+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa designation is different from job title

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
hi @13nitinsharma please if you can shed some light on this point
If your reference letter covers job duties, compensation details, start/end date, job titles, working hours and other required details with authorized signatory, then there are no issues.

If you dont have salary slips, you should have submitted salary credited bank statements to show the proof of your salary transactions (3 per year).

Moreover, submitting tax documents also strengthen your documentation part. See if you can provide salary increment and promotion letters (if any).

Reactions: crs350onip

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
@ammad88, need your advice on below matter:
- my ex employer closed down a division of a group of companies i worked for more than 3 years.
- my ex employer didnot provided me the experience letter.
- visa designation is ARCHIVE CLERK however the actual designation was Network Engineer.
- no payslips provided to me during whole employment period.

I only have below documents:
- received experience letter from Ministry of Labour, Dubai, UAE but with visa designation.
- received reference letter from my direct manager.

will this be sufficient to claim experience for this tenure ?

please reply.
Hey there,

If you are still in touch with your ex-employer then try to obtain the reference letter from him, otherwise from your department head, HR or whoever had the access to issue the official LOR on the company letterhead.

If, its not possible to get the LOR printed on the company letterhead, then you can get a customized LOR on the plain paper (an affidavit) declared by your immediate Manager or Colleague, who had worked with you during that employment period. It should be duly attested and notarized along with a copy of the business card, employee ID of the declarer.

Note: Reference Letter of an employee must contain the following details:

- Employee ID number (if any)
- Employee Name
- Company Name
- Designation
- Work Tenure
- Working Hours (per week / per month)
- Annual Compensation
- Job Duties

If any of the above mentioned detail such as: Salary, Work Hours, Different job positions etc., is missing then you're supposed to include the supporting documents in order to validate your claim regarding that factor.
(The supporting documents are - Offer Letter, Joining Letter, Payslips, Salary Certificate, Salary Increment Letter, Promotion Letter, Form-16, ITR etc.)

Moreover, as you have mentioned that your company is already closed, so I believe there would be some official announcement, legal agreement or any news regarding that. Try to obtain these documents and append it along with your employment docs. You may also ask your ex-employer for these things or get it mentioned on the Reference Letter by him. Get it all done and you're good enough to go.

Hope it would help you. :)

Last edited:

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hey there,

If you are still in touch with your ex-employer then try to obtain the reference letter from him, otherwise from your department head, HR or whoever had the access to issue the official LOR on the company letterhead.

If, its not possible to get the LOR printed on the company letterhead, then you can get a customized LOR on the plain paper (an affidavit) declared by your immediate Manager or Colleague, who had worked with you during that employment period. It should be duly attested and notarized along with a copy of the business card, employee ID of the declarer.

Note: Reference Letter of an employee must contain the following details:

- Employee ID number (if any)
- Employee Name
- Company Name
- Designation
- Work Tenure
- Working Hours (per week / per month)
- Annual Compensation
- Job Duties

If any of the above mentioned detail such as: Salary, Work Hours, Different job positions etc., is missing then you're supposed to include the supporting documents in order to validate your claim regarding that factor.
(The supporting documents are - Offer Letter, Joining Letter, Payslips, Salary Certificate, Salary Increment Letter, Promotion Letter, Form-16, ITR etc.)

Moreover, as you have mentioned that your company is already closed, so I believe there would be some official announcement, legal agreement or any news regarding that. Try to obtain these documents and append it along with your employment docs. You may also ask your ex-employer for these things or get it mentioned on the Reference Letter by him. Get it all done and you're good enough to go.

Hope it would help you. :)
thanks for the detailed feedback.
If I am bot able to get reference letter notarized, will it be accepted ?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
thanks for the detailed feedback.
If I am bot able to get reference letter notarized, will it be accepted ?
If you're unable to get the reference letter officially, then it has to be obtained legally (that means duly attested by the notary personnels) otherwise it won't be accepted!

Reactions: crs350onip