+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my Study permit rejected sept 15

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

Unfortunately I received the rejection yesterday sept 15 for a study permit in niagara college, Canada Ontario
timeline:

-applied on august 29.
-got rejected on sept 15

this is my second visa rejection.
the weird thing is that my wife who applied with me for a work permit has not received any update and her application still on pending status

Here are the reasons of refusal. ( mexico visa office)

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
( I was very detailed describing the purpose of my visit in the intention's letter and even described why I was going to study in canada, and described my plans after finishing the studies, returning to my home country to pursue a career in software dev which is in high demand in my country)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

( I
don't have Family in Canada and the only family I mentioned were my parents in the forms who live here in my home country)

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

( I provided employment letter I have 1.2 years working and even put a recommendation letter from the director of my company)
As well we provided our financial status was really clear

- We really put attention to details in all documents and our motivation letters were strong.
- I was to study computer programming two years
- I have a bachelor degree in marketing and background in computer networking and multiple courses. I want to be a business analyst or even a sales engineer dev for me is the right path

I really dont know what to do at this point.

it almost makes no sense and I feel they are just refusing without even looking at the documentation.

As well I dont know what Is going to happen with my wife application. should I receive updates on upcoming days?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Her application will be refused at some point as it was dependent upon yours.

How old are you and when were you last in school? Refusals are common for older applicants who already have work experience applying for college diploma programs. A master's degree at a university would be better.

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
Thank you for your reply @primaprime.
1- I'm 32 years old. my wife is 26
2- I completed bachelor in 2018
3- Even though I completed my bachelor in marketing most of my experience has been in the IT industry.
4- I wrote about my family in the motivation letter, and gave a clear explanation on why I wanted to study on this field.

-For me to study a master degree would be great but it cost 3 or 4 times as much. we are talking about 50 to 60 thousands -Just for tuition and that's without including cost of living. way out of my reality

-Will it matter if I apply for an advanced diploma 3 years instead of a two year diploma?
-or would be better to take a one year course instead?

Im planing to order GCSM but man I'm so disappointed.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
At your age unfortunately the expectation is for you to pursue a master's degree. Tuition can be high but it is not $50k+ everywhere. Any sort of diploma program does not seem nearly as relevant to your career development.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
3- Even though I completed my bachelor in marketing most of my experience has been in the IT industry.
4- I wrote about my family in the motivation letter, and gave a clear explanation on why I wanted to study on this field.

-For me to study a master degree would be great but it cost 3 or 4 times as much. we are talking about 50 to 60 thousands -Just for tuition and that's without including cost of living. way out of my reality

-Will it matter if I apply for an advanced diploma 3 years instead of a two year diploma?

I will suggest that you apply for a masters program and use the admission letter for your Study Permit application.Of course, you should apply to the regular diploma program.Once you get the SP approval, you can now switch to your desired diploma program.

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
I will suggest that you apply for a masters program and use the admission letter for your Study Permit application.Of course, you should apply to the regular diploma program.Once you get the SP approval, you can now switch to your desired diploma program.

Is that legal? might that affect if I request PGWP afterwards?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

I see many problems:
1. Applying for diploma program when you have a Bachelor's. Diploma's are for weak high school graduates.
2. Applying for a different field from the one you studied potentially
3. Wife accompanying on diploma program. Family accompany success rate is only good for Master's, PhD

Master's, PhD can be fully funded by the university if you have good academics.

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
I see many problems:
1. Applying for diploma program when you have a Bachelor's. Diploma's are for weak high school graduates.
2. Applying for a different field from the one you studied potentially
3. Wife accompanying on diploma program. Family accompany success rate is only good for Master's, PhD

Master's, PhD can be fully funded by the university if you have good academics.

I see. Maybe if I apply to go alone and then If I get visa she can apply for a work permit 2 or 3 months after...
2- applying to a master degree is whole new experience and a lot more expensive.

what do you think if I order GSCM notes on this? I find that these refusal reasons to be way to general.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I see. Maybe if I apply to go alone and then If I get visa she can apply for a work permit 2 or 3 months after...
2- applying to a master degree is whole new experience and a lot more expensive.

what do you think if I order GSCM notes on this? I find that these refusal reasons to be way to general.
Yes, wait for the notes. How much money can you afford to spend on a 2 year's master's program? What is your GPA if converted to a /4.0 on a Canadian scale?

onyx1

Sep 16, 2020
@tapperb Im a 2.7 on a GPA scale of 4...

1- We declared in our application 35k CADs . (apparently funds were not a problem as they did not mention funds under reasons of refusal)

for us will be a lot of risk to ask more money as part of our funds are a loan. and we are already paying it and our cost of living already is high.

2- I have a bachelor in marketing but I don't have experience in marketing I have more experience on the IT field. or a kind of both. I've been account manager for companies related to technology. which I explained in the my motivation letter.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
@tapperb Im a 2.7 on a GPA scale of 4...

1- We declared in our application 35k CADs . (apparently funds were not a problem as they did not mention funds under reasons of refusal)

for us will be a lot of risk to ask more money as part of our funds are a loan. and we are already paying it and our cost of living already is high.

2- I have a bachelor in marketing but I don't have experience in marketing I have more experience on the IT field. or a kind of both. I've been account manager for companies related to technology. which I explained in the my motivation letter.
Don't think you can get into a Master's with 2.7. If I were you then I would apply for a PG program in IT as a single applicant. If that doesn't work then I don't know what will.

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I faced with the similar situation.

1. Mine is also a diploma but post graduated diploma, for those with bachelor's degree.
2. I also changed career into a totally different field.
3. Applied with spouse and both got rejected.

Reapplied on 15th Aug. without any updates yet.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I faced with the similar situation.

1. Mine is also a diploma but post graduated diploma, for those with bachelor's degree.
2. I also changed career into a totally different field.
3. Applied with spouse and both got rejected.

Reapplied on 15th Aug. without any updates yet.
Did you change anything in your new application? They want to see logical career progression, so a diploma in a totally different field makes no sense. Then bringing your spouse reduces your ties to your home country quite a lot and makes it seem more likely that you won't leave Canada when and if you have to. Ideally you would apply for a master's in your field and plan to bring your spouse later on.