May 13, 2014
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
However...your wife was eligible for BC MSP as soon as CIC received her PR application.
Wait what?! I sent BC MSP the "application received" letter but they told they can't do anything until I have the "in process" letter.

Who do I need to fight?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife is/was eligible based on her submitting the Spousal Sponsorship application, because she was at that point a `Deemed resident':
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/426_97#section2
(See 2 (d))

You have to fight with BC MSP as well as HIBC, until you find someone that truly understands this `out of the ordinary' path of eligibility.

Jonoscc

May 13, 2014
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for all your help. My wife and I went to our MLA's office and they agreed with you that she should be eligible and they've seen people in our same situation denied for the same reason. Our MLA is going to to plead our case with the minister of health and try and get it resolved for us.

Thanks again.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jonoscc said:
Thanks so much for all your help. My wife and I went to our MLA's office and they agreed with you that she should be eligible and they've seen people in our same situation denied for the same reason. Our MLA is going to to plead our case with the minister of health and try and get it resolved for us.

Thanks again.
Let us know how it goes.
There are other stories, some of them were successful, some weren't:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.120.html

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
We are in BC too. We applied PR inalnd... she got a OWP under the pilot program... she showed her AOR letter and the OWP and she got bc medical coverage..