Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Dear Friends,

Let me share my or our Landing experience in Vancouver. Even though we might end up living in Toronto we decided to make a landing in Vancouver as my wife had few friends in Vancouver (As she did her graduation there) and wanted to use this trip to visit them too. It was a very short trip as we wanted to land and do all the obligations in few days and head back to Asia to finalise my exit plan and move permanently in 4 - 5 months time.

So me and my wife landed in Vancouver on the 30th June 2012 (Saturday) at around 10.30 a.m. Even though it was a long flight through Narita we were so excited and at the same time a bit nervous not knowing how the landing procedures might go through. We got of the plane and proceeded to the immigration counter. we started queuing up on the "New Immigrants line" and when our turn came we went to the lady CBSA officer and there was the shock . Whenever I think of immigration all that comes to my mind is the unfriendly, stiff, rude Immigration officers of various countries and this was nothing like that, the CBSA lady was so kind, polite, friendly and asked us to proceed to an area where some processing needs to be done.

Then we went to this room where we were welcomed by an NGO C.A.N.N. which explained about few services available for new comers and gave us some brochures to read and advised us to go to the counter for processing the PR Card. This is where we came across the CBSA Officers who asked us few procedural questions but at the same time super friendly and polite. The CBSA officer filled our PR application form (All we did was sign some areas and give them a local address), They didn't even ask for POF (proof of funds) but then I volunteered with the information that I have some money and they filled in all the required forms again and all we did is just sign.

They didn't even ask about any goods we are carrying or what would be following? any way we didn't have much along with us and nothing to follow. Over all the procedures of landing was so much easier and effortless than to buy a SIM card in my country of origin. All the Officers so friendly and polite. You can hear "Welcome to Canada" so many times. From the time we queued up till the finishing of the landing procedure it took a maximum of 15 minutes (Which would be easily the time you would be waiting for your luggage to arrive) then picked up the luggage and went to the hotel through the Metro Train "The Canada Line".

As we Landed on a Saturday and being Sunday & Monday a public holiday due to Canada Day we decided to go to a bank which opened on Saturday. We reached the bank on Saturday late afternoon and made a appointment to meet the branch manager on the 3rd July which was a Tuesday and we did. We went back to Tuesday had a meeting with the branch manager and she was so honest in explaining the different plan which might suit us and why its good to open an bank account when we come back permanently in few months time.

we also applied for SIN card which was an another fun experience and took 5 minutes of our time. We haven't applied for medicals yet as we wanted to do that when we permanently move here few months time.

even though we where there only for 4 days we could do a lot of stuff like visiting Vancouver Island, Victoria e.t.c in the limited time because the procedures are so easy , Public transport is brilliant and people or so friendly. I haven't seen a friendly bus drivers anywhere else in this world.

I didn't have much time to see how the job market is, But what I learnt from conversations with the locals is that there are jobs , you just have to learn how to get that e.g : Networking is one key area to find a job. And for people in my industry which is Hospitality it is very encouraging.

There are some people in this forum who are negative about weather, job market e.t.c regarding weather, yes Canada might have some severe winter but its not a third world country. most of the places have heaters and makes your life very comfortable. Regarding Jobs, if you are ready to be positive and give it a strong push in the first 3 months I am sure you can make it . The Key is to know people and talk to people and get connections. The other key is to integrate into the society. It will make life much easier. Again Getting a PR through immigration is not a "Right" its a "Privilege".

We left Vancouver on the 4th July for Asia but the shocking memories of Friendly Immigrations officers, Bus drivers, Waiters e.t.c lingers in our mind so much that we can't wait to head back again to Canada sooner than we thought.

This is our experience in Vancouver but don't know whether Toronto is different? might be . but who cares as every city in this world has a pro's and con's and I am sure Toronto will live up to our exception as Vancouver did in its own way.

regards
charlie

Reactions: Rockyoak

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Good to hear something so positive and encouraging.
Many thanks for taking time and sharing your wonderful experience.

