+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is a permanent resident in Canada however her PR card expired while vacation.

mekhael

Feb 11, 2011
My wife is a permanent resident of Canada, however, while vacationing in the Philippines her card expired without her knowing. Now she has to apply for PRTD just to travel back to Canada. My question is how long is the processing currently right in Manila, Philippines. And secondly, is there other options that we can do to expidite the process?. It's been more than 9 days and counting, we thought it'll just be a day or so. My kid is missing their last day of school because of this hiccup. Any help? or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Mekhael

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My wife is a permanent resident of Canada, however, while vacationing in the Philippines her card expired without her knowing. Now she has to apply for PRTD just to travel back to Canada. My question is how long is the processing currently right in Manila, Philippines. And secondly, is there other options that we can do to expidite the process?. It's been more than 9 days and counting, we thought it'll just be a day or so. My kid is missing their last day of school because of this hiccup. Any help? or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Mekhael
Nothing you can do to expedite it. Usually takes a week or two.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Thank You
Mekhael
This was a completely avoidable scenario. Have more accountability and do what you can control: check the validity of all your travel documents next time. You can't control processing times.

If you want to give it a shot, try to send an urgent email to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could take a lot longer than a week or two. The other option is to land in the US and cross the border in a private car. You’d need US visas to do that.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'd read a few cases here where a PRTD in Manila took 2-3 business days, so this is unusual. Probably a heavy workload due to the holiday period?