+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Title is SQL BI Developer , Can anyone help me with NOC Code

Kpkumar713

Sep 23, 2019
Can I someone please help me clarifying my noc:
Design, develop and support databases, data marts, data dictionaries and metadata repositories
Lead data preparation activities including exploration, cleansing, validation, integration, transformation, and aggregation of data
Design and implement technical enhancements to the enterprise data warehouse, including database design, ETL processes, access and security
Develop of ETL processes and re-usable packages according to standards reflecting industry-specific best practices
Develop SQL queries and complex SQL joins, triggers and stored procedures
Participate in the analysis and resolution of issues related to information content, data integrity, integration, and performance
Conduct proactive database monitoring to identify performance improvement opportunities
Work as part of an application development team; create structured code for integration into larger systems, as well as documentation for ongoing maintenance in production environments
Work closely with Data Architects, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts and Business Intelligence Consultants
Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020
Hey Kumar....could you let me know which NOC did u use to apply. I heard NOC 2172 has been rejected for some ETL/BI/DATA WAREHOUSE developers. I am guessing 2173 would be the most appropriate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kpkumar713

Sep 23, 2019
Hi , I have used the NOC code 2172 as I am BI developer and I haven’t seen any cases which got rejected based on the noc codes.. most of the cases I see are based on the POF

isenhiem

Jan 2, 2020
Hi , I have used the NOC code 2172 as I am BI developer and I haven’t seen any cases which got rejected based on the noc codes.. most of the cases I see are based on the POF
Thanks for the quick response Kumar. Really appreciate your time. I am an Informatica developer and the reason I am a bit skeptical about 2172 as its mostly for Database analyst and database administrator. Also here is the link I was referring to earlier:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-letter-for-canada-immigration.543140/

But nonetheless I have also heard that if the job responsibilities match the NOC to about 70% then we can include a letter of explanation to inform why we chose that NOC. Do let me know your thoughts and has which stage of the application process are you in right now?

Thanks a lot.

anshad.ca

Aug 22, 2020
Hello All - For those whose applications has already been processed may I know which NOC should I choose for ETL Developer - Informatica . I am assuming NOC 2172. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks.