+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY VISITOR VISA REFUSED, IS IT MY FAULT?

rsbkirat

Apr 9, 2013
HI EVERYONE,
I had applied for PR in Sept 2005 for Canada from NEW DELHI office and I got a file no and afterwards got a letter in Jan 2011 asking me whether I am still interested in PR. I did not answer to that letter because it said if you want to persue dont answer.
Last month I applied for a family Temporary visa as my brother in law is getting married in Canada and we wanted to visit many of our relatives as well who are well settled in canada.
We got proper Invitation letter and as my wife is permamnt Govt employee in India we got NOC from Govt as well. Bank statements, oue kids school proof, assets documents and many other supporting documents were attached. We were over confident that there should be no problem . In the covering letter for TRV I clearly mentioned that I had applied for PR and it was still under process.
TO the biggest surprise of my life our TRV was rejected. the reason for rejection was no previous travel history ( I wonder if u dont allow it for the first time to anyone no one can get TRV anytime), we were not able to proove our ties with India and VO was not convinced that we will return( inspite of the fact that my wife is having permanent govt job with handsome salary , I am running my own hospital, and we had plenty of assets and bank balance) . third reason was devastating, it said that we had lied about previous visa rejection. it said that my PR was rejected. I never got any communication from embassy that my PR was being rejected. I was not aware of this fact and unintentionally have been proven a lier. Then i got a news that all the applicants before 2008 are being rejected without any commuincation to the applicants. Now if that is my case, is it my fault? There is double injustice done to me, first they made me wait 8 yrs to decide on my PR and then rejected it without processing(maybe) and without any communication sent to me. More over my TRV is rejected to my mind based on this lie inspite of good documentary support. Is it my fault or destiny? How should I proceed if I want to reapply for TRV?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Travel History does mater a lot, many people in India build it up over the years with trips to Dubai, Bangkok, S'pore and new Fav China. If you apply as a first time to North America ( US, Canada ), its very tough
I don't think your PR is got to anything with it, travel history proves that you came back after your visit

This is a common refusal reason, you can try again but I suggest building up history as blank sheets with no stamps on PP are a drawback

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsbkirat said:
HI EVERYONE,
I had applied for PR in Sept 2005 for Canada from NEW DELHI office and I got a file no and afterwards got a letter in Jan 2011 asking me whether I am still interested in PR. I did not answer to that letter because it said if you want to persue dont answer.
Last month I applied for a family Temporary visa as my brother in law is getting married in Canada and we wanted to visit many of our relatives as well who are well settled in canada.
We got proper Invitation letter and as my wife is permamnt Govt employee in India we got NOC from Govt as well. Bank statements, oue kids school proof, assets documents and many other supporting documents were attached. We were over confident that there should be no problem . In the covering letter for TRV I clearly mentioned that I had applied for PR and it was still under process.
TO the biggest surprise of my life our TRV was rejected. the reason for rejection was no previous travel history ( I wonder if u dont allow it for the first time to anyone no one can get TRV anytime), we were not able to proove our ties with India and VO was not convinced that we will return( inspite of the fact that my wife is having permanent govt job with handsome salary , I am running my own hospital, and we had plenty of assets and bank balance) . third reason was devastating, it said that we had lied about previous visa rejection. it said that my PR was rejected. I never got any communication from embassy that my PR was being rejected. I was not aware of this fact and unintentionally have been proven a lier. Then i got a news that all the applicants before 2008 are being rejected without any commuincation to the applicants. Now if that is my case, is it my fault? There is double injustice done to me, first they made me wait 8 yrs to decide on my PR and then rejected it without processing(maybe) and without any communication sent to me. More over my TRV is rejected to my mind based on this lie inspite of good documentary support. Is it my fault or destiny? How should I proceed if I want to reapply for TRV?
Travel history is a generic reason they use for whatever purpose. Although having one does help, its not necessary. I would suggest you take each rejection point and address it when re-applying. For anything that you cannot provide documented proof, write a letter explaining it. for example, the lack of travel history overseas.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It is also my understanding that HAVING a travel history, especially for pleasure shows not only previous behaviour to return home, but is evidence of financial establishment - another tie to the home country.

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
is there any rule in Canada that we have to visit some other countries to build travel history without any reason?? if yes then its a wastage of money.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No rule but it raises a red flag with the VO as it show that this might be your first and possibly only trip, indicating that you don't intend to return home. On its own, it's probably not enough to get a rejection but other factors will become more important once the flag has been raised. Taken together with all the known factors, it is then up to the VO to make a judgement based on experience and knowledge of risk areas.

saleda

Feb 24, 2013
yes, now i understand its just a reason if we unable to convince visa officer with our ties that we will return back home.