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
canada1234 said:
Congrats!
Thanks Canada 1234, best wishes for your PR :)

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Harri said:
Good to hear something so positive and encouraging.
Many thanks for taking time and sharing your wonderful experience.
Thanks a lot Harri and best wishes on your process :)

cyma

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 25, 2009
Doc's Request.
February 3, 2010
Med's Request
March 8,2012
Med's Done....
April 4,2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 received on October 18 (Alhumdolilah).........PPR2 received on November 16 (Alhumdolilah)
LANDED..........
InshaAllah this year or early 2013
When I see the title I was lil shocked with the word “Shocking”
But when I read the whole post I found it very descriptive and nicely written
Congratulation!!!
And very best of luck for your future endeavor

Best Regards
Cyma

andreagail999 said:
Dear Friends,

Let me share my or our Landing experience in Vancouver. Even though we might end up living in Toronto we decided to make a landing in Vancouver as my wife had few friends in Vancouver (As she did her graduation there) and wanted to use this trip to visit them too. It was a very short trip as we wanted to land and do all the obligations in few days and head back to Asia to finalise my exit plan and move permanently in 4 - 5 months time.

So me and my wife landed in Vancouver on the 30th June 2012 (Saturday) at around 10.30 a.m. Even though it was a long flight through Narita we were so excited and at the same time a bit nervous not knowing how the landing procedures might go through. We got of the plane and proceeded to the immigration counter. we started queuing up on the "New Immigrants line" and when our turn came we went to the lady CBSA officer and there was the shock . Whenever I think of immigration all that comes to my mind is the unfriendly, stiff, rude Immigration officers of various countries and this was nothing like that, the CBSA lady was so kind, polite, friendly and asked us to proceed to an area where some processing needs to be done.

Then we went to this room where we were welcomed by an NGO C.A.N.N. which explained about few services available for new comers and gave us some brochures to read and advised us to go to the counter for processing the PR Card. This is very we came across the CBSA Officers who asked us few procedural questions but at the same time super friendly and polite. The CBSA officer filled our PR application form (All we did was sign some areas and give them a local address), They didn't even ask for POF (proof of funds) but then volunteered with the information that I have some money and they filled in all the required forms again and all we did is just to sign.

They didn't even ask any goods we are carrying or what would be following? any ways we didn't have much along with us and nothing to follow. Over all the procedures of landing was so much easier and effortless than to buy a SIM card in my country of origin. All the Officers so friendly and polite. You can hear "Welcome to Canada" so many times. From the time we queued up till the finishing of the landing procedure it took a maximum of 15 minutes (Which would be easily the time you would be waiting for your luggage to arrive) then picked up the luggage and went to the hotel through the Metro Train "The Canada Line".

As we Landed on a Saturday and being Sunday & Monday a public holiday due to Canada Day we decided to go to a bank which opened on Saturday. We reached the bank on Saturday late afternoon and made a appointment to meet the branch manager on the 3rd July which was a Tuesday and we did. We went back to Tuesday had a meeting with the branch manager and she was so honest in explaining the different plan which might suit us and why its good to open an bank account when we come back permanently in few months time.

we also applied for SIN card which was an another fun experience and took 5 minutes of our time. We haven't apply for medicals yet as we wanted to do that when we permanently move here few months time.

even though we where there only for 4 days we could do a lot of stuff like visiting Vancouver Island, Victoria e.t.c in the limited time because the procedures are so easy , Public transport is brilliant and people or so friendly. I haven't seen a friendly bus drivers anywhere else.

I didn't have much time to see how the job market is, But what I learnt from conversations with the locals is that there are jobs , you just have to learn how to get that e.g : Networking is one key area to find a job. And for people in my industry which is Hospitality it is very encouraging.

There are some people in this forum who are negative about weather, job market e.t.c regarding weather, yes Canada might have some severe winter but its not a third world country. most of the places have heaters and makes your life very comfortable. Regarding Jobs, if you are ready to be positive and give it a strong push in the first 3 months I am sure you can make it . The Key is to know people and talk to people and get connections. The other key is to integrate into the society. It will make life much easier. Again Getting a PR through immigration is not a "Right" its a "Privilege".

