+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife applied to TRV for twice, but both of them were rejected. Please help us

Samuel1331

Feb 15, 2015
I am doing my masters in Canada. I have a work permit which expires on December 1, 2015. I wanted to bring my wife to Canada for three weeks. Her visa has been rejected twice because of the following reasons. She completed her masters degree in August, 2014. She is working now.

1. Purpose of visit

We mentioned that we want to spend our honey moon and travel in Vancouver. Indeed, we got married on January, 2015 after long time of dating and being apart from each other. What else reason to mention can be the best for us?

2. Family ties in Canada and your home country

She is living with her parents and sisters now. Indeed, we don't have a baby to show a tie to our country. Only tie is our parents. Is there any way to show the ties and convince the visa officer that she will come back?

3. Personal assets and Financial status

She showed 7500CAD in her bank account. Is it enough? I have really no idea what else she can show since we are young and trying to built our lives. We don't have any assets under our names? Please help us what other options of assets can be strong enough to convince?

4. Travel History

She got new passport. Thus, she was not able to show her previous trips to Korea, Taiwan and Beijing. But, she attached her masters diploma to prove her travel history. But, they still ask travel history.

How about to say she will stay with me until I graduate in December, 2015, not for only three weeks? Or How is it to say she will attend any english course here?

Please help us. Thank you.

Samuel

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Seems that you don't quite understand why she was rejected neither the rejection reasons. I think that you first need to understand what is the problem before trying to look for a solution.

Samuel1331 said:
1. Purpose of visit

We mentioned that we want to spend our honey moon and travel in Vancouver. Indeed, we got married on January, 2015 after long time of dating and being apart from each other. What else reason to mention can be the best for us?
You need to provide evidence that the purpose of visit is legit. Itinerary, air tickets, hotel booking, etc.

It is not about "a reason".

Samuel1331 said:
2. Family ties in Canada and your home country

She is living with her parents and sisters now. Indeed, we don't have a baby to show a tie to our country. Only tie is our parents. Is there any way to show the ties and convince the visa officer that she will come back?
Why would you think a baby would show ties? Why would you think your parents are a tie?

Her husband is in Canada, she has recently start working, etc. She has to provide evidence that she has no reason to stay in Canada for the long term. Provide letter of a full time employment where she has been working for the last year. Provide evidence of properties or assets.

At the moment she has more reasons to immigrate to Canada than to stay where she is. You need to provide evidence that shows otherwise.

Samuel1331 said:
3. Personal assets and Financial status

She showed 7500CAD in her bank account. Is it enough? I have really no idea what else she can show since we are young and trying to built our lives. We don't have any assets under our names? Please help us what other options of assets can be strong enough to convince?
No much to do here.

Samuel1331 said:
4. Travel History

She got new passport. Thus, she was not able to show her previous trips to Korea, Taiwan and Beijing. But, she attached her masters diploma to prove her travel history. But, they still ask travel history.
Passport is not an issue, nether he trips.

She has to prove that she has travelled with you to other hard-to-get countries, for similar trips (a month in the USA, for example)

Samuel1331 said:
How about to say she will stay with me until I graduate in December, 2015, not for only three weeks? Or How is it to say she will attend any english course here?
Seems CIC guessed right, the visit was not genuine. A visit has to have a purpose, schedule and need. As you are being so flexible it is clear that she is not a genuine visitor, in fact you are just showing her ties to her homecountry are weak and that you both want to be together. Again, she is not a genuine visitor.

Your best option is to apply for an Open Work permit. She is your spouse, Canada understands you want to be together, so the correct way to do this is to apply for an Spousal Work Permit, as you don't need to show ties, neither financial support.

Good luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samuel1331 said:
You and your wife are definitely older than the child I met in China, who co-owns his apartment with his parents.

Jalex23 said:
You need to provide evidence that the purpose of visit is legit. Itinerary, air tickets, hotel booking, etc.
Air tickets and hotel bookings are not necessary. Explain what to do in Vancouver.

Samuel1331

Feb 15, 2015
Thank you guys. Some lawyers told me that it is harder to get Spouse Open Work Permit than TRV. That's why we are trying to apply to TRV again.

For Purpose of Visit,

We made an itinerary for our trip in Vancouver, then attached it to the application.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Samuel1331 said:
For Purpose of Visit,

We made an itinerary for our trip in Vancouver, then attached it to the application.
Yup, that should do it.

sriforpr

Jul 29, 2014
Hi Guys

I had a question here.

I am expecting my PR in April/May and i am currently on open work permit.

But I am planning to get married in June too.

What is the best option and process to bring my wife to canada keeping in mind she likes to work/study. please let me know

if you think the above is not a suitable option, do you suggest me to prepone my wedding so that i add her to my PR application and then bring her here on TRV and then get a work permit based on my work permit. please let me know

Reactions: Xang

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Samuel1331 said:
Thank you guys. Some lawyers told me that it is harder to get Spouse Open Work Permit than TRV. That's why we are trying to apply to TRV again.

For Purpose of Visit,

All the best.