+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study visa worry

Percy449

Mar 26, 2024
Hello I applied for a Canadian study permit in October of 2023 and did my upfront medical in November but my visa got rejected 3days after my visa got rejected I received a request to go for added medical of which I didn't take serious because of the frustration from the rejection.
I reapplied for a study visa on January 18 2024 and in February I received a call from IOM telling me that I need to cam back to the hospital for emergency additional tests before my visa can be approved I want to the hospital on the 19-23 of February for sputum and x-ray. The doctor said my results will be out in 8weeks but after 4 weeks I received and updated on my ircc account that they are reviewing my the results of my medical exam so I don't know what is going on .

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Have you ever had TB? Sounds like they saw something on your chest X-rays that needs further review. The update says they are reviewing your results so I'm not sure what your question is.

Percy449

Mar 26, 2024
They are reviewing my results my question is
Is it possible that my sputum results are out before the 8weeks and I have never had TB in my life but I am from an asthmatic family

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
All I can tell you is to be patient. X-rays are not definitive. They might have seen marks on your lungs that could be TB, could be from your asthma, or something else. That's why the additional tests were requested.