+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my test and interveiw on 1st oct

yuvi g

Aug 15, 2015
hi there i have one question my test and interveiw on 1st oct.i am not doing any work right now so i just wanna ask its going to be problem in interview that iam not working plz give answer thankn u

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it won't be a problem.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
yuvi g said:
hi there i have one question my test and interveiw on 1st oct.i am not doing any work right now so i just wanna ask its going to be problem in interview that iam not working plz give answer thankn u
It shouldn't be a problem. I guess you have you old abd current passports available? They might want to check them and make sure you were in Canada in this period.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asked where I work and how long I've been working . It's seems to be a fairly common ask from the CIC agents. However, it should not in any way make you nervous. Just be prepared to give an answer that makes sense in case you're asked. The point is, if you're not working what are you currently doing or what do you intend to do next. That's what you need to be thinking about and tell the truth. Otherwise don't worry you've come this far to mess up. Good luck friend.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
IllaBee said:
I was asked where I work and how long I've been working . It's seems to be a fairly common ask from the CIC agents. However, it should not in any way make you nervous. Just be prepared to give an answer that makes sense in case you're asked. The point is, if you're not working what are you currently doing or what do you intend to do next. That's what you need to be thinking about and tell the truth. Otherwise don't worry you've come this far to mess up. Good luck friend.
I agree with this. Just say you're actively looking for work and that with your experience etc you're confident it won't be a problem and that Canada is your home now and you're familiar with the job market and how it works. That's really the key that you intend to make Canada home. However, I'd be interested to hear/see what other people say about this as well as it's a good question.

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Hi Yuvi when you do your interview please let us know what happens when they ask about employment status as I'm curious (and maybe others too :)).

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuvi g said:
thank u very much everyone
you're welcome. Oh and the other thing to keep in mind is that, you have to know the answers you gave in your application. I overhead one lady got asked what she was doing in year XXXX...she actually was blank and couldn't remember. That opened a window for other questions that am sure she was not ready for. I can't tell you how her interview ended as I was finished in a few minutes while she was still being interviewed. So, take my word for it. Look through the PDF copy of your citizenship application that I hope still have on your computer and just familiarize yourself with the answers you gave to some questions particularly for employment, physical presence and travel history. Very important!

Assuming you were working at company X when you were filling the form, the CIC agent will surely ask if you're still at company X or if you were in school or not working or whatever information you filled in. Basically, any answers that you give at the interview should not differ from your application with the exception of employment. People, quit work, get fired or terminated for various reasons so it's not an issue. Again, just give a sensible answer if/when asked. I like this recommendation by: Lux et Veritas : Just say you're actively looking for work and that with your experience etc. you're confident it won't be a problem and that Canada is your home now and you're familiar with the job market and how it works. That's really the key that you intend to make Canada home.
Lastly my friend, DO NOT VOLUNTEER ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED ABOUT.

yuvi g

Aug 15, 2015
IllaBee said:
you're welcome. Oh and the other thing to keep in mind is that, you have to know the answers you gave in your application. I overhead one lady got asked what she was doing in year XXXX...she actually was blank and couldn't remember. That opened a window for other questions that am sure she was not ready for. I can't tell you how her interview ended as I was finished in a few minutes while she was still being interviewed. So, take my word for it. Look through the PDF copy of your citizenship application that I hope still have on your computer and just familiarize yourself with the answers you gave to some questions particularly for employment, physical presence and travel history. Very important!

Assuming you were working at company X when you were filling the form, the CIC agent will surely ask if you're still at company X or if you were in school or not working or whatever information you filled in. Basically, any answers that you give at the interview should not differ from your application with the exception of employment. People, quit work, get fired or terminated for various reasons so it's not an issue. Again, just give a sensible answer if/when asked. I like this recommendation by: Lux et Veritas : Just say you're actively looking for work and that with your experience etc. you're confident it won't be a problem and that Canada is your home now and you're familiar with the job market and how it works. That's really the key that you intend to make Canada home.
Lastly my friend, DO NOT VOLUNTEER ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED ABOUT.
thank u very much IllaBee for reply. the only problem is employment.because i done cash work for 3 to 4 years or self employed but i have noa from cra.for physical presence and travel history i never travelled and i am living in same address from 2004.now almost 12 years.so give me some advice which documents i can provide them. reply plzzzzzzz