+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa was denied today

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
Good day. My visa was denied based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
I don’t know why my visa was denied.i want to reapply but I don’t know what exactly to improve.
Here is my story of my application.
I come from Guinéa but I live in Botswana. My parents own a business here in Botswana and we have been living here for 13 years. I used my parents business bank account instead of a personal one to prove that they will finance my studies.
I have traveled history. I have been to China for 6 months.
Then Sierra Leone / Guinéa and South Africa.
I wrote a strong sop and I stated that I will return to Botswana after the completion of my course.
I also included this information on both my sop and the sponsorship letter from my mother. “I want to go study business administration in Canada then return to Botswana and manage my parents company. So I do have any intention to remain in Canada.”
Please advise me

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What's your immigration status in Botswana? Are you a permanent resident (or the equivalent) there?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Good day. My visa was denied based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
I don’t know why my visa was denied.i want to reapply but I don’t know what exactly to improve.
Here is my story of my application.
I come from Guinéa but I live in Botswana. My parents own a business here in Botswana and we have been living here for 13 years. I used my parents business bank account instead of a personal one to prove that they will finance my studies.
I have traveled history. I have been to China for 6 months.
Then Sierra Leone / Guinéa and South Africa.
I wrote a strong sop and I stated that I will return to Botswana after the completion of my course.
I also included this information on both my sop and the sponsorship letter from my mother. “I want to go study business administration in Canada then return to Botswana and manage my parents company. So I do have any intention to remain in Canada.”
Please advise me
Do you have citizenship or permanent residence status in Botswana? If you don't, then that is the problem. The VO is afraid that if you only have temporary status in Botswana, you might lose it when you return and so you won't return at all and just stay in Canada.
Also, strong travel history needs developed countries inside of it. China barely counts and other African nations doesn't count at all.

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
Ohh I see.
Yes I’m on a temporary residence. In Botswana you keep on renewing your permit. Plus my residence permit is valid for ten years so by then I would have graduated

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
What does the first reason mean mean. I’m not satisfied that you will Canada based on your purpose of your visit.
How can Improve that

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
They don't believe that you are a bonafide student. They think you're coming here on the pretext of being a student when actually you want to work/immigrate.

The way to overcome this is to show how the course you've chosen is directly linked to your prior studies and work experience. And how it will further your career. This goes in your SoP. I know you said you've written a strong SOP, but it's obviously not a strong SOP.

Paste it here along with your profile (prior studies/work) and we can give you some feedback.

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
I applied for bachelor degree .I recently graduated high school .Bachelor of Arts with a major of business administration

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
Here is my sop
Statement of purpose
I am Mamadou Lamarana Bah. I would like to introduce myself as a business enthusiastic person as I come from a family business background, and i plan to join the family businesses after my graduation. There comes a stage in each and every student’s life when he has to make a choice of his career. I have a great interest in studying business and its fundamentals because my family has been in this field for years and having their own companies, this will allow me to work for them after my graduation and take their businesses to the next level.
My intended degree is Bachelor of art with a major in Business Administration. My interest in business administration stemmed from my childhood seeing my Father, Mother, uncle and aunt manage their businesses. When I was in grade 12, we had a project in development studies. The objective of the project was to innovate a product, sell and earn profit which would then be used to develop the school infrastructure.
We were a team of sixteen students. We were divided into different departments and I was chosen as the financial manager. My duties were to focus on the cash flows, the inflows and outflows of cash. It was my responsibility to make sure that cash was always available when needed. Today I am proud to say that my team did a very outstanding job which also inspired me to study business administration.
I strongly believe that the Universities in Canada would give me opportunities that I would never have in my country. First of all schools across Canada are recognized for their bankable business programs which focuses on international relations training. Secondly Canada is at the heart of international business deal and it also has a booming economy. Studying in Canada will not only equip me the skills necessary to better understand market and its movement but it will also intensify my communication and leadership skills.
I chose Brandon University because it is the most affordable school for my aunt who is sponsoring me. Brandon University offers small class sizes which will encourage me to interact with the lecturers more often leading to better performance. Studying in Brandon will be a privilege to my current experience and I am assured it will enable me to look towards a brighter future.
Ultimately, after completion of my bachelor degree in Canada, I intend to return to Botswana with the outstanding skillset to work at my aunt’s company. Last year, after the funeral of my father, we had discussed and agreed that she would fund my studies and I would return the favour by working for her company. This agreement is clearly stated on the financial letter which was written and signed by my aunt. The letter has also been legalized at an attorney which means failure to return after my graduation will result into serious punishment. At the end my only goal is to be successful and dynamic by taking both my mother and aunt’s business to the next level.
I have attached the certificate of incorporation of both my mother and aunt’s company to prove that they are running registered businesses in Botswana. Their business bank statements and financial letters has also been attached. The financial letter from my aunt states that she will finance all educational, living, health, and personal expenses until the completion of my course. This means for the first year of my study, she will sponsor me approximately twenty six thousand Canadian Dollars. The financial letter from my mother states that she will sponsor me six thousand Canadian dollars annually until the completion of my course. So in total I will be having approximately thirty one thousand Canadian dollars.
Therefore, in view of the above. I request you to grant me a study permit. If you have any questions or require further clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joy-c

Jul 2, 2019
Hi, please want to find out if you submitted your aunt's birth certificate along with yours and also if you submitted your aunt's personal bank statement or her company's bank statement because I got rejected too just want to know exactly what was wrong. Thanks

Lamz

Jul 26, 2019
Yes. I did submit her passport along side her business bank statement and a sponsorship letter from her

Joy-c

Jul 2, 2019
Yes. I did submit her passport along side her business bank statement and a sponsorship letter from her
I've been rejected twice already.
Which office handled your application? Mine was Paris, France. I said I was going to come back to work for my uncle too. Maybe they think we are using it as a trick to get the visa or something.