+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my study visa got rejected due to section 183 but it's the first time I applied for the study visa !

Ashmeet145

Jul 30, 2023
happened the same to me and i raised web form on 28th july and didnt got any reply from the ircc office till now and my classes arefrom 4th sept. please tell me what can i do?
is there anything beside web form that i can do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
happened the same to me and i raised web form on 28th july and didnt got any reply from the ircc office till now and my classes arefrom 4th sept. please tell me what can i do?
is there anything beside web form that i can do?
What were reasons for refusal? And why did you raise a webform and with information? Did you ask your parents if they had ever applied for any type of visa on your behalf as a minor? There are no timelines for reconsideration.

Ashmeet145

Jul 30, 2023
no they never applied for visa even when i was minor...i got my visa rejection stating that "On a past visit to Canada you did not comply with all conditions outlined in R183 of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-183.html) or written on your previous Canadian Immigration document." but i never visited canada before. i raised web form because the reason of refusal was not valid at all.
i dont know why they would give such reason.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
no they never applied for visa even when i was minor...i got my visa rejection stating that "On a past visit to Canada you did not comply with all conditions outlined in R183 of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-183.html) or written on your previous Canadian Immigration document." but i never visited canada before. i raised web form because the reason of refusal was not valid at all.
i dont know why they would give such reason.
All you can do is wait. Your name, if common, may be cross checked with a person of the same name who violated their stay.