We left Vancouver on the 4th July for Asia but the shocking memories of Friendly Immigrations officers, Bus drivers, Waiters e,t,c lingers in our mind so much that we can't wait to head back again to Canada sooner than we thought.

This is our experience in Vancouver but don't know whether Toronto is different? might be . but who cares as every city in this world has a pro's and con's and I am sure Toronto will live up to our exception as Vancouver did in its own way.

regards
charlie

nand kishor

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6242 COOK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25TH MAY 2011
Doc's Request.
20TH JULY 2011
AOR Received.
17TH AUG 2011
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
16TH JAN 2012
Med's Done....
24TH JAN 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5TH JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
received PP on 7th july 2012
LANDED..........
15 july 2012
thanks for sharing ur wonderful experience.....

good luck

ritaritzie

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged - January 16, 2015
andreagail999 said:
Dear Friends,

Then we went to this room where we were welcomed by an NGO C.A.N.N. which explained about few services available for new comers and gave us some brochures to read and advised us to go to the counter for processing the PR Card. This is very we came across the CBSA Officers who asked us few procedural questions but at the same time super friendly and polite. The CBSA officer filled our PR application form (All we did was sign some areas and give them a local address), They didn't even ask for POF (proof of funds) but then volunteered with the information that I have some money and they filled in all the required forms again and all we did is just to sign.

They didn't even ask any goods we are carrying or what would be following? any ways we didn't have much along with us and nothing to follow. Over all the procedures of landing was so much easier and effortless than to buy a SIM card in my country of origin. All the Officers so friendly and polite. You can hear "Welcome to Canada" so many times. From the time we queued up till the finishing of the landing procedure it took a maximum of 15 minutes (Which would be easily the time you would be waiting for your luggage to arrive) then picked up the luggage and went to the hotel through the Metro Train "The Canada Line".

we also applied for SIN card which was an another fun experience and took 5 minutes of our time. We haven't apply for medicals yet as we wanted to do that when we permanently move here few months time.

even though we where there only for 4 days we could do a lot of stuff like visiting Vancouver Island, Victoria e.t.c in the limited time because the procedures are so easy , Public transport is brilliant and people or so friendly. I haven't seen a friendly bus drivers anywhere else.

We left Vancouver on the 4th July for Asia but the shocking memories of Friendly Immigrations officers, Bus drivers, Waiters e,t,c lingers in our mind so much that we can't wait to head back again to Canada sooner than we thought.

regards
charlie
wow so awesome experience..it actually triggers my excitement..We'll be landing in Vancouver soon....Thanx for this sharing....

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
cyma said:
When I see the title I was lil shocked with the word “Shocking”
But when I read the whole post I found it very descriptive and nicely written
Congratulation!!!
And very best of luck for your future endeavor

Best Regards
Cyma
Thanks Cyma for your kind words and wish you all the best:)

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
mahsum said:
Wonderful true story and excellent writing.
Thanks Mahsum

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Our story is also similar... Canadians are very honest and friendly people, once I was visiting a consultant in Toronto and during my discussion I was opening my bag to take out my CV, the consultant noticed Passports kept inside my bag and politely told me "that I should not be carrying important documents such as PPs or other stuff along... I still remember his words... "you know what!! some people have bad habits!! (referring to thugs who may otherwise snatch or steal, although that's quit uncommon for Canada).

The other instance was when we were at Go Transit heading for Niagara Falls, it was raining heavily with strong winds that day! I had already bought tickets and was looking for customer service rep to know the station details. I saw this CSR and she was so polite that after providing me station details, she told be that "its really a bad weather and visiting Niagara won't be a good idea, and kids won't be enjoying it" she didn't wanted to force her opinion but the way she talked to us with a lot of concern, persuaded us to return the tickets with the help of the same CSR she took us to a counter to help us in getting a full refund.

When I inquired about other options to visit Niagara she took us to a tour operator and ensured that we get all the details, we visited the Niagara after a few days with the same tour operator and it was once in a life time visit, thanks to that Go Transit CSR!!

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
nand kishor said:
thanks for sharing ur wonderful experience.....

good luck
Thanks and good luck to you too