+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa got rejected. How do I prevent that from happening again?

madarasi012

Nov 20, 2018
You need to provide more info. The purpose of visit refusal reason can mean many different things and the problem isn't just necessarily with your SOP. What course were you planning on taking in Canada? What are your previous studies and any work experience?
I was planning on doing the Writing For Flim, Television, & Games in Vancouver Film School. I have completed my undergrad in biotechnology, and worked for about 10 months as an editor and a English trainer.

madarasi012

Nov 20, 2018
Did you give reasons why you would leave Canada at the end of your course, like a job, family, property? Just saying you will come back doesn't really work.
No, I wasn't particularly specific. I am currently rewriting my SOP to reflect that my family is here and that I have a few offers on the table should I complete my course in Vancouver.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
No, I wasn't particularly specific. I am currently rewriting my SOP to reflect that my family is here and that I have a few offers on the table should I complete my course in Vancouver.
When you say you have offers on the table, what do you mean?

madarasi012

Nov 20, 2018
When you say you have offers on the table, what do you mean?
My family and I are working to secure assurances from local production houses that I will be able to work with them when I complete my course. Failing that, I can mention that my mother runs a skills academy and I aim to use my knowledge gained from VFS to set up a course in her academy for those who cannot afford the high cost of an abroad education. Failing that, my last backup is to state that my friend, who is currently living here, having completed his Master's in the USA, and I are planning on starting a gaming company (he's a programmer) and what I learn from there will prove beneficial to the company.

Is that too much?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
My family and I are working to secure assurances from local production houses that I will be able to work with them when I complete my course. Failing that, I can mention that my mother runs a skills academy and I aim to use my knowledge gained from VFS to set up a course in her academy for those who cannot afford the high cost of an abroad education. Failing that, my last backup is to state that my friend, who is currently living here, having completed his Master's in the USA, and I are planning on starting a gaming company (he's a programmer) and what I learn from there will prove beneficial to the company.

Is that too much?
As long as those things are not in Canada thats fine, but none of them are really concrete are they. They are just really ideas. You need something concrete to use as a reason. So if you get an offer in writing from the production companies to prove it is happening that would be good. I'm not doubting you but CIC will look at those ideas the same way

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
My visa is refused.i am 2017 passout with 83% in commerce.ielts score (L-6.5 S-5.5 W-6 R-6).I also pay ons year fees and gic .plz help me.
Reason.
Based on your language abilities, travel history, personal establishment and ties to home country I am not satisfied
that you would depart Canada at the end of the authorized stay.plz help me.
your commerce scores are really good. Its the IELTS that is a problem. minimum 6 is required.