+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife is a permanent residence of Canada who is living in canada, Should I declare that she accompanying me to Canda or not?

barxodanjiana

Dec 2, 2019
Hi to all!

Actually, I got married in Canda two days ago and my wife is a permanent residence of Canada. I want to apply throgh Expres Entery. I have some questions in this regard.

1- She is living in Candada now, in the forms I am asked whether she accompanying me to Canda or not?
what should I answer?
2- How Can I use possible additional points of having a wife who is a permanent residence?
3- My wife has also a brother who is a citizen of Canada? how can I use the possible additonal points here ?

The problem is when I try to update my profile in Express entery pool, If I mention she will accompany me to Canada, we will be asked to upload her documents and information while she is already a resident of Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi to all!

Actually, I got married in Canda two days ago and my wife is a permanent residence of Canada. I want to apply throgh Expres Entery. I have some questions in this regard.

1- She is living in Candada now, in the forms I am asked whether she accompanying me to Canda or not?
what should I answer?
2- How Can I use possible additional points of having a wife who is a permanent residence?
3- My wife has also a brother who is a citizen of Canada? how can I use the possible additonal points here ?

The problem is when I try to update my profile in Express entery pool, If I mention she will accompany me to Canada, we will be asked to upload her documents and information while she is already a resident of Canada.
1. She already has PR and won't be part of your application.
2. You can't benefit from any points from her because she is already a PR.
3. You can't.

barxodanjiana

Dec 2, 2019
1. She already has PR and won't be part of your application.
2. You can't benefit from any points from her because she is already a PR.
3. You can't.
Thank you so much!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp But in CIC calculator, it considers the situation and gives me extra 15 points while calculating the points with age 35, 3 years work exerience, master degree and L8.5, R7.5, S7.5 and W7. with no french skills and any other degress. I just answered I am married and my wife is a permanent residence and her brother is a Canadian citizen.

Thank you again

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you so much!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp But in CIC calculator, it considers the situation and gives me extra 15 points while calculating the points with age 35, 3 years work exerience, master degree and L8.5, R7.5, S7.5 and W7. with no french skills and any other degress. I just answered I am married and my wife is a permanent residence and her brother is a Canadian citizen.

Thank you again

When you are married to a Canadian citizen or PR, you are considered as a 'Single' applicant for application purposes. You cannot claim points for her brother, as, she is not accompanying you.

The last question, in CRS calculator asks : 10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?.
DO NOTE: "(if they will come with you to Canada)"

You should ask her to sponsor you as a spouse. Your life will be much simpler.