+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa got rejected. How do I prevent that from happening again?

madarasi012

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

First-time poster here, so bear with me. I applied for my student visa on the 24th of October and had it rejected on the 20th of November. Under reasons, the 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:' box was checked, followed by 'purpose of visit' box being checked.

I assume the problem lies with my statement of purpose; however, I've clearly mentioned that I will be returning from Canada upon completion of my school year and, furthermore, my course does not allow me to apply for a PGWP, so I don't understand the reasons for rejection. No other reason is marked, so I think it's safe to say that the rest of my documents are in order. I would love any assistance on what I should do prior to reapplying.

Grezel

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah, my husband's first application was also rejected for same reason...what we did is we created and submitted a letter that explains that he will really leave Canada after his work for 2 years, just use strong assurance words to convince the officer, my friend in Canada (who has ben denied for 3 times) advised us to send the letter for his reapplication and luckily after 9 weeks we got the approved VISA for him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

First-time poster here, so bear with me. I applied for my student visa on the 24th of October and had it rejected on the 20th of November. Under reasons, the 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:' box was checked, followed by 'purpose of visit' box being checked.

I assume the problem lies with my statement of purpose; however, I've clearly mentioned that I will be returning from Canada upon completion of my school year and, furthermore, my course does not allow me to apply for a PGWP, so I don't understand the reasons for rejection. No other reason is marked, so I think it's safe to say that the rest of my documents are in order. I would love any assistance on what I should do prior to reapplying.
You need to provide more info. The purpose of visit refusal reason can mean many different things and the problem isn't just necessarily with your SOP. What course were you planning on taking in Canada? What are your previous studies and any work experience?

Reactions: Hrjsingh

Urspankaj

Nov 22, 2018
My visa is refused.i am 2017 passout with 83% in commerce.ielts score (L-6.5 S-5.5 W-6 R-6).I also pay ons year fees and gic .plz help me.
Reason.
Based on your language abilities, travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country I am not satisfied
that you would depart Canada at the end of the authorized stay.plz help me.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You need to get at least 6 in your IELTS. If you can't speak English very well, how do you think you are going to pass a course that will be done in English?
You need to provide ALL documents that you provided. Did you send an SOP? Did you give strong ties to your home country? Have you traveled?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi all,

Did you give reasons why you would leave Canada at the end of your course, like a job, family, property? Just saying you will come back doesn't really work.

Urspankaj

Nov 22, 2018
You need to get at least 6 in your IELTS. If you can't speak English very well, how do you think you are going to pass a course that will be done in English?
You need to provide ALL documents that you provided. Did you send an SOP? Did you give strong ties to your home country? Have you traveled?
But i have 6 overall. Yes i provided sop also

Urspankaj

Nov 22, 2018
Doesnt matter. 5.5 is too low in speaking.
I filed my applicatin under non sds.one of my friend got his visa with 5.5 in two modules.i dont understand any particular reason.i also peovided all documnts in checklist.plz tell me what i should do?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I filed my applicatin under non sds.one of my friend got his visa with 5.5 in two modules.i dont understand any particular reason.plz tell me what i should do?
They were very lucky. Do it again as 5.5 is too low....thats what you should do. Its in the reasons they gave you. Tell us what documents you sent as well

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Gap doesn't matter. What is your travel history? What were your ties to your home country. You really need to answer all my questions or we can't even try to help

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
There is your issue then. The CIC are looking for travel go countries you need a visa for. They are looking at your application questioning why you want to go to Canada when you havnt been anywhere else. Saying you live with your family isnot showing strong home ties. I would suggest waiting a few years and rectifying these reasons first.

Urspankaj

Nov 22, 2018
There is your issue then. The CIC are looking for travel go countries you need a visa for. They are looking at your application questioning why you want to go to Canada when you havnt been anywhere else. Saying you live with your family isnot showing strong home ties. I would suggest waiting a few years and rectifying these reasons first.
Ok thanks