+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Timeline: Registered Nurse BC PNP

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hello everyone! Im new to this site and this would be my first post. I would like to post my details for the benefit of others.

January 2008 Submitted CRNBC application and at the same time looking for Canadian employer.
March 2008 Pre-assessment letter received from CRNBC asking me a copy of the retake scores of Tests 3 and 5 of the
June 2006 NLE.
April 2008 Assessed and made eligible with CRNBC.
June 2008 Interview with the employer over the phone.
July 2008 Received Job Offer thru email.
August 2008 Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) application started.
October 1, 2008 PNP application sent to Ministry of Economic Development for nomination by Health Match BC.
October 14, 2008 Successful nomination from the Province of British Columbia as provincial nominee.
October 27, 2008 Received an e-mail telling me of the successful nomination.
November 3, 2008 Received Permanent Residence application package from BC PNP Office.
November 10, 2008 Visa Application sent to Canadian Embassy, Manila. (Work Permit & Permanent Residence Applications).
Payment made thru manager's check and bank draft. Work Permit – Php 6,300 ($150 CAD), Permanent
Residence – Php 22,000 ($550 CAD).
November 12, 2008 All documents were returned and received notice of incorrect payment processing fee.
(Effective November 10, 2008, the processing fee for work permit is Php 6,000.00 equivalent to $150 CAD
due to currency fluctuation.

November 15, 2008 Documents resent to Canadian Embassy, Manila.
December 5, 2008 Received notice for Medicals from the Embassy.
December 8, 2008 Medicals completed.
P R E S E N T WAITING

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
Hi breech... can you tell me how long have you been working as RN in the Philippines? Did you work there as a nurse or NA? Did you have work experience in other countries?

My brother has just graduated nursing in EAC and is waiting for the result of his board exam, which should be out in March. I'm a PR in BC and want to help my brother get registered here. The reason I asked for the questions above is to have an idea of his chances in passing the assessment in CRNBC.

Your help is much appreciated- thanks!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
I had only 6 mos experience as an ICU nurse trainee. Im not a care aid here in philippines. Your brother must submit his credentials to CRNBC before a decision will be made to take CRNE. Some of my friends were required to take SEC in Kwantlen University in Surrey before they can take the CRNE. In my case, I was not required.

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
English proficiency test is one of the requirements before you will made eligible to take CRNE.

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
CRNE is taken only in Canada. Ill take that once I get there. You can have an employer even though you havent taken the CRNE. AT least you're eligible to take it.

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
bailavida, like I said, your brother has to have 350 hours experience working in a Canadian hospital before he takes the CRNE.... that means he's already working in BC even before he takes the test. :) All the employer needs for them to hire him on an Interim Permit is that CRNBC says he's eligible to take the CRNE.

breech, can you tell me more about what your friends who were required to take the SEC will do? I am required to take the SEC as well, and I do not know what to do AFTER taking the SEC. Obviously, I can come back home but considering the fare, that is the very last option. If you could, read up on my thread here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/confused-plans-t13515.0.html;new#new

Thanks!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
avkon, i cant send you a pm because it says its already full. But anyway, you may wish to visit allnurses.com. There are a lot of people there who were required by CRNBC to undergo SEC.

Good luck!

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
breech said:
Hello everyone! Im new to this site and this would be my first post. I would like to post my details for the benefit of others.

January 2008 Submitted CRNBC application and at the same time looking for Canadian employer.
March 2008 Pre-assessment letter received from CRNBC asking me a copy of the retake scores of Tests 3 and 5 of the
June 2006 NLE.
April 2008 Assessed and made eligible with CRNBC.
June 2008 Interview with the employer over the phone.
July 2008 Received Job Offer thru email.
August 2008 Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) application started.
October 1, 2008 PNP application sent to Ministry of Economic Development for nomination by Health Match BC.
October 14, 2008 Successful nomination from the Province of British Columbia as provincial nominee.
October 27, 2008 Received an e-mail telling me of the successful nomination.
November 3, 2008 Received Permanent Residence application package from BC PNP Office.
November 10, 2008 Visa Application sent to Canadian Embassy, Manila. (Work Permit & Permanent Residence Applications).
Payment made thru manager's check and bank draft. Work Permit – Php 6,300 ($150 CAD), Permanent
Residence – Php 22,000 ($550 CAD).
November 12, 2008 All documents were returned and received notice of incorrect payment processing fee.
(Effective November 10, 2008, the processing fee for work permit is Php 6,000.00 equivalent to $150 CAD
due to currency fluctuation.

November 15, 2008 Documents resent to Canadian Embassy, Manila.
December 5, 2008 Received notice for Medicals from the Embassy.
December 8, 2008 Medicals completed.
January 16, 2009 AOR received from the embassy in connection of my permanent residence application asking me to provide
original educational documents, employment certificates, Cert of no marriage (CENOMAR from NSO) and RPRF (P19,500)

westpoint

Champion Member
Jan 1, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-27-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-21-11
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
submitted along with the application package...
File Transfer...
Med's Request
....01-02-2012
Med's Done....
....13-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi Breech,

what type of IELTS did you take, general or academic? i send you pm. thanks!

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
For things like these, ACADEMIC IELTS is required. IIRC, General is only for plain-and-simple immigrants, the one where they require showmoney.

breech, glad to see your application is moving. Congrats and good luck. PM sent too.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong, as far as I know you need general not the academic ielts. Academic ielts is only needed if one wishes to study in a university and academic is the one needed if general purposes such as working in an english speaking country or for immigration purposes.

AVKON

Jan 6, 2009
I think you can take General for some types of work and for immigration, but you'd need Academic if you plan to study or for jobs in healthcare.

I'm not really sure of the specifics, but I am SURE you need Academic if you plan to work as a nurse and I am SURE you only need General if you are immigrating.

What I am also sure of is that if you have the General test, you will have to take Academic should the job require you to, but if you have the Academic, you won't have to take the General test anymore... so why not save yourself the headache and just take the Academic IELTS? They only differ in the Writing part anyway.

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello !!!

Hey man...

Can you please let me know that how come I get the full member access as I applied under the NOC 7216 now 7301 on 23rd Feb, 2012, File received on 1st march 2012 & got my PER on 29th March,2012..

Thanks a lot.

Warm Regards

Rawlin